Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Someone should tell them that Alan Turing, the father of computer science, was gay, so that they might stop using computers.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
If homophobes are going to boycott Oreos, then there's more Oreos for the rest of us! om nom nom nom.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Hmmm... In ancient Greece, before Christianity, it was actually revered for men to sleep with men... women were for childbaring and men were for fun...

Surprise surprise it's the brainwashed yanks who are kicking up a fuss that their favourite Biscuit company supports the people they are scared of... Is this expected? Yes. It it surprising? No. Do I care? Not in the slightest! :/

Aug 25, 2009
Hiname said:
"MOMMY~~ Can we get some Oreos please?"
"NO."
"Why not?"
"They support gays and are evil!"
"So gays and evil tastes awsome and goes good with milk?"

Yup, good luck with that folks.
Gay does go well with milk. I should know.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I've already lodged my support for this campaign. What with being the awesome heterosexual-biromantic male that I am I have to support stuff like this.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Oooh man that gay rights look so fucking delicious...

I don't understand people who hate gays, it just doesnt make sense!
If god told them to kill their family would th-
ah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binding_of_Isaac
DAMMIT

[small]Yeah I know he then says lol jks but shut up [/small]

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
Easton Dark said:
Mr Cwtchy said:
That is the tastiest looking bit of 'controversy' I've ever seen.
Solo-Wing said:
And I want that giant rainbow Oreo. Looks delicious.
Absimilliard said:
My first thought was "that looks delicious"
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Looks like a good cookie too :3
Issurru said:
Do want! That cookie looks delicious and that it could kill someone if thrown at them :p
You are all insane for wanting to eat that. It's the fucking Godzilla of oreos!
Hey, if anyone had offered me "the Godzilla of Oreos", I'd say "yes please" in a heartbeat...

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
VMK said:
1. They are not showing support for gays. They just want to show, that they are a good company, that supports everyone, etc.=>more income;
2. Gays do not need support and protection, at least of this kind. The less "protection" and "support" campaigns and "gay pride" parades there is, the lesser ammount of provoked conservatives there is, which leads to decrease of ammount of homosexuals, who died from head trauma.
Obviously the less you talk about wanting equal rights, the more likely it is the opposition will give it to you out of the kindness of their giant heart!

Or not...

Captcha: Easy as cake.

Even the captcha getting in on this.
I am not saying that there should not be ANY kind of protection. Protection by law is more then needed. BUT! If you will continue provoking rednecks with parades, where two guys wear skimpy outfits and hug each other, then those legal acts will simply have no effect. I am not saying that there should not be any talking about equal rights and I really do believe that every human being should be treated equaly no matter the gender, religious believes, etc. (exept for nazies, fascists and agressive morons, obviously), but going overboard is also unnecesary and, most of the time, hurtful.
IMHO, the best way to do it is to include gay characters in TV-series, movies, etc. But they should not act like "Hiiiiii!! ^_^ You know sugar, this purse is simply fabulous". Rather, they should be more like comedian (sorry, forgot his name) from "V for Vendetta" movie.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Threeseventyfive said:
I can't wait until Westboro Baptist gets word of this

Imagine it, giant cardboard signs everywhere reading "GOD HATES OREOS!" It'll be hilarious.
Well played, good sir.

I'm more curious about how such a cookie would actually be flavored.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
Cpu46 said:
I shall take this moment to dispense to you the recipe for the best Oreo containing treat ever (aside from plain oreo and milk obviously).

Get one 9x13 cooking pan (US units)
Get a ton of chocolate chip cookie dough (2 of those premade cookie dough rolls should do)
One box of Oreos (You will use most of the box, no snacking!)
one bowl of brownie batter (really any kind will do)

Spread the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan and cover the dough with the Oreo. Like I said before, most of the box will fit in there. Pour the brownie batter on top, evenly coating the cookies. Bake at 450 degrees fahrenheit for 30 to 45 minutes. The brownie batter should be cooked on the outside but still liquid inside (Like a chocolate syrup).

