GameStop Lists New Black Ops Limited Edition With DLC - Updated

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
GameStop Lists New Black Ops Limited Edition With DLC - Updated

It looks like that we're getting a new retail version of Black Ops come next week, but the details are still pretty vague.

If you've been planning to buy <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Xbox-360/dp/B003JVKHEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308680410&sr=8-1>Call of Duty: Black Ops, but just haven't gotten around to it yet, you might want to hold off a little longer. According to GameStop, next week is going to see a new version of the game on the market that will come with DLC included.

So far, no real details have been revealed, but GameStop has listed Call of Duty: Black Ops Limited Edition with DLC on its website. According to the listing, the game will be released in seven days on June 28th, will be available for both the 360 and the PS3 and is going to sell for $59.99.

There's also no information about what DLC will be included in this release. Activision has yet to confirm the whether or not this version is a) actually real or b) will be sold at other retailers. Expect an update if any further information is released.

Source: Joystiq

Update: An Activision representative has confirmed that the package will include Black Ops, a token for the First Strike DLC. It will sell for $59.99 starting June 28 in North America.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
I wonder if the limited edition will come with the annihilation map pack and/or anything else that makes it special.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Why do I get the distinct feeling that even though I bought the hardened edition of this game, something about the DLC coming with the LIMITED EDITION or the fact that they're releasing one at all is going to either piss me or make me hate Activision

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I've bought the last two DLC. I'm pretty sure if I buy this it'll be cheaper then if I bought the final DLC.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
AgDr_ODST said:
Why do I get the distinct feeling that even though I bought the hardened edition of this game, something about the DLC coming with the LIMITED EDITION/i] or the fact that they're releasing one at all is going to either piss me or make me hate Activision

Eh. It's just flavor text. Most companies eventually release packs that contain the original game and DLC.

Of course, most companies also release it at a lower price. But then again, Activision isn't known for decisions that make them endearing.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
AgDr_ODST said:
Why do I get the distinct feeling that even though I bought the hardened edition of this game, something about the DLC coming with the LIMITED EDITION or the fact that they're releasing one at all is going to either piss me or make me hate Activision
Eh. It's just flavor text. Most companies eventually release packs that contain the original game and DLC.

Of course, most companies also release it at a lower price. But then again, Activision isn't known for decisions that make them endearing.
yeah maybe but I can't help but get the distinct feeling that Activision wouldnt be above the idea of stooping so low as to bundle exclusive DLC with this LE, and selling it at full price. But odds are your right it'll probably just be nothing special[footnote]Putting the WaW Zombie maps in with the first strike and escalation map packs[/footnote] that I'll ignore like everyone else

Grond Strong

Mar 16, 2011
Well, I pre-ordered the thing about a year ago. So I've had it for quite some time and is therefore no use to me. But if you happen to be a part of the few people who haven't bought this game and are still interested in it, then the $45 worth of DLC will be a nice addition to the $60 of game plus all the DLC we were suckered into as well.

At the same time, looking at all the games coming out this year of this genre, this game might be obsolete by November and it might just be better to save that precious mula and buy a game that hasn't already been out for eight months.

BeefSteak

Oct 3, 2007
I've only played Zombies on Black Ops a few times with a friend one day. I'm a little bit interested in getting it because basically the only FPS I've played online lately has been L4D/L4D2, so it'd be an interesting change of pace.

I also kicked his ass considering I'd never played the game when we did a 1v1, so that made me pretty happy.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
look at what a great deal this is, now you get pay full price for a game that is almost a year old and that has a limited life multiplayer since activision releases these things yearly and once the new one is out the old ones seem to die pretty fast

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Don't worry. They'll include some type of exclusive beta code and time for MW3. The fanatics will flock to it like madmen.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Just First Strike? Not even Annihilation? Well, Gamestop is also PS3s with Black Ops and First Strike, so I guess I'm not surprised.

However, I will hold on. MW3 is just around the corner. This just seems like an attempt by Activision to squeeze one last dime out of Blops. But I can wait.

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
I don't see the big deal about Call of Duty DLC, it doesn't add anything to story, it just asks for money so you can go online and get shot at some more.