GameStop Wants to Snag Exclusive Gameplay as Preorder Bonuses

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Neta said:
Then in that case, Gamestop aren't required to whine about piracy and they can either legitimately release a game in that country or they can STFU.
Nope, you're not entitled to a game of all things, nor are you justified if you decide to break the law.

Strazdas said:
because gamestop sells every game everywhere in the world for all platforms? because otherwise, no, they cannot chose to shop at gamestop - they wont sell to them.

Tough luck or not, people will pirate it because of that, regardless whether you or i think they should.

Gamestop needs to be killed for many reasons, and exclusive content isnt even the largest one. Not sure why my gamefront comes into play here, however i doubt gamestop can ever do that nor would i welcome a worse gamefront. gamestop is a disease on retail market.
Well too bad that doesn't justify breaking the law. Its often said on here that people are pushed to commit a crime because boo hoo the game they want isn't available to buy. Not only is that usually garbage as such people would pirate anyway, but it'd be garbage if the case anyway.
Plenty of people in the world are starving, and they don't get excused when they get caught committing a crime...so why should some entitled child who is relatively well off in comparison be excused?

Well hey if the commenators here are correct and PC versions start bombing, and than start being cancelled as a result of poor sales on the platform as a result than...well that'll cut piracy.

As I said they have a lot of customers, happy customers in fact or they'd not have the business they do. You wish for them to die just because you personally don't care for them...and what about Gamestop's customers?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I see Gamestop has finally figured out just how quickly their relevance is waning.

Holding chunks of game hostage as exclusive content is about the only way they can hope to force pre-orders through them, and not someplace like Steam, GoG or Amazon.

And to the (zero) developers reading this, I offer you a warning: If you are willing to engage Gamestop in their scheme you hereby forfeit the right to utter the words "Artistic Integrity" ever again; Especially in defense of your game.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
Well too bad that doesn't justify breaking the law. Its often said on here that people are pushed to commit a crime because boo hoo the game they want isn't available to buy. Not only is that usually garbage as such people would pirate anyway, but it'd be garbage if the case anyway.
Plenty of people in the world are starving, and they don't get excused when they get caught committing a crime...so why should some entitled child who is relatively well off in comparison be excused?

Well hey if the commenators here are correct and PC versions start bombing, and than start being cancelled as a result of poor sales on the platform as a result than...well that'll cut piracy.

As I said they have a lot of customers, happy customers in fact or they'd not have the business they do. You wish for them to die just because you personally don't care for them...and what about Gamestop's customers?
It does not matter if it justifies breaking the law or not. I am stating a fact that people will pirate the game. It does not matter what you or i think about these people. It does not matter whether their reasons are justified or not. There will be people who pirate because of it.

Piracy rate is higher on consoles compared to user amount [https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/09/22/gaming-piracy-separating-fact-from-fiction]. So no, it would not cull piracy, it just move more people, pirates included, to consoles. and you already know why i dont like that.

Your image does not load so i dont know whether it was important or not.

Your assumtion about happy costumers is same as assuming that Comcast has many happy costumers or they would not have the business they do. No, they have constumers because costumers dont have a choice. thats how monopolies work.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Strazdas said:
It does not matter if it justifies breaking the law or not. I am stating a fact that people will pirate the game. It does not matter what you or i think about these people. It does not matter whether their reasons are justified or not. There will be people who pirate because of it.

Piracy rate is higher on consoles compared to user amount [https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/09/22/gaming-piracy-separating-fact-from-fiction]. So no, it would not cull piracy, it just move more people, pirates included, to consoles. and you already know why i dont like that.

Your assumtion about happy costumers is same as assuming that Comcast has many happy costumers or they would not have the business they do. No, they have constumers because costumers dont have a choice. thats how monopolies work.
Yes, but that doesn't give you reason to justify it like they are forced into it. They make a decision, a decision they'd likely undertake anyway. So lets not try to paint pirates as some nice fluffy rebels shall we as you and others have before.
They aren't as I've said time and time again entitled to a game of all things.

