Gaming moments where you just say, "I am not having the best luck here" or "I honestly suck at this"

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
flight maneouvers in any game.
fighting games
games where AI is so overpowered you end up building tunnels out of your anti-air buildings just so your army wouldnt be bombed to hell when leaving your base. They would cosntantly run a stream of planes, neverending. After i finished that mission i think i killed like over 100.000 british planes that day. not sure they even had that many in WW2 total.
Whenever the game wants me to go about something certain specific way, like "Send scout there". well, thats obviously a trap, so lets send whole squadron of heavy fighters, boom, enemy uses converter beam, now i have 0 ships and my own heavy fighters are destroying my mothership. WHY DIDINT I LISTEN!!!

Magic the gathering. i always lack land. like i woudl draw 2 or 3 lands and sit dry the rest of the game while i cant even let a single card out and the other guy keeps pounding my health. ok, so maybe its shit deck, we switch decks, he draws 12 lands right at the start. Sigh.

Sniping at moving targets. some games just do it wrong!

AusGamer44

Mar 24, 2011
I suck REALLY hard at driving virtual vehicles.I HATED the airboat section of Half Life 2 as I couldn't control the thing. LA Noire I ended up walking everywhere. And I never finished Mass Effect cos I
couldn't drive the bloody tank. I have no idea why I suck at it. I'm not a terrible driver IRL. Maybe because I'm left handed.I can never find a keybind that feels entirely comfortable.

Tsukuyomi

May 28, 2011
Any time I step into League of Legends Ranked play. I'm fine most times when it comes to normals and I probably have a reasonable win-rate to boot. But the moment I queue for Ranked I'm just done. People are more aggressive, less forgiving of any mistakes, and oftentimes it always feels like they know something I don't but they won't share that knowledge with me.

proctorninja2 said:
Every time I try and play a sealed event in Magic the Gathering
Oh god, I know your pain. Put me at a kitchen table and most times I'll at least be able to get something done even if I don't win. Put me at a pre-release, a Booster Draft, or a Friday Night Magic? It's done. I'm probably dead last in the standings. The ONE time I came close to winning a Booster Draft I screwed myself over. Of course it often doesn't help that there's people out there who are willing to spend absurd amounts of cash on cards, cash I don't have, but still.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I chain Pokemon, that means you use a certain "Poke Radar" to encounter a Pokemon several times, by following a set of rules and guidelines. But with rarer Pokemon, half the battle is FINDING it in the first place. Seriously, I'd go as far to say that the game is moody, and that you should reset your console if you go through 10-20 Radar resets, and try again. It worked every time for me when I was chaining Pinsir! Maybe it's fatigue...

SerithVC

Dec 23, 2011
I can't remember the game but it was shooter and didn't have regenerating shields or health and the goal was to get to the escape point. I had about 5 shots left since i wasted a bunch of ammo earlier not expecting to be at this point in the game. So i had to run through to the exit with like 1 health left, next to no ammo, and about 1000 enemies (i know thats an exaggeration) so i just bolted through, bullets whizzing past, ducking under an incoming rocket, and somehow made it to the end of the level without getting hit. it's the little moments like that that make me miss the good ol' days of gaming. Another time me and a friend were playing Hunter the Reckoning: Wayward and he died, and we were out of lives, i was running low on ammo (i was playing as Kassandra the Martyr, he was playing as either Father Esteban the Judge or Spencer the Avenger) so i switched to my melee weapons and just started hacking and slashing my way to victory, barely dodging the stronger enemies.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Lucyfer86 said:
Just now with Hearthstone, having some nice losing streak going on.
Doubt i get my daily done at this rate.. oh well.
I want to play that... Still hoping for access to the beta.

OT: The Binding of Isaac. I really just suck at this game, which is a shame because I really like it.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Certainly get those days where every roll you make doesn't even make it to double digits. Recently started a new D&D campaign at level 2 and everyone in our party missed every attack and got him for every roll of the enemies, my Barbarian was down in 2 rounds. The party ended up being saved by the NPCs we were protecting.

I get the "I honestly suck at this" moment every time I play a fighter, I really enjoy fighters but I have neither the reflexes or memory to pull off any decent moves or combos.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I generally say this whenever I lose a sniping battle in Counter-Strike, actually I usually say this whenever I am killed in Counter-Strike by an enemy when we have an even advantage, like when its 1 vs. 1, we have similar weapons, and we see each other at the same time.

Counter-Strike is definitely the game I do it the most on, actual specifics are hard because of how many rounds I have played but there are often times where I get the jump on some enemies and try to kill them all before they know I am there and in attempting to shoot 2 or more enemies quickly I only wound each one and they manage to kill me without me killing any of them.

Battlefield 3 does has this a lot as well when I fail to kill infantry with a tank or when I get the jump on someone and still fail to kill them.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Any strategy game that isn't Pokemon. I can do Pokemon, but RTS or turn based strategy games are just not my thing. Also, I'm terrible at Halo despite how much of it I play.