Serve hot or cold. Either is delicious, cold is just less of a mess since the temperature drop causes the brownie goo to congeal.
thats weird, i was just at a party on saturday where that delicious treat was provided.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Firstly, Oreos are not a cookie they're a damn biscuit!

Secondly, kill all the haters before they lay eggs.

Thirdly, It's great to see such a massive company as Kraft Foods(Yuck - get the fuck away from my Cadburys!)support something like this. I really, really hope it wasn't for the whole, "All publicity is good publicity" especially on something which seems to be so controversial.

Cody Holden

May 4, 2011
Sylveria said:
And I'm sure all these gay-bashers will never buy a Kraft product again.. Ha.

And, as usual, Those good Christians spreading hate, fear, intolerance, and inciting violence. Truly it is a religion of love and peace.
As a sane Christian... I'm sorry. We wish we could get rid of them, honest. But you can't really kick people out of a religion based on love, peace, and forgiveness. It's kind of a trap we put ourselves in.

I wish atheists were as militant as certain media wants us to believe they are :/ We'd be able to get back down to just the 90% of religious folk who are actually decent people.

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
First of all, the headline of this article is the most random I have ever seen.

Secondly, oh no, Christian Conservatives are outraged because people are standing up for teh gays.
What else is new?

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
Fuck the Haters, fuck the small minded individuals, screw every negative asshole who says it's wrong or unnatural.....so help me god.....I am going to find a way to make that cookie. j/k

OT. Petty bullshit from petty people about something that isn't actually a big deal, aside from that cookie not actually existing DX.....it's not like they can boycott craft forever, especially when your screaming child wants his grilled cheese sandwich and you reach for the Kraft Singles.....or they spit the store brand imitation Oreos back in your face. Try explaining to your child your reasons for not buying their favorite foods and you will probably be met with a very curt, very acute reply of "That's stupid" or a temper tantrum, my god i hope i get to hear some good ones in the store this week as thousands of kids have meltdowns at their stupid parents....

It will be the soundtrack to my dreams.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
I'm not gonna get into the gay rights argument AGAIN here. Instead, I'm gonna point out a different aspect of this matter. What I see here is a company trying to use a political issue to push their product and win over a customer base by saying they support their politics. Really, I think it's kind of tacky and a cheap marketing ploy. What's more is they don't even need to do this; lots of people like Oreos. If anything, taking political sides is going to risk alienating potential and existing customers because they don't want to have to deal with the "guilt by association" some people tend to toss around that would result from buying a given product. I guess you could argue that shows Kraft supports gay civil rights enough to risk losing customers...but for all my optimistic tendencies, I have enough balancing cynicism to say that for most corporations, the bottom line to them is profits and the only religion they concern themselves with is the worship of The Almighty Dollar. I really do think that in the end, this is little more than an ill-planned marketing ploy attempting to cash in on political and social tension by creating artificial customer loyalty not through a good product, but through backing a political platform. I suspect this will go down in history alongside ideas like changing the flavor of Coca-Cola and the McDonalds Hula Burger.

Oh, and for those wondering if I'll keep buying Oreos myself...I tend to buy generic brands anyway; same general taste, and almost always less expensive.

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
Hm, cows fo "Moo", Dogs go "Woof!" and overzealous christians go "You're Ruining our christian values!".

Not to sound like an insensetive prick, but it's not exactly easy to ever feel sympathetic for the part that openly wishes death upon their fellow man (, but that's not to say that I ever had any sympathy for overreligious nutjobs.)
The words "Thou shalt not kill" comes to mind (or however it went), which makes me wonder how little these "christians" really care about their own religion, when some of these people in particular just seem to be using their religion as a shield while they actively spread hatred and ignorance, all while making the more sensible christians look worse (to some people, at least).

It could be argued that the ad deliberately provoked the extremists to generate more publicity, but if the people who are against homosexuals weren't so goddamn petty about other peoples' sexual orientations, there would never have been the need to make a support-ad to begin with.
But even then you'd have to be pretty cynical to think that an ad that is trying to support equality among people doesn't have ANY good intentions behind it.