Geek-off

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Heck yes I liked school! I stayed an extra year of high school because I wanted to, for two reasons: one, I was in the music program, which I loved with every fiber of my being, and I wasn't ready to give up my Clarinet yet. Two, I got a shitty mark in grade 12 English (not a fail, just one that I wasn't pleased with), so I took the extra year to take the course over.

Errr... I used to write myself those 100-question multiplication drill sheets. I loved those.

I don't know if I'm quite as nerdy as some, but whatever :D

Silver_Shade

Mar 3, 2010
Triggerhappy938 said:
I'm still working on Pratchett's works. I got a late start on them, admittedly. I just picked up Good Omens. I've set up a life insurance policy in case I explode from the combined awesome of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
Good Omens is so amazing that it transcends this plane of existence.

OT: Looking around right now, I have a poster of Batman, a poster from Fight Club, and a calender about Arthurian tales hanging on my walls.

- All of my friends are nerds, yet I remain the go-to person for information on most geek-culture subjects. Especially webcomics. I'm also well-versed in Literature and mythology (mostly Greek and Roman, but I'm working on Norse and Egyptian).

- My most nerdy superpowers are probably having the Dragon Age Wiki memorized and being a human GPS for travel through Azeroth(This was more impressive before all the doodads that find things for you, but still).

- Oh, and I own Batarangs. Why yes, I am a Batman fan.

I'm a literature/history/mythology nerd with a love for RPGs more than a real gaming geek.

If you wanted me to list ALL the things that make me nerdy, it would consist of my entire autobiography. I blame genetics.

Klarinette said:
I don't know if I'm quite as nerdy as some, but whatever :D
Lol, you're definitely nerdy, we're just nerdy in different ways. Don't worry, we're all mad here.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I'm in Computing Science at my school... Nuff said... But I'll say more:

I game a shit-ton in my free time.
I feel like I'm wasting my time writing English essays when I could be learning C++.
I have a website.
I have a shirt with "Pi" on it.
I listen to Viking Metal. That's pretty geeky.
I want swords and guns to defend against whatever event causes the world to fall into anarchy.

Other than that, I'm quite normal. I listen to normal stuff, do normal things, look normal. I don't look nerdy, I think. I try not to anyways.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
magicman4443 said:
chunkydude84 said:
Rocking this shirt every chance I get.
That shirt is sick, where'd you get it?
I've always wanted to get shirts like that, but I can never seem to find them.
I recommend going to split-reason.com. It has games clothing, and some Escapist clothing too. I bought two ZP t-shirts there and a t-shirt with an 360 achievement that says "Achievement unlocked. Left the house."

RavenTT

Aug 13, 2009
I own a model of the Enterprise NCC-1701D from Star Trek: The Next Generation ^_^ and I think science is awesome

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Im don't just collect an Wathammer 40k army, im also converting them to look more like the characters from metro 2033. And i have a giant spinning globe, but that might just make me evil.

TheBYOBGig

Mar 31, 2010
My nerdy highlights are as follows...

5)I attended Zombie-Con in london my sophmore year...

4)I ditched a date because I got an invite to a SC2 tournament...(Came in 5th out of 16)

3)I am attracted to girls with glasses and/or longish blue hair...

2)I'm on this site at 1:30 AM...

1)Myself and a group of guys I met at a Battle of the Bands played an impromtu opening act. We played the Underground Theme from Super Mario Bros. and actually won Battle of the Bands Norfolk that year...

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
form the massive anime collection, the the manga that is overflowing my bookshelves the frank the bunny figure, 3 computers in this room 2 nonworking I am tearing apart. the tv set up with 3 systems attached 6 years of gaming and computer magazines and the D&D manuals plus the minis sitting on my desk shelf...I need serious help

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
I failed my 12th grade English class because I was too busy writing my campaign for DnD instead of writing my essay which was apparently severely important.

I also make my own DnD models and paint them
I also make my own DnD setting and dungeon tiles
and I just spent past 2 weeks, 3 hours per day making my own trading card game

magicman4443

Mar 25, 2010
Arkhangelsk said:
magicman4443 said:
chunkydude84 said:
Rocking this shirt every chance I get.
That shirt is sick, where'd you get it?
I've always wanted to get shirts like that, but I can never seem to find them.
I recommend going to split-reason.com. It has games clothing, and some Escapist clothing too. I bought two ZP t-shirts there and a t-shirt with an 360 achievement that says "Achievement unlocked. Left the house."
Wow, that site is pretty awesome too. I think I'm going to get the green Link t-shirt soon.

OT: My friends and I won our battle against the Klingon on our Google Buzz chat.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I have more knowledge of Star Wars and other assorted universes, anime and video game alike, then I do knowledge about any actual skill in my life. I can tell you what Goku's powerlevel was when he fought Frieza, and yet I can't do higher then 8th grade math.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
urgh76 said:
Also, i like school because its the only place i see my hopefully Gf and most of my friends
This. Seriously, who likes going school work? I can understand enjoying learning about something interesting but the method that they use in school is so annoying I can't see enjoyment of actual school itself.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
I watched an episode of the big bang theory and didn't find it excruciatingly terrible.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
I am the only one in my family that loves computers, I played Halo 3 campaign nonstop because I liked the story, I read a lot of webcomics, and generally get nervous around people I'm attracted to(I also discredit the Star Wars prequels and 3d Sonic)
chunkydude84 said:
My other favorite shirt.
*poorly sings* LET YO SOOOOUL GLOOOOOWW(I love that movie)

volcanblade

Jan 11, 2010
Ah where to start.
I've been gaming longer than I can remember.
I correct my teachers all the time and oftern have conversations with them ignoring the class.
I've been able to read well since I was little and had finished Lord of the Rings by 3rd grade.
I'm a captain on the certamen team (Latin competition team) at my school and thus have learned the emperors from 27 B.C. to 285 A.D. in the past week.
My anime list http://myanimelist.net/animelist/volcanblade
I recognize a lot of references from way before my time.
I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh competitively.
My game collection is large enough to tip over a very heavy cabinet.
I go to LAN parites frequently.
I can quote Monty Python sketches with relative ease.