Money, money, money. They can't hear you mate nor do they care.

http://i.imgur.com/0VPA8XD.gif

You hate them, so assume others must also and are only there because they are forced? I very much doubt all those that shop at Gamestop hate the company.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
Yes, but that doesn't give you reason to justify it like they are forced into it. They make a decision, a decision they'd likely undertake anyway. So lets not try to paint pirates as some nice fluffy rebels shall we as you and others have before.

You hate them, so assume others must also and are only there because they are forced? I very much doubt all those that shop at Gamestop hate the company.
i never justified them, merely stated a reason.

You are wrong about one thing though. its not a decision they likely undertake. its a decision they will take because there is no alternative other than not playing at all. when you leave a person no options, dont expect him to act fairly.

copyright infringers is a large and diverse group. painting them under one brush will never reflect reality.

Oh, im sure there are some people that dont know or dont care about being screwed and they will be happy costumers. does not excuse bad actions.

Yes, they wont care as long as they get money, which is why capitalism is a failure of a system.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
Strazdas said:

He wasn't justifying Piracy just pointing out that exclusive content will increase the amount of piracy. he ios correct when content is unavailable or the whole movie/music/game is unavailable in a region then there will be piracy from that reqion. If the publisher considers those lost sales then it is their own fault considering there is no excuse in this day and age to not distribute worldwide for digital copies. Making actual content exclusive will be the exact same thing as not selling it in a region except it will be everyone not buying from the store that will be a potential pirate. There will be a larger than normal amount of piracy just because the content was locked.

Does anyone have a right to piracy? No, that's not what he is saying.
Do they have a good reason to pirate? No, that's also not what he is saying.
Will it ioncrease the amount of piracy in regions that can purchase it? Yes and that's what he is saying.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Strazdas said:
i never justified them, merely stated a reason.

You are wrong about one thing though. its not a decision they likely undertake. its a decision they will take because there is no alternative other than not playing at all. when you leave a person no options, dont expect him to act fairly.

copyright infringers is a large and diverse group. painting them under one brush will never reflect reality.

Oh, im sure there are some people that dont know or dont care about being screwed and they will be happy costumers. does not excuse bad actions.

Yes, they wont care as long as they get money, which is why capitalism is a failure of a system.
Ahem.

No alternative? No option but to commit a crime? Here is where you try to justify a reason for breaking the law. Games however much I myself like them are not something you need to live, nor is it something you are entitled to.
At least with the robbers of food in the example I gave earlier can claim that they do actually need the food they steal to live, pirates cannot claim the same. There is quite simply no justification for their criminal act, no matter how it is spun.

We're talking companies so irrelevant, they don't care if pirates X, Y, Z do it as an "act of protest" or any such garbage. All the same as far as they are concerned.

Bad? Tell me something, is it bad for Gamestop? Is it bad for the developers? Is it bad for Gamestop's customers? Looks to me that you're the only one (by one I mean your "group") burned by this and why should Gamestop care for what you think? What does your happiness on the matter, matter for?

Gaming isn't a vital utility that requires government control so you'll just have to live with the sharks.

Sgt. Sykes said:
Oh sure, go ahead. In the meantime, indie games for $10 won't do any shit like that, and pirates will be able to play the full version of games for free, complete with all the bonuses from all the retailers combined.

I no longer buy these games, but I do wonder how much more shit will consumers take before the AAA industry collapses. It can't be much more, can it? In fact, how much shit can these companies even think of? The well of retarded ideas must be pretty dry by now.
And they will get pirated regardless (indie games), lets not dress up the issue as something it isn't.

You speak as if they are bones right now and on the verge of death...when in actuality they are quite fat.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
Ahem.

No alternative? No option but to commit a crime? Here is where you try to justify a reason for breaking the law. Games however much I myself like them are not something you need to live, nor is it something you are entitled to.
At least with the robbers of food in the example I gave earlier can claim that they do actually need the food they steal to live, pirates cannot claim the same. There is quite simply no justification for their criminal act, no matter how it is spun.

