Gearbox Wants Female Duke Nukem Game

siahsargus

Jul 28, 2010
If Duke was a woman, I don't think anyone would say that it was sexist. I wonder what the general reaction would be is Duke was gay?

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
A negative stereotypical male (ie Duke) is an odd parody of the action hero.

A negative stereotypical female does what exactly? Stay at home doing the dishes? Or, like you say, getting men to do her work for her?

Out of both of these characters, only one gender is being abused here... so I don't think it'd be a very good idea to try and expand on this, especially as the people doing so are male. If an all female company decide that they want to explore this territory, they're free to.

Crystalite

Apr 2, 2010
Well, there are two ways this could turn out.
Either you make the "duchess" extremely maskuline herself, or extremely feminin in contrast.
Only that the feminin one could not do what the duke does, simply because the "feminin woman" could not carry what counts as an attractive man over her shoulder now, could she?

But anyway, if the duke where female, noone would be complaining about sexism, they would be complaining about over-sexualization.
It just goes to show.

But if you take the personalitytraits that are counted above, and look for female counterparts, quite a few come to mind. Lara Croft, anyone?
And yes, Bayonetta of course.
She is so out of gum.

Keirgo

Mar 19, 2010
ShenCS said:
cainx10a said:
Ain't Bayonetta the female Duke Nukem? :p
She's the female Dante. Although I suppose Dante could be called the Japanese Nukem. Hmm... That would be one HELL of a crossover game.
Damn, nw I've got Duke, Bayonetta, Dante and Deadpool running around in my head.

This has always been kind of a tricky matter, in the same way that some nations cry 'racist' when their stereotypes crop up and the various factions of Britain will just wet themselves at there's.

Thinking on a 'Daisy Nukem' I can't help but think of every treasure obsessed female to appear in works of fantasy and how popular they tend to be. Do people just love a witty hedonist? Maybe if there was a Daisy Nukem game they could mitigate potential fire by having her have a poster with Duke on it labled 'wussy' to show the mad intentions?

zenmetzger

Mar 31, 2011
The closest thing to Female Duke Nukem...let me think... self aware mockery of teen fantasies thriving on controversy and catering to the lowest common denominator...

...Paris Hilton?

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
Spoilered image
Just stick to the first 3 episodes of black lagoon, she actually some character up later on.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
A female Duke would be like a Brawn Hilda type. Fucking enormous and speaking with a husky accent.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
Assuming its gonna be another fps, I wonder what her name will be... Jill Killem? Maria Murderem? Katie Krushem? Rose Bulldozem?

sopherera

Jan 16, 2011
Duke Nukem Forever is clearly srs bsns. Who actually cares? I bet the mother who clearly has her knickers in a twist over the thought of her son looking at some pixelated boobies probably gets up to some pretty sordid shit in the bedroom. Some people need to recognise self parody, it's not like it couldn't be any more blatant.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
IamQ said:
So if Duke Nukem is an overy masculine person, will the female constrast, be extremly feminine?
So giant.... eyes? And impossible proportions?

Hopefully the oneliners would stay.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Gearbox Wants Female Duke Nukem Game

"Daisy Nukem, if you will, would likely be completely different than her male counterpart. While the stereotypical male wants to get right into the action and kick some ass, the stereotypical female might have a stable of beefcakes do her fighting for her, until they all get wiped out and she has to step in to kick some real ass."

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/290029/interviews/duke-nukem-forever-feminism-fellatio-and-the-funnies/]

I can't be the only person who was imagining Pikmin with a heavily armoured lady and Chipindales dancers doing the fighting. no? just me?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
cainx10a said:
Ain't Bayonetta the female Duke Nukem? :p
No, cooking mama is.
You're both wrong. Duchess Nukem is the Female Duke Nukem, duh.

OT: A Duchess Nukem Game might actually be fun, but I wouldn't buy either. I am just not a fan of the Nukem games.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Geez haven't they heard of rule 63 (no not rule 34) which is pretty much turn a character into the oppersite gender. There bound to be a rule 63 Duke Nukem somewhere out there.