Gaming crossovers; which would you propose?

Saladfork

New member
Jul 3, 2011
921
0
0
Personally, I've been thinking just how awesome (and how monumental an undertaking) something like Civilization: Total War could be.

All the depth of your country's management from, say, Civ IV: BTS, and instead of the stacks of doom (which I loathe with a passion) you could have a total war-esque army with total war-esque fighting. Really, it would be a ton of Total War games in one, too, seeing as how you go from stone age to space age and beyond in Civ.

I suppose the same might be said of something like Europa Universalis: Total War as well, but I'm more familiar with Civ.

Anyway, what other crossovers do you think would be a cool idea?
 

targren

New member
May 13, 2009
1,314
0
0
Years ago, I always wanted a cross between X-Com: UFO Defense and TIE Fighter.

Then, unfortunately, I got one [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM:_Interceptor].
 

Saladfork

New member
Jul 3, 2011
921
0
0
targren said:
Years ago, I always wanted a cross between X-Com: UFO Defense and TIE Fighter.

Then, unfortunately, I got one [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM:_Interceptor].
Always sucks when an idea with potential is wasted so badly.

*cough*Spore*cough*
 

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
4,815
0
0
Jak and Ratchet, Full Metal Jakit. ND and Insomniac are already really close, they even mention each other in their credits under special thanks.
 

Terminate421

New member
Jul 21, 2010
5,773
0
0
Well recently my dream game for pokemon came true....Shining Force meets Pokemon....Its fuckin' awesome.
 

TehCookie

New member
Sep 16, 2008
3,919
0
0
TizzytheTormentor said:
Devil May Cry X Bayonetta!

Awesomeness at it's fucking finest! Dante and Bayonetta kicking ass together! Sign me up!
I'm shoving money in my PS3 but it's not working!

If not that a SMT Pokemon crossover. I don't know how it would work but I would want someone to make it happen. (and I can't find this hilarious comic where Raidou from Devil Summoner and Ash Ketchum mix up their monsters)
 

Cheesepower5

New member
Dec 21, 2009
1,142
0
0
No More Heroes meets Metal Gear Solid. Hideo Kojima and Suda 51 are BFFs, so it`s quite possible.

Also: Dragon Quest Z: Budokai.
 

Eddie the head

New member
Feb 22, 2012
2,327
0
0
EHKOS said:
Jak and Ratchet, Full Metal Jakit. ND and Insomniac are already really close, they even mention each other in their credits under special thanks.
As well as the 5 million Easter eggs. Also they kind of did that with playstaton move heroes they even had sly copper in there. It's all a side thing has no impact on any of the story's , you can look it up on Youtube.
 

Keoul

New member
Apr 4, 2010
1,579
0
0
Assasins creed X Mass Effect

Imagine a futuristic squad of assasins, would make an awesome sci-fi sneaking game. You only get a really slow reloading sniper rifle, a knife, and 2 squad mates.
You'd have to plan out every level, using your squadmates to take out 3 guys at the same time or to be a distraction while you flank the enemy from behind.
 

Ruedyn

New member
Jun 29, 2011
2,982
0
0
Ass creed in Persia, and perhaps their Prince could be involved? Hmmm?
 

Gennadios

New member
Aug 19, 2009
1,157
0
0
Civ: Total War would be awesome, It's crossed my mind more than once.

I personally would love to see a cross between The Sims and The Walking Dead, the social interactions mixed in with survival and scavenging in an open ended environment would be epic.
 

natster43

New member
Jul 10, 2009
2,459
0
0
A Mario Party-esque game featuring Valve characters.
Also a Metal Gear Solid and Assassin's Creed crossover.
 

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
1,203
0
0
Gennadios said:
I personally would love to see a cross between The Sims and The Walking Dead, the social interactions mixed in with survival and scavenging in an open ended environment would be epic.
Project Zomboid is kinda like this, only with less social interactions in its current state.
 

Gennadios

New member
Aug 19, 2009
1,157
0
0
SlaveNumber23 said:
Gennadios said:
I personally would love to see a cross between The Sims and The Walking Dead, the social interactions mixed in with survival and scavenging in an open ended environment would be epic.
Project Zomboid is kinda like this, only with less social interactions in its current state.
I've only played a very early alpha several months ago. Will it actually have base building and random/non scripted group gathering?

It seemed fairly linear to me when I played it.
 

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
1,203
0
0
Gennadios said:
SlaveNumber23 said:
Gennadios said:
I personally would love to see a cross between The Sims and The Walking Dead, the social interactions mixed in with survival and scavenging in an open ended environment would be epic.
Project Zomboid is kinda like this, only with less social interactions in its current state.
I've only played a very early alpha several months ago. Will it actually have base building and random/non scripted group gathering?

It seemed fairly linear to me when I played it.
Not sure about base building, all you can do at the moment is barricade doors and windows in terms of that. I don't know if they are going to extend on that and if so to what extent. In the build they have at the moment theres a sandbox mode where you basically do whatever you want, nothing is scripted, and there are random encounters with other survivors etc. They have a really nice character customization system where you choose perks and you start on 0 perk points and so you have to choose some perks that cost negative perk points and have negative effects to be able to buy any of the good ones. So your character will have weaknesses as well as strengths.
 

404notfound

New member
Nov 9, 2009
99
0
0
Gennadios said:
Civ: Total War would be awesome, It's crossed my mind more than once.
Dynasty: Total War, basically same idea as you but replace Civ with Dynasty Tactics/Warriors. Gameplay of Total War series with Dynasty chars, settings etc. etc.