Games you've wanted for years before finaly getting them and finding out they're actually just shit.

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
Nazulu said:
No idea!

Brawl, waited for it for 2 years getting hyped up more and more and ended screwing it up the ass! Same with the latest Mario Kart, shit gameplay and just about every level was in Mario Kart 64.
luckily, i was only aware of brawl months before it was released, so the letdown was less severe. i played on it only once.
i actually quite liked mk wii, for a multi-p game, but then i was comparing it to double dash. i know what you mean by the levels though. lazy f***ers.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Fallout 3.
Wasn't bad, per se, but not great either. After I ran around a bunch and beat it, I was done. Traded it in.

KOTOR 2.
The first one was so so very good. Then Obsidian came in and turned up the 'suck'. Not nearly as good story, poor characters, and broken ending. Waste of money.

Any Final Fantasy.
Every tells me this one or that one is good and awesome, and every one I play just makes me realize more and more that the stories are terrible (And pretentious), the characters are terrible, the voice acting (If any) is terrible, the combat is terrible, everything...just terrible. IF you're a fan, then that's cool. But it is not my cup of tea. At all.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
cainx10a said:
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
Well, where do I start .. CZ was supposed to implement bot functionality, and I half-expected the game to include new and better improvements both graphics-wise and even, gameplay-wise, instead, CZ was CS 1.6 shipped with Bots, and a cheesy single player campaign.

Counter Strike: Source
Same as with CZ, except this time, the source engine was able to give the game a whole new feeling, but not necessarily in a good way. Slow and chubby movements, a really weird aiming system, ragdoll over death animations, still crappy bots that for some reason seem to eat your system resources like a nasty virus. They made some great improvements to the game over time, but well, there are much better FPS now.

Mercenaries 2
Oh dear gods of Kobol, this one had to be the biggest letdown in video game history. How the hell do you ship such an awesome title without polishing it? The AI? Dumber than your average dork. Lack of a cover system, no fall damage, no damage from exploding vehicles, corny vehicle controls, and so much more.

HGL: Content Patch 2.0 never came out.

And a lot, a lot of others.
I can say the same about Bioshock/Fo3 being unpolished...

========
Kiutu said:
Halo 2. It hurt more when I learned Halo 2 fans were filled with people who never played the first. And that is when my distaste for Halo 'fans' begun. Though I use the term sarcastically, as real fans to me played the first and all campaigns and understand how lame 3 is.
I thought I was alone H2 was the down fall of Halo....

==========
Onyx Oblivion said:
I wanted Fallout 3 to be good...I was so hyped that I bought the guide and everything...Then it started to bore me...
FO3 is unfinished and rushed to market that manes it can get boring half way through it...

=========
facewithmace said:
Probably Quake 4, not really bad, just not amazing.
Face it it was bad...bland and short....Qauke 2 was awesome....and still is....

========
FinalGamer said:
Final Fantasy VIII. I was high on RPGs, I was real young and had NO idea what Final Fantasy was really about, I thought because of the numbers it'd be continuing the story in the same world.
Where was Midgar!?!? Where's the materia!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS JUNCTION SYSTEM!?!?
GOD I hate the Junction system, it's horrendously one-sided to me.
I think FF12 is worse the skill system is broken and the limit brakes highly generic so much so they are almost the same but in visual effects.

FFX was so so, I liked 9 the most of the 3D FFs....
========
Skillswords said:
The infamous SCAMola said:
Mass Effect.
I wanted that game for so long, and when I finally bought it it was shite.
Agreed
I got the PC version and wondered WTF was up with the buggy unfinished game....

=============
Galaxialconda said:
Breath of Fire IV: Dragon Quarters.

I love the breath of fire series, so naturally I wanted to get part IV. But when I finally did get it. I was disappointed to say the least. Gone was everything I enjoyed about the series, replaced with a new battle system that really did not work for the series.

I still play all the others but IV sits at the bottom of my game pile, yet 2 be completed.
BOF:DQ was horrable BOF1 was great,2 was so so 3 even more bland but 4 was awesome BOF5 DQ was blagh........

