Gaming Girl Power on the Rise

Lavi

Sep 20, 2008
Zallest post=7.72510.763424 said:
"hated Final Fantasy 10"

You're a ....female and you hated... FFX... dear god you've stolen me away! Finally I've tried to convince so many female friends who love that game that it sucks!
I mean I don't enjoy any JRPGs but i hated FFX the most out of any the ones I played.
LOL I hated FFX probably the most. Tales of Symphonia is much better.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
avykins post=7.72510.765002 said:
OMFG girls listen to music and talk/text on mobile phones. Who would have guessed! I feel soo much better now that people have wasted $$ conducting these vital studies. -.-;;;
Oh yes! such valuable research! Of course they didnt have record players or home phones they could chat aimlessly to people to back in the day! Oh wait shoot they did...retard researchers.

Gaming girls = old news, I get my ass handed to me plenty by chicks who can ***** slap noobs just as good as me.

Gaming Mother however = interesting news. I've seen this trend grow over the past decade as gaming girls get knocked up by either A) some clueless moron they got drunk at a lan party with or B) their spouse who didnt high tail it for the border as soon as he found out he had procreated.

Only reason i find this interesting is because of the high volume of work load there is in the first 5-10 years of childhood for the parents. Kids = Less Pew Pew More Q Q.

ShadeOfRed

Jan 20, 2008
OH GEEZ. Girls play games? Call goddamn Nintendo, we've seen a BREAKTHROUGH.
*Goes to kill self*

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Simski post=7.72510.763887 said:
It does however annoy me when girls get undeserved attention for doing so.
I second this, whether it's the "OMGZ UR A GIRL PIX!" that comes from those socially inept idiots, or the "im a girl, give me stuff" that comes from the attention-seeking whores. In my eyes, you're a gamer, meaning I'll treat you the same regardless of gender.

As for the article, it's something we already know; not exactly news-worthy.

Jul 9, 2008
I've run into girls who were better than me on CoD4. This isn't news.

Games are getting somewhat more girl friendly, like in Halo 3 when you can choose whether your death yell is male or female.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
I'm not realy convinced that the purse is from the pyro. I'd say it's owned by the announcer. Wasn't there a tube of anti-infammatory salve in there as well?

I'd say they are going for an infinite onion approach on him/her/it. Beneath the gas mask is another gas mask, beneath which is another and another and ...

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Just the tip of the iceberg my friend. For too long, sports fans have been getting away with being mainstream despite having their own geeky obsession with sports. However, we are breeding a new generation of electronics users and I'm looking forward to the day you can reference games without getting blank stares from co-workers.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I see your point. The above kind of implied girl gamers are all from the casual girly girl market. I understand if it was not intended though. We just don't like getting lumped in with the Wii Fit/Nintendogs gamers and can't always resist complaining about the times we see our passion becoming a casual pre-teen's new accessory.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Joeshie said:
Good god, we know by now. Stop beating a dead horse.

As far as I'm concerned, the only "girl gamer" news that should be of note in the future is if they start playing more hardcore games.
Define "hardcore"?

Yeah, these people need to shut up and leave the ladies alone. You know why guys don't believe we play games? We spent an awful lot of time convincing them we didn't so we didn't have to fake losing to stroke the male ego. :p

But all joking aside, girls have been playing games for as long as boys, just not in the same numbers.