Gamestop Loses Its Mind

Feb 13, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
$249.99 is what a Wii costs, so Gamestop isn't doing anything to the price. I will admit, though, that the bundles are a little...odd. I mean, are you supposed to be taking your Wii in the tub with you?
There's also the limit of 2 per customer, which is fine until you realise you could get 2 with the duck, 2 with the tattoo...

This Nintendo Wii Summer Fun Bundle includes a Nintendo Wii and a free Water Gun. Water Gun style and color may vary. Available for online customers only while supplies last.
So, it may be a different color, or style or not there. If they run out of water guns first, will they stop selling the Wii's?

Arayis

Jul 11, 2008
Seriously? What an odd marketing campaign, but I guess if it gets people to buy more wii's-
Nah I can't be serious about this,but if that is a serious deal then it is a mixture of awesome and fail and makes me wonder if it'll go global...

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
ohellynot said:
Irridium said:
GTFO NOOB!!

... sorry, but if you don't have a rubber ducky than your parents don't love you. Thats the law of the land.

Back on topic, I wonder if anyone actually bought any of those things yet?
I have many rubber ducks, and only one wii.
I recenty sold the wii
Ok, lol, so it kinda goes like this (Wii<Rubber Ducky)?

Oh, and Mr. Irridium, I assure you my parents loved me, they never thought I needed a ducky, which is true. I just find them cute :3 "quack"

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, at first I didn't know what you were talking about, as that's cheaper than the Australia price for a Wii.

And you guys are complaining about games being expensive...

Our PS3s cost at least $600, I got mine for $700 I think.

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
They neglect to mention the duck bundle is rated AO.

http://gallery.koroded.net/v/Funny/02_bathduck_38843.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Kailias

Mar 11, 2009
Wii bath buddy bundle....? Sir I must ask WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TYPE IN THAT SEARCH ENGINE!? This makes me want to tell the good users here on the Escapist about when I bought my PS3 last year and a Crazy 360 fanboy working there refused to let me buy it.

Only one guy I ever talked to at gamestop was sane. Too bad I only got to talk to him twice...

Kailias

Mar 11, 2009
No, it seems more like gamestop hate to me. Besides, did you see those bundles? Would you really buy a Wii just because you get a free rubber duck you could get for a dollar at walmart? What does that have to do with gaming anyway?

I must say I love your avatar though. In Soviet Russia Mudkip liek you!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I... I... I don't know what to think. I mean is it awesome or is it lame? Rubber duck but Wii. Squirt gun but Wii. I... I... ducky... SQUIRT GUN... WII... SQUIRT DUCK... WII... I... WII DUCKY... I
AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
*head explodes*

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
what the fuck??? A wii and a squirt gun??? what does the wii have to do with a squirt gun?!?!?!?

ghostgnome

Jun 26, 2008
I actually work at Gamestop. (No joke)

To aid in the discussion, I just wanted to concur that we GS employees are insane. Completely out of our minds. Though after getting 10+ prank calls a day (none of them ever good enough to play along with), you would probably go insane too.

On a side note, in the Gamestop comp, Wii Fit Plus (Gameonly) is $0 preorder but when it shows the full price of the game with tax it comes to $543.25. The game with board is only $89. Only goes to further the bats*&t crazy that is GS

polygon

Jan 28, 2009
Trivun said:
Fanusc101 said:
Wait....I can get a Wii and a rubber ducky?

THIS IS MADNESS!
No, THIS IS GAMESTOP!!!!!

Sorry, had to do that. But yeah, it's pretty damn silly. I agree, a Darwin Award nomination is in order for those who buy the package. What a stupid idea. Even if you do get a rubber ducky for free :)
Beltom1066 said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
Madness? THIS IS GAMESTOP! Seriously though, they can't expect to sell Wii's at that price, it's highway robbery. And who doesn't already have a rubber duck anyway?
Edit: Damn Ninja'd
Malicious said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!

Madness? THIS IS GAMESTOP!!!!!!!

And yeah the duck thing is silly,and id skip that mario bundle and stick to the games of this millennium,and my PC for that matter
Brockyman said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
THIS IS GAMESTOP! and then they kick the consumer to the bit of overpriced used games and endless pre-order requests....
andrat said:
ohgodalex said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
Or a pirate tattoo. Or a water gun!
How generous can Gamestop get?
MADNESS?!
THIS IS SPARTA
But seriously, that's fucked up
Cortheya said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
THIS IS SPARTA!
pff I WANT THE TATOO KIT!!! I think this is trying to market to very young kids but come on guys....This just makes no sense at all
Eatbrainz said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
Madness...

THIS IS GAMESTOP!!!
Xandus117 said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!
VincentX3 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!

THIS IS SPAAARR- an overpriced nintendo wii
Deadman Walkin said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
No my friend... THIS IS SPAR......GAMESTOP!!!
buy teh haloz said:
Fanusc101 said:

THIS IS MADNESS!
Madness?

THIS! IS! GAMESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!

I couldn't resist.

In all seriousness though, this how you know Nintendo's target audience is totally not fucking worth it
Yes, we fucking get it, you goddamn lemmings.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
...uhhhh what? A bubble bath buddy? A Summer Fun Pack?....is this a fucking joke!!!!!!!!!

Just shows that the wii is a shit system

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
polygon said:
You might want to spoiler all that since you've quoted eleven people. Also, you can't blame people for reacting to an obvious joke, even if some people did't see it had been done already. Lighten up a bit, it's just joke, no need to get all angry about it.