FYI 4 is not Dragon Qauter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breath_of_Fire_IV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breath_of_Fire:_Dragon_Quarter

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
Galaxialconda said:

I love the breath of fire series, so naturally I wanted to get part IV. But when I finally did get it. I was disappointed to say the least. Gone was everything I enjoyed about the series, replaced with a new battle system that really did not work for the series.

I still play all the others but IV sits at the bottom of my game pile, yet 2 be completed.
BOF:DQ was horrable BOF1 was great,2 was so so 3 even more bland but 4 was awesome BOF5 DQ was blagh........

DAMN IT! I forgot about that righteously. STUPID STUPID IDEA. Breath of Fire was epic, 3 was a goddamn masterpiece especially for me, and IV was just...wow.
God I hate Dragon Quarter.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Red Alert 3. I saw some screenshots/ gameplay videos etc. and tough "wow this really looks awesome". But when I finally got it...well all I'm gonna say it is nothing compared to Red Alert 2 for example.
Also Mirrors Edge. Was hipped for that one too, then I played it and...it was pretty boring.
The Godfather 2. Again hipped up for this. Played it and...it isn't a bad game but I wouldn't call it a good one either.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Abedeus said:
Golden Axe 2? :/

I dunno, expected something better. Much better...
not played GA2. the first was great, how different is the second?
Metroid Prime 2 was disappointing. it had some great parts (like Screw Attack) but in general...meh!

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
If this counts, I wanted Halo Wars for so long, but then a week after its release, i found it underneath the 300 dirham price tag (300 dirhams=90 something american bucks.), and it was a limited edition. I bought it, played it, beat it, and it was the most dumbed down piece of shit RTS I've ever played. It was fun, yeah, but where the fuck is the depth?!

Falconknight06

Three Falcons in a Trench Coat
Feb 15, 2009
Aidyn Chronicles for the N64. I was so excited, but when I finally got it, the combat system was terrible, the graphics were terrible, I played for an hour and quit in disgust!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
FinalGamer said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Galaxialconda said:

DAMN IT! I forgot about that righteously. STUPID STUPID IDEA. Breath of Fire was epic, 3 was a goddamn masterpiece especially for me, and IV was just...wow.
God I hate Dragon Quarter.
I was not to fond of 3 it felt very generic and I didn't care for the plot and story, I BOF4 loved it was amazing it hit all the marks but god was it short.

BOF:DQ is messed up like most JRPGs bad or dumb setups that drag the game down...

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Falconknight06 said:
Aidyn Chronicles for the N64. I was so excited, but when I finally got it, the combat system was terrible, the graphics were terrible, I played for an hour and quit in disgust!
It was a mess but I enjoyed it, the swap area has FO3 style fall through the game world issues tho you fell into the dungeon below it.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Black & White 2. Loved he original. The second one was quite horrific.

I prefered it when Liohead where making big promises and [b/]NOT[/b] meeting them. FYI Fable and Black & White are both awesome games, no matter how much they let people down.

Now their meeting all their promises for a game while forgetting about the fun part.

Spaz91

Oct 7, 2008
Resi 5
MGS4
FF12
The PS3 in general.
Fallout 3
Unreal Tournament 3
Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time (didn't play it untill the Wii came out)
MadWorld

Also, FinalGamer, I loved FF8. How was the junction system one sided? I found the FF8 system the best one out of all the FFs.

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
Final Fantasy 8 because a friend of mine was really into it and told me it was awesome beyond belief and I had just beaten FF7 for the second or third time so I decided to check it out. I got bored with it in like thirty minutes. The good news is that I conned another friend of mine to buy it for me so I didn't waste any money at all on it.

Apr 8, 2008
I remember thinking that State of Emergency was going to be cool,and then my buddy bought it on day 1...And it was small,stupid and seriously unfun.Well it may have had an hour's worth of fun off in there somewhere,but I remember thinking that I had more fun the first time I played it....when it was "The Mall Missions" in GTA:Vice City.

I've got a Pet Theory about Rockstar Games MO anyway.I'll Search and see if there's not a thread on it already and if not,I might put it up tonight.

Fulax

Jul 14, 2008
Every FIFA game until FIFA 09.

Every Pro Evo game since Pro Evo 5.

Halo 2 and 3.

EDIT: And Age of Conan. God that sucked.