Gaming Jokes

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Only in video games will you have dudes in full combat armor, vests, helmet, be the standard skin for the "standard mook infantry" that can die from a single sniper round anywhere on their person....and have the "elite" enemy, literally be a shirtless dude, who can take 2 rounds to the chest and keep coming.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I must say Sekiro by contrast is made a pretty pleasant experience via the pause function.
I admit it is really nice to have the ability to pause in the middle of a boss battle that might go on for some time.

"I have to go to the bathroom but I've got him down to 1/8 health bar! Do I throw the fight, piss my pants or hope I kill him before I piss my pants? Why doesn't this game have a PAUSE FROM?"

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Pause can be exploited in gameplay by using it to quickly switch equipment (think of a boss that start doing mostly physical damage but would switch to mostly magical mid fight, or one where they go from slow lumbering with high damage attack to quick with many low damage attack).

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I admit it is really nice to have the ability to pause in the middle of a boss battle that might go on for some time.

"I have to go to the bathroom but I've got him down to 1/8 health bar! Do I throw the fight, piss my pants or hope I kill him before I piss my pants? Why doesn't this game have a PAUSE FROM?"
I’d venture a guess that Elden Ring will return to that design, based on the traditional multiplayer mechanic returning. Sekiro was such a surprise being so old school in its design, even more so than earlier FROM games and especially with Activision involved. Like God of War, it was also later enhanced with a free update. Odd to feel like such games are a rarity now.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Lol, what a good joke, Tim, you're such a funny guy!
Did he really just tweet the consensus consumers have held and accepted as an unfortunate reality forever like it's something brand new? I can't tell if this is his just being out of touch, or some double-backhanded condescension, like the richest man on the planet commenting that he hopes poverty isn't a permanent thing and could be fixed with some rational thinking. What's the context of this statement?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Did he really just tweet the consensus consumers have held and accepted as an unfortunate reality forever like it's something brand new? I can't tell if this is his just being out of touch, or some double-backhanded condescension, like the richest man on the planet commenting that he hopes poverty isn't a permanent thing and could be fixed with some rational thinking. What's the context of this statement?
Dunno what exactly made him post this, but Sweeney and Epic like to act like they're the scrappy underdogs fighting the good fight against the big bad corporations. Of course, they're not, more like they're trying really hard to become the next evil empire, and statements like this especially ring kind of hollow when last year they did shit like this:

Subtle

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dunno what exactly made him post this, but Sweeney and Epic like to act like they're the scrappy underdogs fighting the good fight against the big bad corporations. Of course, they're not, more like they're trying really hard to become the next evil empire, and statements like this especially ring kind of hollow when last year they did shit like this:

Subtle
The best part about this is that almost no one was falling for it outside of a few minor exceptions. Even the kids and teens realize how full of shit they were.