Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I mean they're gonna try. The type of guys with guns who are standing ready for election day aren't exactly the type of guys who are worried about Twitter trends and viral memes.
But this sums up Liberals vs Conservatives pretty well. We're bringing gay hashtags to a gun fight.

I mean what's the goal here? To shame and embarrass these right-wing militant groups into not shooting up a polling place or gunning down a Democratic official, because they'd hate to be confused with a pro-gay movement for all of the 8 seconds it takes gays to realize they're now tied to a right-wing militant movement with blood in their hands? And then George Takei will have to be on Twitter disassociating himself from the Proud Boys movement, thus defeating the entire point of trying to take the phrase over.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
When it comes to the proud boys, fuck those guys.

And to the guys reclaiming the term...well...fuck those guys too! But, you know...in a way they enjoy and stuff!
So..."May everyone get fucked in the manner they deserve?" :p

Reactions: happyninja42

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I mean they're gonna try. The type of guys with guns who are standing ready for election day aren't exactly the type of guys who are worried about Twitter trends and viral memes.
But this sums up Liberals vs Conservatives pretty well. We're bringing gay hashtags to a gun fight.

I mean what's the goal here? To shame and embarrass these right-wing militant groups into not shooting up a polling place or gunning down a Democratic official, because they'd hate to be confused with a pro-gay movement for all of the 8 seconds it takes gays to realize they're now tied to a right-wing militant movement with blood in their hands? And then George Takei will have to be on Twitter disassociating himself from the Proud Boys movement, thus defeating the entire point of trying to take the phrase over.
This is an Anti-Proud Boy specific op. Like how the Kpop folks signed up for all those Trump rally tickets.

See, the Proud Boys rely on their rep of being tough alpha dudes who don't eat certain beans because it'll make them femme. Anytime they start losing street fights to soy-eating, gender neutral anarchists their recruitment goes down.

Due to the President's "Stand down and stand by" comments, their recruitment's got a shot in the arm, so gay folks have started jamming their comms

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
This is an Anti-Proud Boy specific op. Like how the Kpop folks signed up for all those Trump rally tickets.

See, the Proud Boys rely on their rep of being tough alpha dudes who don't eat certain beans because it'll make them femme. Anytime they start losing street fights to soy-eating, gender neutral anarchists their recruitment goes down.

Due to the President's "Stand down and stand by" comments, their recruitment's got a shot in the arm, so gay folks have started jamming their comms
But what's it going to do besides create a few amusing headlines on Vox and Jezebel? A first page of Google search shows what's going on here, if the bragging about it online isn't giving the game away. Are they trying to trick someone attempting to join a right-wing militia into going gay instead? Or when Trump calls for the Proud Boys to shut down voting sites, are the actual militia gonna think he's talking to the gays? Someone looking to buy an AR-15 with a bumper stock accidently stumbles into a penis and votes for Biden?

Yeah clogging the Twitter sphere and Reddit with gay couples. Cute. That's not how the Proud Boys, or any right-wing militia actually organize. They're not on Twitter posting "This Friday meet at the range to practice shooting AOC in the spine, don't tell the gays #ProudBoys" and boy howdy did those gays find out and spam pictures of their vacation of Hawaii.

This isn't a culture war like Edward vs Jacob, this is an actual war with one side martialing and organizing for active combat, and the other side dunking on them for saying they have a queer name. Pretty sure I know who wins when the shooting starts.

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
Reactions: Worgen and BrawlMan

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
But what's it going to do besides create a few amusing headlines on Vox and Jezebel? A first page of Google search shows what's going on here, if the bragging about it online isn't giving the game away. Are they trying to trick someone attempting to join a right-wing militia into going gay instead? Or when Trump calls for the Proud Boys to shut down voting sites, are the actual militia gonna think he's talking to the gays? Someone looking to buy an AR-15 with a bumper stock accidently stumbles into a penis and votes for Biden?

Yeah clogging the Twitter sphere and Reddit with gay couples. Cute. That's not how the Proud Boys, or any right-wing militia actually organize. They're not on Twitter posting "This Friday meet at the range to practice shooting AOC in the spine, don't tell the gays #ProudBoys" and boy howdy did those gays find out and spam pictures of their vacation of Hawaii.

