Geek-off

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
For me, probably my collection of Warhammer stuff in varying degrees of completion, DnD books and Pokemon obsession.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm a massive resident evil fan and just games in general.

My dvd collection, is mostly anime.

I enjoy looking up random facts.

Also today, my nine year old brother asked me what shows, did I watch when I was his age. He was already into pokemon, so no point in telling him that. But what I did tell him is that I loved digimon.

So I went to the internet and sure enough found the episodes, I couldn't be bothered to get up of the chair, so he brought another chair around to the computer table and I sat and watched over 12 episodes of digimon with him.

I forgot how awesome the series is.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
chunkydude84 said:
Logic 0 said:
Well it's bascally finding the value of the letters first then acting like it's a normal equation.
It sounds simple enough, until I try to solve an equation. My brain pretty much does the equivalent of a pigeon slamming into a sliding glass door repeatedly.
Mabye your just not a algerba kind of guy.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I read a lot of webcomics(no real comics), I like Warhammer 40k, I play alot of video games, I post on this site, and I don't have many RL friends.

Mar451

Nov 25, 2009
I watch anime, i went to every midnight release for Harry Potter book and movies, i have over 900 novels in my room, over 1200 DVDs.

I was reading at a college level in 5th grade and I correct my teachers more often then they correct me

Also im posting how geeky i am on a forum on site for gamers...thats geeky enough for us all

Raven-Loveless

Mar 4, 2010
Out of my group of friends I am the only one that will pay over 30 dollars to get the Legend of Zelda game I wanted.

I do have a Naruto collection going, even though most people hate the anime, you have to admit that the world and idea of Naruto is pretty neat.

Also, one of my friends and I like to go to anime conventions when we can (and yes we do dress up).

DeleteThisPlease

Mar 26, 2010
Where to begin?
I was a OG (Origional Gamer) and was practicly playing games from the time I left the womb. I want to make videogames for a living. I'm a storywriter. I'm a major Roleplayer, F and T, I speak Na'vi and know some basic Kligon, I kinda speak Huttese, I'm a Jedi, I've cosplayed as Harry Potter, Solid Snake, I own two pairs of cat ears, two cat tails (clip on to your pants type), one pair of fox ears and fox tail with a matching coller (a semi-joke gift from one of my bro's because of a particular girlfriend of mine...), I often am heard quoting game lines, I'm a member of the Escapist (Fourth Wall breaking fun!)...

The list just kinda goes on and on and on and on...

magicman4443

Mar 25, 2010
Seeing all these things that make other people geeky just makes me feel so much better. Maybe I'm not alone in the world.... my Bioshock collection has a place somewhere, as do my Magic cards.:)

magicman4443

Mar 25, 2010
On another note, me and two friends have been simulating a fight against three Klingon war ships through Google Buzz. And we're winning.;)

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I'm freakishly intelligent, play video games, and consider the tax code to be interesting bedside reading, but I do not identify as a geek or nerd.

I don't wear game- or anime-themed T-shirts, I majored in business and not math or computer science, and my attraction to geeky girls is rooted solely in the fact that I love intelligent women and the smart girls tend to be a bit on the geeky side. And one of my friends is far nerdier than I---and I ridicule him constantly because he's 21 and has never even so much as been kissed by a girl. I tell him he'll be Steve Carell when he's 40.

Triggerhappy938

Dec 10, 2007
This game, eh? The Arkansan Geek-of-all-trades accepts your challenge!

I am a proud member and officer in my local chapter of the Society for Creative Anachronism.

I am an accomplished tabletop gamer. Before graduating high school, I had become to go-to guy for all things D&D related, to the point of getting random strangers approaching me asking for tutelage in this "D&D" game everyone had suddenly started playing. During this period we had a game last for 90 hours straight.

My anime list, to save breath on that topic. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Triggerhappy938

Also, I skipped my high school graduation for A-Kon 2005.

I've been gaming since my I inherited my brother's old Atari. Games like Roadwar: Europa, Joust, and the like were my starting ground.

In my day, I was a competitive Yu-Gi-Oh player in my area. I've gotten a bit out of practice now-a-days. I also used to play Magic, but not nearly as competitively. Did get to beat Richard Garfield once in a game of Magic once, when the world championship was held in Memphis. I also had a short stint in Pokemon cards. Found it a bit unsporting.

Played in regular MechWarrior and MageKnight tournaments.

My video game collection stretches from wall to wall, including games from the SNES to the XBOX 360.

I was the head lights tech in my high school stagecraft class.

I write for and help publish my college's literary journal.

I blog.

I spent my high school prom playing counterstrike with friends.

I spend free time discussing literary theories with regards to popular media, anime, and the like.

I spend WAY too much time on TvTropes.

I organized a Maple Story CCG tournament which ran unsanctioned for 6 months before the group broke up. [I really liked that game]

I've LARPed.

I've written fan fiction. No, you cannot read it.

I've read the complete Sherlock Holmes and the complete Hitchhiker's Guide.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there is more, but I'm tired right now.

magicman4443

Mar 25, 2010
Triggerhappy938 said:
This game, eh? The Arkansan Geek-of-all-trades accepts your challenge!

I've been gaming since my I inherited my brother's old Atari. Games like Roadwar: Europa, Joust, and the like were my starting ground.

In my day, I was a competitive Yu-Gi-Oh player in my area. I've gotten a bit out of practice now-a-days. I also used to play Magic, but not nearly as competitively. Did get to beat Richard Garfield once in a game of Magic once, when the world championship was held in Memphis. I also had a short stint in Pokemon cards. Found it a bit unsporting.

My video game collection stretches from wall to wall, including games from the SNES to the XBOX 360.

I spent my high school prom playing counterstrike with friends.

I've read the complete Sherlock Holmes and the complete Hitchhiker's Guide.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there is more, but I'm tired right now.
That's a pretty impressive list. I'm only in high school, so I have many years to come to geek out in.

My earliest system was the GB, when I was like 6-7, and my first game was Quest for Camelot. Been gaming ever since.

I still play Magic right now, not competetively, but I go to pre-releases and such. I also played yu-gi-oh quite a lot.

My game collection doesn't stretch wall to wall, but I have almost ever Nintendo system from NES to Wii, except one or two more unknown systems.

My friends and I plan to spend our prom having a LAN party.

I want to read Sherlock Holmes, but I've been reading Terry Pratchett instead. I've also read all the hitchhikers books. (except the newest one, but that one's not that good.)

Triggerhappy938

Dec 10, 2007
I'm still working on Pratchett's works. I got a late start on them, admittedly. I just picked up Good Omens. I've set up a life insurance policy in case I explode from the combined awesome of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

magicman4443

Mar 25, 2010
Triggerhappy938 said:
I'm still working on Pratchett's works. I got a late start on them, admittedly. I just picked up Good Omens. I've set up a life insurance policy in case I explode from the combined awesome of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
In truth, I haven't had much time to read them lately, but I've read through at least 10 of them, and have another 20 sitting on my book shelf.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well the other day I managed to work in a back to the future reference in a presentation on geothermal energy for Geography and was still applauded for its quality.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
I have a Brotherhood of Steel action figure and gaming posters all over my bedroom walls.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I can quote Futurama like nobody's business, I have a massive comic collection, and own a Stargate Replica Mirror.

That's about it.