Gary Gygax Dies

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
I'll always remember him for his cameo on Futurama. That and the roleplaying of course.

Deaf_Skull

Aug 14, 2007
Hope his work lives on and isnt spoiled by some money hungry game designer (electrical or table top)

UMID

Mar 5, 2008
Good work, pal. Rest well.

(1)
(In Swedish D&D, that's a critical hit ;-))

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
I've only recently got into D&D (a few months back), so I wasn't there when it only just came out and couldn't feel what an important thing it really was, but I think the evidence that it was is all around us. I wonder what class God is rolling...

(13)

Feb 13, 2008
I met him once (20!) and he was just a lovely old duffer, as mad as he was on Futurama.

Few daft ideas for D&D but he brought roleplaying to the masses, so he's more than forgiven.

/salute.

Mar 6, 2008
I'm very saddened by this as I had hoped to meet the man one day and thank him for all
the fun me & my friends had when we were growing up.

D&D was a great way to spend a winters weekend when I was 11 and some of my most
treasured memories are of times spent with my best friends having epic game sessions. We
moved on to other games of course but none of that would have been possible without D&D.

In my personal life, D&D was the springboard that led me into a life of enjoying gaming
as a hobby. I cannot count the friends and associates who have enriched my life, people I
would not have met were it not for the gaming hobby and most especially the roleplaying game
at its center. Few men add as much to human happiness that Gary Gygaxs' games and adventures
did.

Just look at the myriad of games we have today and realise that they are only there because they stand on the shoulders of a giant who is no longer with us.

Tonight I'm going to fire up good old Baldurs Gate & create a charatcter and drink some whiskey in Gary's honour as I am no longer able to play any P&P with my old friends due to
them being scattered all about the country. Such is life when you grow up and move on.

Enjoy the Elysian Fields Gary, and may your Handy Haversack never be too full for your
mountain of gems.

[18]

d20gamemaster

Mar 10, 2008
Wow I am really sad to here this and hope that his family and friends know how much many around the world pray for peace.

After a bit of search found http://www.gygaxgamers.com , in tribute to devolopers and gamers alike. I am going to signup and give my respect.

If I had 3 wishes it would be to allow me one game with him , so he can kill me off for being not almighty. The second wish would be to run a game in his memory. The final would be to devolop in his footsteps.
I know there is others that feel the sadness from Gary Gygax death. I know the products he did with TSR were the foundation of what I know today. Please support his legacy.

Best wishes to all gamers and their families.

D20