GDC 2009: Video Games Live

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Video Games Live

An interview with Tommy Tallarico about Video Games Live, an interactive symphony of video game music.

Watch Video

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
You know, I've never been that fond of Western VGM, I always feel like every Western composer of instrumental music is trying to be the next John Williams. However, I like Tommy Tallarico for all the effort he's put in to making Video Games Live which really does a lot of things right in getting people more interested in video games and video game music. Congrats to him on the project's success, he's earned it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Always wanted to go to a Video Games Live show. May have to make a special effort to catch it at E3.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Hmmm... I don't know about VGL. I've always found that PLAY! always had a little something more...

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I caught the first show VGL did in Toronto. (Massey Hall, woo!) It's worth going to; it's astonishing how much impact the music can have when heard in-person with a group of fellow-fans. Lots of fun... though I missed the last one (and a chance to see Marty O'Donnell!) I'd love to attend the next.

-- Steve

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Always wanted to go to a Video Games Live show. May have to make a special effort to catch it at E3.
I'd love to take you, Susan! Tell you what, you fly me from Australia and I'll get you a ticket to VGL. I'll even buy you dinner first! ;)

METC

Mar 21, 2009
Went to the Wolf Trap show last Friday, and it was amazing! No one has experienced a truly good symphonic performance before you see this show.