Gearbox Forces Claptrap to Help Man Propose

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Gearbox Forces Claptrap to Help Man Propose

With a little poking and prodding, even Claptrap from Borderlands will help a man propose to his significant other.

For a robot, Borderlands [http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Game-Year-Pc/dp/B0042WXQ62/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1303661143&sr=1-2]' Claptrap is kind of a pervert. That's why it took Gearbox a week to get the little guy to help a hardcore Borderlands player propose to his hardcore Borderlands playing girlfriend.

A Gearbox fan named Ben once wrote to the company explaining how Borderlands brought he and his girlfriend Tora together. After nervously explaining to Tora that he liked to play those "things" called "videogames," Tora evidently replied: "I love Borderlands! Let's play!"

Ben says that co-op play of Borderlands "easily made that awkward starting out stage of any relationship go extremely smooth." The duo played through the entire campaign multiple times, including DLC. When it came time for him to propose, Ben wrote to Gearbox again, hoping it might give him a little help from Claptrap.

And that's exactly what Gearbox did, resulting in this video. After Claptrap tries to make Tora believe Ben has Herpes, the robot gives it his best effort to get the message across that Ben wants to marry her. It's the most touching marriage proposal I've ever seen that also involves a line about a sexual position related to a mutated dog. Tora's answer isn't yet known, but unless she has a thing for robots, she probably said yes.

*Update* Tora said yes.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/#!5795066/claptrap-has-a-proposal-for-you-tora]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
SKAGGY STYLE.

Also, love the "SAY NO!" sign.

Love how Darryl hits on her.

Saw this earlier this morning. This makes me wish Borderlands had a pervy Claptrap.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I wish my boyfriend would force a game company to do something like this for me. That's so awesome! Super funny! :)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
lol, ok thats pretty awesome, I suppose I have to make some minor revisions to my opinion of gearbox, they still do crappy pc ports but they are also pretty awesome I suppose

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Heh, that's actually pretty awesome! Good on Gearbox for doing that for them. And good luck to Ben and Tora!

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
Familiar voice 0.o
Wouldn't happen to be Anthony would it?
Ionno, maybe I'm imagining things...

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
I loled, "Skaggy style" and "Robots can't contract STDs." Best of luck to Ben and Tora. Hope she said yes, getting a claptrap to do such a thing isn't easy as shown here.
Alluos said:
Familiar voice 0.o
Wouldn't happen to be Anthony would it?
Ionno, maybe I'm imagining things...
I had the same feelings. Would Mikey know?

QuadrAlien

Mar 20, 2008
Update's out - despite Claptrap's best efforts, the answer was a Yes. :p

http://kotaku.com/#!5795148/when-your-favorite-game-is-proposing-marriage-the-answer-is-yes