Gay community reclaims "Proud Boys"

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If some bigot looking for a a hate group to join thinks of gay pride parades when they hear the words and decides to join someone else, then mission accomplished.
I'm like 90% sure you didn't mean other far right groups should post gay stuff linked to the Proud Boys to poach their recruits, but...

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
I'm like 90% sure you didn't mean other far right groups should post gay stuff linked to the Proud Boys to poach their recruits, but...
Them being in one that isn't actually out attacking people would is still less than ideal than not being in one at all, but at least in that would be one less person being physically attacked by these jerks?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
snip

People can freak out or rant about things that they do themselves. Hell, I bet they are all hot and bothered by dangerous subversive types threatening the US constitution or democracy or whatnot, or perhaps being violent.
Pretty much yeah. I mean I remember as a...shit how old was I ? pre-teen? Early teens (like 12-14 or so I think), me and some friends were in a pool swimming around, and somehow the topic of jerking off came up. And one of the guys, I'm not sure if he really did it, or was just joking, but went to the corner of the pool and said he was jerking off. This is the same guy, who at a later time (a few years later), accused me of being a "fucking ******" because he saw a red spot on my earlobe that he assumed was a piercing (because you know, that old stupid thing about having a piercing in one ear only, indicates gayness). Now later on I would pierce my ears, but at that time, I had not done it yet. It was probably a pimple, or a scab from a pimple, I had terrible acne back then, still do get pimples on my ears sometimes. And regardless of me clearly stating it's not a piercing man, he violently refuted my defense, repeating my status as a fucking ******, and proceeded to swim away from me like I was radioactive.

So they don't really engage in rational thought a lot of the time, especially when it comes to this topic. So yes, the idea that someone might spot them on their phone, checking a proud boys link, and instead of getting their call to action bullshit, and pinup shots of assault rifles, but instead they accidentally see pictures from actual gay guys giving them a social media middle finger. And someone seeing that and giving them shit for being a "fucking ******", or at least the fear of them being seen like that. I can totally see that happening.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So they don't really engage in rational thought a lot of the time, especially when it comes to this topic. So yes, the idea that someone might spot them on their phone, checking a proud boys link, and instead of getting their call to action bullshit, and pinup shots of assault rifles, but instead they accidentally see pictures from actual gay guys giving them a social media middle finger. And someone seeing that and giving them shit for being a "fucking ******", or at least the fear of them being seen like that. I can totally see that happening.
Ok, yeah, hadn't thought of it like that, I agree that that could totally happen.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
What I've learned from this thread is that some people care way too much about how other people even think about gestures like this

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
This is a good laugh light hearted and puts a smile on my face. The people saying this is not solving anything well one people can focus on more than one thing that seems to be a hard concept to grasp. Plus it is just funny and they brought it on themselves.

I guess only those of us in the relevant states know about this then.

Not since I learn how people in Michigan find their cities by pointing to certain parts of their thumb and palm have seen this level of creativity. The technique to spell Mississippi easy is still my favorite.