Gatchaman Vs Street Fighter!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Gatchaman Vs Street Fighter!

The frankly bizarre fighter Tatsunoko vs Capcom is finally getting a release in the West.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is a another entry into Capcom's much loved Vs series. Released on the Wii in Japan, the game features a crazy mix of characters from Capcom franchises and Tatsunoko anime alike. Morrigan from DarkStalkers and Viewtiful Joe as a tag team anyone? Or perhaps you fancy playing as a giant robot that can turn into a lighter?

But like building a hot tub on the moon, a western release for Tatsunoko vs Capcom was thought to be impossible. In Japan, Tatsunoko's output, which includes the seminal anime Speed Racer, Gatchaman and Samurai Pizza Cats - who sadly do not appear in the game - is theirs to with as they wish, but in the West, around 12 different companies own licensing rights, making any western release tricky at best.

Capcom said that it would work on getting the game released in the West and it seems by some kind of eldritch sorcery, they've pulled it off. The most recent issue of Nintendo Power broke the news, and pictures of the issue proved it to the rest of the world. While no date has been confirmed, the game will be coming to the US soon.

Source: GoNintendo [http://gonintendo.com/?p=82826]

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
seems like a pretty big effort for something that probably would only have niche appeal to existing fans...though I wonder if the popularity of Street Fighter IV made them think it would be worth it to get another full price game out

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
nilcypher said:
But like building a hot tub on the moon, a western release for Tatsunoko vs Streetfighter was thought to be impossible.
Well, there goes my plan for a 5-star resort located on the lunar crater Daedalus.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Whoo hoo! More Vs. craziness can hardly be a bad thing...

Wait. ONLY FOR THE WII? GRAAAAAAAAAAH!

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
I wish this would come out for some more consoles because it looks super-fun. Also, I rather like the idea of a fighter where the constraint lies in tactics rather than mastering inputs.

Towowo2

Feb 6, 2009
New information

- name being changed to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Star
- online play may be added
- new characters might happen
- due out before the end of this year, around Winter

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I still need to play DreamMix TV...
I need to see Optimus Prime fight Solid Snake.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
Keane Ng said:
Pi_Fighter said:
To be honest, that just looks like Street Fighter IV with new skins.
Yeah, it's a bit completely not like that.
Ok.
So what is it then?
I'm assuming it's similar to Marvel V/S Capcom, but with a whole set of different characters with different moves etc ...