We're talking companies so irrelevant, they don't care if pirates X, Y, Z do it as an "act of protest" or any such garbage. All the same as far as they are concerned.

Bad? Tell me something, is it bad for Gamestop? Is it bad for the developers? Is it bad for Gamestop's customers? Looks to me that you're the only one (by one I mean your "group") burned by this and why should Gamestop care for what you think? What does your happiness on the matter, matter for?

Gaming isn't a vital utility that requires government control so you'll just have to live with the sharks.
in a situation i was talking about - which is gamestop having exclusive gameplay but does not sell you the game, the only way to play this content is to pirate it.

Internet is not something you need to live. A car is not something you need to live. Clothes are not something you need to live. yet it is normal to expect to have these things and one of them is even considered a human right according to current human rights declaration. you can live off bread and water yet you do not suggest that anyone that wants to eat healthy is "not entitled to it".

Once again, i never justified their act, i merely stated that they will do it and why they do it. Your, mine, and other people justifications differer due to subjective belief of right and wrong. Piracy is illegal, but not ammoral for example.

All utilities require government control, because capitalism is unable to self-regulate. when it tries we get economic depressions.

Yes, im sorry i want to get sharks away from resort beaches, i guess in your opinion we should just let the invsible foot do whatever it wants.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Rozalia1 said:
Neta said:
Then in that case, Gamestop aren't required to whine about piracy and they can either legitimately release a game in that country or they can STFU.
Nope, you're not entitled to a game of all things, nor are you justified if you decide to break the law.
Wrong again.

If a publisher deliberately decides NOT to release a game in a particular region, they have nobody to blame but THEMSELVES when that game gets pirated by people in that region.

Region locking games causes publishers their problems.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Strazdas said:
in a situation i was talking about - which is gamestop having exclusive gameplay but does not sell you the game, the only way to play this content is to pirate it.

Internet is not something you need to live. A car is not something you need to live. Clothes are not something you need to live. yet it is normal to expect to have these things and one of them is even considered a human right according to current human rights declaration. you can live off bread and water yet you do not suggest that anyone that wants to eat healthy is "not entitled to it".

Once again, i never justified their act, i merely stated that they will do it and why they do it. Your, mine, and other people justifications differer due to subjective belief of right and wrong. Piracy is illegal, but not ammoral for example.

All utilities require government control, because capitalism is unable to self-regulate. when it tries we get economic depressions.

Yes, im sorry i want to get sharks away from resort beaches, i guess in your opinion we should just let the invsible foot do whatever it wants.
Irrelevant, doesn't excuse breaking the law.

Actually clothes are in essence needed to live as you're not exactly going to go far going through life nude. Still won't be excused if you decide to steal them.

How you put things tells me otherwise in what you're doing. You're trying to paint them in a more positive light.

I'm not a hard line capitalist, but no we ain't going to be treating the gaming industry like vital utilities.
They do not, nor should they get the same treatment.

Neta said:
Wrong again.

If a publisher deliberately decides NOT to release a game in a particular region, they have nobody to blame but THEMSELVES when that game gets pirated by people in that region.

Region locking games causes publishers their problems.
Poppycock, absolute poppycock. So who is to blame when the game gets pirated anyway even when available? The company does not force pirates to commit a criminal act, no. Gaming is a consumer product, one that you do not require to live. Necessity cannot be claimed like it can with those who steal to feed themselves, pirates do it out of greed simple as.

No, the vices of criminals is what causes them problems.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
Irrelevant, doesn't excuse breaking the law.

Actually clothes are in essence needed to live as you're not exactly going to go far going through life nude. Still won't be excused if you decide to steal them.

How you put things tells me otherwise in what you're doing. You're trying to paint them in a more positive light.

I'm not a hard line capitalist, but no we ain't going to be treating the gaming industry like vital utilities.
They do not, nor should they get the same treatment.
This is not about excusing the law. i have stated multiple times this was not. stop repeating that.

Im not painting pirates in "postive light". im giving you a reason why some part of pirates will pirate this game. this reason is neutrals as to my views to these people.