This isn't a culture war like Edward vs Jacob, this is an actual war with one side martialing and organizing for active combat, and the other side dunking on them for saying they have a queer name. Pretty sure I know who wins when the shooting starts.
If they take back the word association, they may force them to change their name when everyone relates the term to gay pride parade instead of their group due to it hurting their recruitment. Overall though it doesn't really stop the hate movement though, just irritates the people making these groups is about it.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
If they take back the word association, they may force them to change their name when everyone relates the term to gay pride parade instead of their group due to it hurting their recruitment. Overall though it doesn't really stop the hate movement though, just irritates the people making these groups is about it.
So its like I said in my first post. We're bringing a gay hashtag to a gun fight.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
So its like I said in my first post. We're bringing a gay hashtag to a gun fight.
They aren't trying to fight them though.. this is more like on Braveheart when they lifted their kilts and showed them their junk instead.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
They aren't trying to fight them though.. this is more like on Braveheart when they lifted their kilts and showed them their junk instead.
I'm just not getting it. Why is it a big deal? Why is it all over Reddit, and why is anyone acting like something, even a minor victory, is happening?
Who cares about word association? Look at what a gay hashtag did to Rick Santorum, and his desire to get more conservatives on the Supreme Court. Santorum now means frothing butt juice...and there are 3 more conservatives on the Supreme Court.

This just feels like one of those 'doing something without actually having to do something' movements that are more designed to make the participants feels good and well proud, rather than actually stop the guys with guns who are preparing to overthrow the election in 4 weeks.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
I'm just not getting it. Why is it a big deal? Why is it all over Reddit, and why is anyone acting like something, even a minor victory, is happening?
Who cares about word association? Look at what a gay hashtag did to Rick Santorum, and his desire to get more conservatives on the Supreme Court. Santorum now means frothing butt juice...and there are 3 more conservatives on the Supreme Court.

This just feels like one of those 'doing something without actually having to do something' movements that are more designed to make the participants feels good and well proud, rather than actually stop the guys with guns who are preparing to overthrow the election in 4 weeks.
It is just " taunting" that is all. That is the entire point. People think taunting is funny. It really isn't a " movement' , it is just them reclaiming a name that was originally part of the gay community to begin with that some bigots chose to use so they are making sure everyone knows what it means in their community.

That doesn't mean they think anything else is not serious. Conflating the two is like saying people can't enjoy a rooster being smacked in the head by a cat because Trump is making people homeless,. It isn't meant to address that in the first place. The two are not really related. People can both be angry about what else is happening and still taunt them with scantily clad men in high heels. One does not take away from the other. This isn't " the fight", the two are not one in the same.

Reactions: BrawlMan

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Liberals doing #resist in the face of their existential dread instead of taking action? Perish the thought.

Reactions: Cheetodust

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
Liberals doing #resist in the face of their existential dread instead of taking action? Perish the thought.
Everyone doing it in the first place isn't even liberal. There are PLENTY of conservative and moderate gays btw. Some are absurdly religious...
Hell there are plenty of sexist, racist gays. Some of the people in the photos they were posting under the hashtag were notoriously conservative.

It is silly to think that it means anything other than it does. That has nothing to do with " fighting" they are just taking back a term that was used by their community first for ages. You guys are reading more into than there is.

What ACTION are you taking btw? I see you complain no matter what anyone else does, so what are you doing to stop it yourself?

* Perish the thought you actually do something to solve any of the problems yourself rather than complain about anything and everything everyone else does.*
See how that works?

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

If you think that the left *isn't* organizing for defense, I dunno what to tell you. This is just a thing that takes minimal effort and that's got people laughing at fascists.

Fascists being mocked literally suppresses fascist recruitment.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'd like to think it's a moment of levity from people who aren't able to do anything particularly useful, but yeah, people like thinking that this sort of thing will matter. Possibly to make the doers feel good about themselves, or then again possibly because they are legitimately scared of the Proud Boys et al (and not without reason) and want to convince themselves the threat has been reduced.

Reactions: lil devils x