Gay community reclaims "Proud Boys"

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Good point. Might as well fall into despair then, that'll help
We keep fighting. That is all that matters. If you want fall into Junko's despair. You go right ahead and fucking do it. I am not quitting.
Its not about giving into despair. Its about not giving into hope and whatever sense of accomplishment this little meme is supposed to give. Now is not the time to think things are going well, or that they'll turn out well.
These Proud Boys are not running to the hills to prove they don't suck dick. They're buying up ammo, and guns and scoping out polling stations and the houses of Democrats.
I'm not giving into despair, I'm trying to remind people not to give into this meme.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Its not about giving into despair. Its about not giving into hope and whatever sense of accomplishment this little meme is supposed to give. Now is not the time to think things are going well, or that they'll turn out well.
These Proud Boys are not running to the hills to prove they don't suck dick. They're buying up ammo, and guns and scoping out polling stations and the houses of Democrats.
I'm not giving into despair, I'm trying to remind people not to give into this meme.
Who said I was given into a meme? Meme or no meme, I'm going to keep fighting regardless. I get it dude. Don't let it fully distract you. No shit!

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Who said I was given into a meme? Meme or no meme, I'm going to keep fighting regardless. I get it dude. Don't let it fully distract you. No shit!
No Im saying don't let yourself think its distracting them. Don't think the Proud Boys give even a whisper of a ghost of a shadow of a breathe of two shits about a twitter hashtag about gay bros.
The whole exercise is an expression of owning a group of people who cannot be owned and are not listening.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Of course, if there's one thing I know about tight-knit "brotherhoods" it's that they're full of homoeroticism and some of them are going to take that close masculine bonding to the next level. For instance, the Nazi SS had quite a lot of homosexual activity which, for all the Nazi leadership's ferocious rhetoric of annihilating homosexuality, was broadly tolerated.
Are you sure you're not thinking of the S.A.?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No Im saying don't let yourself think its distracting them. Don't think the Proud Boys give even a whisper of a ghost of a shadow of a breathe of two shits about a twitter hashtag about gay bros.
The whole exercise is an expression of owning a group of people who cannot be owned and are not listening.
Good for them. I don't care. Some of them are, and some of them are not. Their problem, not mine. I'm still going to keep fighting.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Good for them. I don't care. Some of them are, and some of them are not. Their problem, not mine. I'm still going to keep fighting.
Calling anything one does on twitter "fighting" seems a little exaggerated.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Kansas City Chiefs I imagine. No human being should live in Missouri though.
If that's the case, nah; the Chiefs name is fine and their logo is inoffensive. Though in saying that, I'm sure there are those who could find a reason to bunchify their panties...

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Are you sure you're not thinking of the S.A.?
No, the SA was run by an actual homosexual, before the Nazis had a huge downer for it.

The Nazis were relatively late into ferocious homophobia. They found out to their dismay (and they were warned by psychologists) that the army and the SS, with their idealised sense of brotherhood and the lack of women, resulted in homosexual activities. They furiously denounced it publicly and would take strong action against anal penetration, but in practice just about anything short of that was met with mild disapproval.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
A large number of them though, are pathologically afraid of being associated with it at all.

People can freak out or rant about things that they do themselves. Hell, I bet they are all hot and bothered by dangerous subversive types threatening the US constitution or democracy or whatnot, or perhaps being violent.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

People can freak out or rant about things that they do themselves. Hell, I bet they are all hot and bothered by dangerous subversive types threatening the US constitution or democracy or whatnot, or perhaps being violent.
If anything it is targeting their recruiting, and their " image". If some bigot looking for a a hate group to join thinks of gay pride parades when they hear the words and decides to join someone else, then mission accomplished.