GameStop May Have Let the Cat(Woman DLC) Out of the Bag

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
GameStop May Have Let the Cat(Woman DLC) Out of the Bag

An online goof suggests that players may be able to increase Arkham City's [http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316087783&sr=8-1] cat content.

A listing [http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/batman-arkham-city-limited-edition-official-strategy-guide/92682] on the GameStop website may have inadvertently revealed the existence of Catwoman DLC for Arkham City. According to the listing, BradyGames' limited edition guide to Arkham City contains details to "all four" episodes of Catwoman content.

We've known that Catwoman was playable in Arkham City for some time, but this is the first mention of additional content for her. It's not hard to imagine what it might be; Catwoman doesn't just disappear when you're playing as Batman, and there's all kinds of things she could be getting up to in Arkham City. Of course, that's assuming that it's story-based, which is what the word "episodes" implies. It could just be new challenge maps - it certainly wouldn't be the first time that downloadable content has let you play as one of Batman's rogues gallery in an Arkham game.

Obviously, this is all just speculation until Rocksteady and/or Warner Bros. confirms or denies it. We've reached out to them both, and will update if and when we hear anything back.

Batman: Arkham City comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on October 18th.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/14/gamestop-outs-possible-catwoman-dlc-for-arkham-city/]

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Who puts cats in bags? Cats hate bags.

It seems like she was pretty heavily featured in the ads so far. Usually DLC characters aren't featured like that. So maybe it's a skin?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Aaaargh, but I hate Catwoman. She's just one big horny stereotype.

[sup]I suppose I shouldn't turn my nose up at more opportunities to hit stuff, though.[/sup]

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Sparrow said:

[sup]I suppose I shouldn't turn my nose up at more opportunities to hit stuff, though.[/sup]
I wouldn't turn up my nose at hitting that either.

Oh wait, that's not what you meant :D

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
Sparrow said:
She's hot though, and she offers more unique gameplay. That's nothing to complain about IMO.
She needs more robo-arms and those goggles need to be built into her face, a la your namesake.

OT: Oh Gamestop, you guys are so crazy. Now lets see if they remove new game DLC codes.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
Adam Jensen said:
Sparrow said:
She's hot though, and she offers more unique gameplay. That's nothing to complain about IMO.
She needs more robo-arms and those goggles need to be built into her face, a la your namesake.
Your argument fails because...wait for it...

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Adam Jensen said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Adam Jensen said:
Sparrow said:
Your argument fails because...wait for it...

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!
Just lol.

Meanwhile, why are you already crafting dlc Rocksteady? This saddens me. Yeah you're trying to make something in spite of the pre-owned market but what about those of use who pay retail? You're just bilking us.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
DustyDrB said:
Who puts cats in bags? Cats hate bags.
How about let the cat out of the box?

Unless you get your game-discs in bags, in which case I'm sorry for you.

My last cat hated boxes though, he was rather claustrofobic, we think a previous owner must have locked him up.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
This game seems to have a lot of DLC. Remember when games came out with all their content available at the time of launch and then they sold an Expansion or DLC -after- the fact?

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
synobal said:
This game seems to have a lot of DLC. Remember when games came out with all their content available at the time of launch and then they sold an Expansion or DLC -after- the fact?
I do indeed, sir. I know I should, but I get peeved off at Day 1 DLC. That stuff should be on the disk to start with, even if it supposedly takes a few weeks to work the bugs out of it - I'm happy to wait a few weeks to get a full and complete game. Especially if I'm paying full price for it.

A job worth doing is worth doing right - and if it's done right, it's worth the full price. £40

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
Agreed. If the stuff is ready to go on the day the game is released, it is either stuff that has been developed alongside the main game (not as a last minute after thought) or stuff that was originally in the main game but was cut (like the gears 2 road to ruin scene I think). In either case, it should have been in the game.

Here is an idea for developers. Rather than releasing day 1 dlc (which has to be paid for) to encourage new sales instead of preowned, how about you make the new copies of the game more appealing by including the dlc codes in the product (one use only of course). Space Marine has done this recently and really benefited in my opinion.

Another idea would be to release something like the mass effect 2 cerberus network with games so that we get dlc for free (or at least a very generous discount).

There has to be some incentive for us gamers to part with our hard earned (and very stretched) spare cash for new games and in my opinion charging us for day 1 DLC is not it.

This might just be the way forward for developers to try and turn the market around.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Gunner 51 said:
synobal said:
I do indeed, sir. I know I should, but I get peeved off at Day 1 DLC. That stuff should be on the disk to start with, even if it supposedly takes a few weeks to work the bugs out of it - I'm happy to wait a few weeks to get a full and complete game. Especially if I'm paying full price for it.

A job worth doing is worth doing right - and if it's done right, it's worth the full price. £40
Glad I'm not the only one who gets pissed off at crap like that.
I enjoyed the first one and I was planning on getting this, but if they're going to nickel and dime us, I can find plenty of other things to play while I wait for goty.
I seem to be doing that a lot lately: renting, then later buying the goty if it's worth holding on to.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Sparrow said:

It's weird how you said ll those nice things about her but then hate her.

Or am I the last person riding the big horny train?

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I'm indifferent about Catwoman I would have rather gotten to play as the new Batwoman at least she likes the same things I do!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't like the design of catwoman, but any more content to that game will be good for me.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Soo... are there competing pre-order bonuses for this game?

I swear, all this talk of DLC and exclusive pre-order content is totally turning me off of this game.