Geek Remix: Proof Mass Effect & Dragon Age Share a Universe?

Geek Remix

New member
Nov 25, 2015
17
0
0
Proof Mass Effect & Dragon Age Share a Universe?

Is the connection between Mass Effect and Dragon Age more than just Easter eggs?

Watch Video
 

Janichsan

New member
May 26, 2015
108
0
0
The whole point of the size of moon in Dragon Age seems vastly over-interpreted to me: the size of the moon and/or the sun is almost always hugely exaggerated in games. Just look at the size of the moon in GTA V.
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Janichsan said:
The whole point of the size of moon in Dragon Age seems vastly over-interpreted to me: the size of the moon and/or the sun is almost always hugely exaggerated in games. Just look at the size of the moon in GTA V.
GTA takes place in some sort of Eldritch planet where physics don't make sense and everyone seems to be controlled by some sort of star based overmind. It's a david lynch nightmare of a gamer's labido.
 

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
190
0
0
Janichsan said:
The whole point of the size of moon in Dragon Age seems vastly over-interpreted to me: the size of the moon and/or the sun is almost always hugely exaggerated in games. Just look at the size of the moon in GTA V.
Well yeah, if you want to be boring.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Well its funny. Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are all in the Mass Effect universe too.

See, Star Wars takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. So there's no reason to see any overlap between Mass Effect and Star Wars, because the events of Star Wars have already taken place on the other side of the Universe. Ergo, they share the same universe, they just never meet or have anything to do with one-another.

Now Warhammer 40k takes place 40 thousand years in the future, maybe closer to 38, but whose counting. See with the Reapers gone, the Cycle is broken. And who here remembers their early 40k lore? During the Golden Age of Expansion, humanity traveled the stars, eradicated tons of races and created a race of AI slaves known as the Stone Men.
The Stone Men revolted and humanity was forced to destroy them in a centuries long war. Sound like something the Reapers warned us about, no?
Logically we can assume after the Reaper War, Humanity eradicated the Asari, Krogan, Turians and the others, circa 25,000 ADE. And with the Reapers gone, there's nothing to stop the Orks from coming onto the Galactic stage and fuck it, the Eldar were in self-imposed exile in the WebWay when the Reapers were about and they come back at some point. And we already know Daemons and Dark Gods exist in Mass Effect, because Dragon Age also happened. So that clears up the Warp, don't it?

Then another 20,000 years later Warhammer 40k happens.

It all makes complete sense!
 

Zjarcal

New member
Jan 11, 2010
11
0
0
I've actually considered the possibility of the two games sharing a universe, and while I doubt it's really the case, this video sure gives a compelling case for it.

It's fun to think about it at least.

Had to laugh at the bits with Solas breaking your heart btw. =P
 

Thyunda

New member
May 4, 2009
2,955
0
0
Silentpony said:
Well its funny. Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are all in the Mass Effect universe too.

See, Star Wars takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. So there's no reason to see any overlap between Mass Effect and Star Wars, because the events of Star Wars have already taken place on the other side of the Universe. Ergo, they share the same universe, they just never meet or have anything to do with one-another.

Now Warhammer 40k takes place 40 thousand years in the future, maybe closer to 38, but whose counting. See with the Reapers gone, the Cycle is broken. And who here remembers their early 40k lore? During the Golden Age of Expansion, humanity traveled the stars, eradicated tons of races and created a race of AI slaves known as the Stone Men.
The Stone Men revolted and humanity was forced to destroy them in a centuries long war. Sound like something the Reapers warned us about, no?
Logically we can assume after the Reaper War, Humanity eradicated the Asari, Krogan, Turians and the others, circa 25,000 ADE. And with the Reapers gone, there's nothing to stop the Orks from coming onto the Galactic stage and fuck it, the Eldar were in self-imposed exile in the WebWay when the Reapers were about and they come back at some point. And we already know Daemons and Dark Gods exist in Mass Effect, because Dragon Age also happened. So that clears up the Warp, don't it?

Then another 20,000 years later Warhammer 40k happens.

