Gearbox: Duke Nukem is "Not a Chris Brown Kind of Character"

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Mouse_Crouse said:
lwm3398 said:
Add "racist" to the list of things this video game might now be called. Calling Chris Brown an asshole is the exact opposite of a good move at this point.
Are you forgetting the picture of Rhianna after the incident? I'm pretty sure that description fits perfectly. Black or White.
which picture? the real one or the one in the news and tabloids that were photoshopped to look several times worse? i saw both dude.

Charmi the ninja

May 28, 2011
Lol. Hugh Hefner? Duke is an american Austin Powers on steroids. And Capture the babe is no where near as offensive as I thought it would be.

And you're right. Gearbox should focus more on fixing the damn game. Pc and console versions.
Agreed - Console version is terrible. Pc is a lot better, but the game still lacks too many elements to compete with other games in the same genre.

It would make me really happy if gearbox brings out a huge update that fixes the textures(and the way they load), expands single player story mode and current maps, adds more enemies all over the place, increases weapon limit, allows you to save your own games!, and improves enemy ai. And it better be free. But I doubt they?d spend any more time and money on this project. (Hope they prove me wrong)

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I'm not a big fan of Duke but even I can recognize the difference between someone who is hedonistic and egomaniacal and someone who is a male chauvinist and abuser.

Gindil said:
Okay, seriously?

Why is everyone against Hugh Hefner?
I'm guessing it's the silly robe.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Hungry Donner said:
I'm not a big fan of Duke but even I can recognize the difference between someone who is hedonistic and egomaniacal and someone who is a male chauvinist and abuser.

Gindil said:
Okay, seriously?

Why is everyone against Hugh Hefner?
I'm guessing it's the silly robe.
But it's a pimp robe!

Apr 16, 2008
I dont know about Duke Himself, but the writers of this game have some pretty weird fetishes. Many of them involving Tentacles...

...Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)