Gaming Journalists Make No Damn Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I’m using your definition and asking question. Specifically to find out if what you mean.
Oh geez, is this what happens when you stop speaking in one-liners? Incomplete sentences?

Sorry, I still don't understand what you're talking about. Slow down, maybe sober up, and formulate your question again. What are you asking me?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Oh geez, is this what happens when you stop speaking in one-liners? Incomplete sentences?

Sorry, I still don't understand what you're talking about. Slow down, maybe sober up, and formulate your question again. What are you asking me?
Here is your definition:
If you want to call it censorship, hiding, changing, or destroying the art, not the person, needs to be the goal, otherwise it's just collateral damage.
Based on your definition, free speech can’t be censored because it not art. Is this true?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Based on your definition, free speech can’t be censored because it not art. Is this true?
No, that's not true. I wasn't giving a comprehensive definition of what "censorship" is. I said "art" because we were talking about video games and movies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No, that's not true. I wasn't giving a comprehensive definition of what "censorship" is. I said "art" because we were talking about video games and movies.
Great, just trying to figure out your definition here. This is the rest of the quote
Assuming that's true, that's just straight up trying to destroy a person and their livelihood because he criticized Mr. President.
That's kind of like saying trying to kill Hitler was censorship, because Hitler painted.

If you want to call it censorship, hiding, changing, or destroying the art, not the person, needs to be the goal, otherwise it's just collateral damage.
Because, it sure doesn’t sound like speech is protected at all by your first 3 lines here.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Being fired from a job for not saying exactly what Trump wanted him to say.
Well I'm sure if I called my boss Cunty McFartface I wouldn't last too long in my job.

He didn't say what Trump wanted, seems that part of said job was doing that in his bosses eyes so he was fired. He wasn't black bagged. He wasn't beaten unconscious. He was fired from his job and told he will no longer be paid for his speech. He can still speak though.

To use the comic a lot of woke types like referencing over often more extreme case.

free_speech.png

Status
Not open for further replies.