It all makes complete sense!
Good argument, actually - but it doesn't confront the issue where humanity has decided to forego energy weapons and seem to have regressed a little bit in terms of the efficiency of space travel.
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Silentpony said:
Well its funny. Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are all in the Mass Effect universe too.

*snip*
I thought you were going to point out some easter eggs :(

Interestingly enough, Mass Effect was bioware's way (Case Hudson's) to make more mass effect. After finishing KOTOR, they starting working on building the world of Mass Effect. Biotics are supposed to be like the force. And a lot of the architecture from the first game is heavily influenced by starwars. Specters are supposed to be kinda like Jedi Knights.

As for Warhammer 40k, there are plenty of fan theories as to how they are related to certain things.

Many people believe that Event Horizon is the official beginning to the Warhammer 40k universe. And that Event Horizon is linked to the Cenobite mythology of Hellraiser. Even though it's probably not actually true, the lores between all those universes do link up.

Anyway it's fun to do those things. All fiction is filled with tropes. And because of that, authors will always accidentally link their works to other similar works. it's fun to find those unintentional links.

Zjarcal said:
I've actually considered the possibility of the two games sharing a universe, and while I doubt it's really the case, this video sure gives a compelling case for it.

It's fun to think about it at least.

Had to laugh at the bits with Solas breaking your heart btw. =P
There is no pain more bitter than when a video game character, who is designed to fulfill your unrealistic romantic fantasies, rejects you. And also believes you are actually the person who is not real.

It's ironic that Solas is the one who thinks the Inquisitor is not actually real. To him, she is only as real as we in the real world perceive him to be. We may be attached to solas. But we would not hesitate to delete DA:I off our hard drive if we needed to fix our PC.

Solas sees us as little Sims from The Sims. And one day one of the times looked up and said "hey, you're pretty cute".
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Thyunda said:
Good argument, actually - but it doesn't confront the issue where humanity has decided to forego energy weapons and seem to have regressed a little bit in terms of the efficiency of space travel.
Actually during the Dark Age of Technology, circa 25k-32k, humanity regresses hardcore. Loses most of its technology, all contact with all human colonies outside the Sol system is lost, and tens of billions die to civil wars, alien raiders and isolated demonic invasions.

So maybe during those dark days most of the mass effect technology is lost, including the Relays which lets say daemons are using as entry points into Real space from the outer dimensions.
 

Zjarcal

New member
Jan 11, 2010
11
0
0
geekremix_Mari said:
Zjarcal said:
I've actually considered the possibility of the two games sharing a universe, and while I doubt it's really the case, this video sure gives a compelling case for it.

It's fun to think about it at least.

Had to laugh at the bits with Solas breaking your heart btw. =P
There is no pain more bitter than when a video game character, who is designed to fulfill your unrealistic romantic fantasies, rejects you. And also believes you are actually the person who is not real.

It's ironic that Solas is the one who thinks the Inquisitor is not actually real. To him, she is only as real as we in the real world perceive him to be. We may be attached to solas. But we would not hesitate to delete DA:I off our hard drive if we needed to fix our PC.

Solas sees us as little Sims from The Sims. And one day one of the times looked up and said "hey, you're pretty cute".
Video game romance heartbreak is serious business, that's for sure.

Assuming the games do share a universe and considering Solas was basically a godlike entity, what if the dread wolf is still around... >.>
 

TP Potato

New member
May 8, 2015
21
0
0
I'm all for crazy game theories, but I find it difficult to go along with this one.

- The idea that the Krogan head easter eggs are from a failed scouting party is an interesting idea. The only problem is, as you said, the only time this could have happened was at the height of Krogan expansion, when their numbers had never been higher. Sure, while more civilized groups might break off contact like the council and Protheans (assuming they didn't want to just enslave them), I think the Krogans would have just sent troops in or dropped asteroids, as there wasn't a war/genophage to consider at that time.

