GameStop Leaks Vita Memory Card Pricing

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
Well that certainly changes things....

I think I'm gonna hold off until sony gives the official price, but to be frank, I can't say I'm happy nor suprised at this...

Hope sony lowers the price of memory or at least comes up with a starter bundle decent enough to save this things.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Sony want to compete with the 3DS but they're pulling stunts like this? Ridiculous.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
And it was doing so well in terms of upcoming news. Oh well, I suspected as much when it was another one of these memory stick bullshit things (this was also originally a problem with the original PSP, and it still hasn't quite evened out yet).

Still looks better than the 3DS though. Still going to wait until it comes out to see if it's missing anything important like Nintendo's handhelds (just go back through the gameboy family. The second analog stick thing shouldn't have caught us by surprise).

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Will be getitng the vita that comes out a week early. It's like $50 extra bucks but comes with a memory card AND a game. Can't beat that.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Well, to be fair, those aren't out of line with Sony's charging for comparable sizes for the memory sticks the PSP takes. Granted those aren't propriatary so you can find better options. But then again, I've got quite a few old third party memory cards so wait a few months.

Wasn't planning to get it immediatly anyway.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
....damn. $120 for 32GB? That's absurd. I was already on the fence about this thing (really did not like the PSP, cramped my hands horribly), and this isn't helping. Still not dead for me, though, but it had better feel amazing in my hands, and the launch games had better be amazing.

TheGuy(wantstobe)

Dec 8, 2009
Can't even play some of them without one in the system though. If you plan on getting any of these games you need to buy the memory card or you can't even boot them up
@field
Uncharted
Dream Club Zero
Disgaea 3 Return
Hot Shots Golf 6
Monster Raider
Ridge Racer

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
How does a MEMORY CARD cost $120? That's (about) the price of a DS now!

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Grey Carter said:
GameStop Leaks Vita Memory Card Pricing
They're going to need to widely branch out the functionality of this device to justify that kind of price. And I don't just mean all of the stuff a smart phone can do, because even those still have the mad benefit of being pocket-sized.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Meh, saves are overrated anyways, the best way to play a game is to finish it on a single run, connected to a wall charger the whole time.

This is certainly a dick move from Sony's part, if this is especially true, then I guess I'll skip this handheld generation entirely.

On the other hand... if they say it'll be connected 24/7 with the G3 version, then maybe they'll attempt to pull off a "cloud saving" service, wich doesn't sound half bad at all, except if you decide to take a trip to another country or even a trip to the woods or some other virgin, remote place, untouched by civilization. Or if you decide to buy the cheaper Wi-fi model, wich would limit you to only save within a wireless router range, wich in turn would make you consider fork over some cash for a Memory Card and compensate the price of the 3G. Although admitedly, it's still ridiculously overpriced.

Just speculating, maybe I'm pulling this out of my ass... maybe not...

EDIT: OOHHHH, right, I completely forgot you could save your games within the card of the game itself, like a DS game. But still, I wonder what other uses a Memory Card could have.

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
Will not be buying since I have a small collection of downloaded games that work fine on my psp

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Hah, holy crap. Have fun with that early adopters of new hardware! Screw Vita at this point. What the fuck were they thinking using proprietary hardware when micro cards are so damn cheap and readily available?! Morons!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Proprietary memory cards that does the exact same thing as normal cards, but at quadruple price.
That sounds like a good idea.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
So, you don't want people to buy your new handheld or what? Seriously, this is really pushing it...

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Proprietary memory cards are awful. At least the Pro Duo cards were compadible with almost all Sony devices. In any case, why are they so expensive? I can go buy a 64GB Micro SD card for half that price, if not less.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Really, who is surprised about this?
Sony accessories and in this case memory cards were always expensive and btw the prices for the Japanese release were already known before.

Just wait for some other manufacturers and you will have better performance, same memory capacity and they will be cheaper.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm not surprised, they pulled the same shit with their Produo memory. This is just one reason why I don't like to support them. So, no Vita for me. There is some pretty awesome stuff coming out for the 3DS, though I would never waste my time with the 3D.

Sony = Fail. It's an equation they have to be used to by now.