- I'm not sure the Solas idea works either, though I think that for more cynical reasons. Dragon Age isn't a trilogy, we actually have no idea when this series will end. This leaves me skeptical that Bioware would allow Solas to succeed with his plans in future games and deprive themselves of future titles (there's still a lot of Thedas we haven't seen). I guess it's possible they might do it eventually, but in my opinion that kind of ending would run too close in tone to the ME3 ending; I'm not sure Bioware wants to deal with something like that again.

While I disagree with the theory I agree that this was really fun to think about.

P.S. Sorry about Solas. I romanced Sera, and she threatened to break up with me if I didn't agree with her views on religion. Doesn't compare with trying to destroy the world, but it still aggravates me even now.lol
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
TP Potato said:
I'm all for crazy game theories, but I find it difficult to go along with this one.

- The idea that the Krogan head easter eggs are from a failed scouting party is an interesting idea. The only problem is, as you said, the only time this could have happened was at the height of Krogan expansion, when their numbers had never been higher. Sure, while more civilized groups might break off contact like the council and Protheans (assuming they didn't want to just enslave them), I think the Krogans would have just sent troops in or dropped asteroids, as there wasn't a war/genophage to consider at that time.

- I'm not sure the Solas idea works either, though I think that for more cynical reasons. Dragon Age isn't a trilogy, we actually have no idea when this series will end. This leaves me skeptical that Bioware would allow Solas to succeed with his plans in future games and deprive themselves of future titles (there's still a lot of Thedas we haven't seen). I guess it's possible they might do it eventually, but in my opinion that kind of ending would run too close in tone to the ME3 ending; I'm not sure Bioware wants to deal with something like that again.

While I disagree with the theory I agree that this was really fun to think about.

P.S. Sorry about Solas. I romanced Sera, and she threatened to break up with me if I didn't agree with her views on religion. Doesn't compare with trying to destroy the world, but it still aggravates me even now.lol
Why would they send troops if it was just a scouting party. The krogan are not stupid, they were simply uplifted too soon. They understand the concept of resources. And troops or sending in an asteroid is a complete waste of resources for a scouting party. Asteroids are not just easy to re route. You're thinking of it from a perspective of infinite resources that would be poorly allocated by a terrible system. No one would do that.

it goes Scouting Party --> Send in colonizers if it is clear ---- colonize

Not "blow everything up with our limited resources that are spread thin via fast expansion"

On the second part, Solas has never succeeded in any of his plans. Ever. Every single plan has backfired on him in a huge way. Ripping the world apart was bad. helping andraste was bad. And putting the world back together will result in something he did not expect. It will end bad for him, and great for everyone else. As usual.

Even if that means changing the world of thedas.
 

TP Potato

New member
May 8, 2015
21
0
0
geekremix_Mari said:
TP Potato said:
I'm all for crazy game theories, but I find it difficult to go along with this one.

- The idea that the Krogan head easter eggs are from a failed scouting party is an interesting idea. The only problem is, as you said, the only time this could have happened was at the height of Krogan expansion, when their numbers had never been higher. Sure, while more civilized groups might break off contact like the council and Protheans (assuming they didn't want to just enslave them), I think the Krogans would have just sent troops in or dropped asteroids, as there wasn't a war/genophage to consider at that time.

- I'm not sure the Solas idea works either, though I think that for more cynical reasons. Dragon Age isn't a trilogy, we actually have no idea when this series will end. This leaves me skeptical that Bioware would allow Solas to succeed with his plans in future games and deprive themselves of future titles (there's still a lot of Thedas we haven't seen). I guess it's possible they might do it eventually, but in my opinion that kind of ending would run too close in tone to the ME3 ending; I'm not sure Bioware wants to deal with something like that again.

While I disagree with the theory I agree that this was really fun to think about.

P.S. Sorry about Solas. I romanced Sera, and she threatened to break up with me if I didn't agree with her views on religion. Doesn't compare with trying to destroy the world, but it still aggravates me even now.lol
Why would they send troops if it was just a scouting party. The krogan are not stupid, they were simply uplifted too soon. They understand the concept of resources. And troops or sending in an asteroid is a complete waste of resources for a scouting party. Asteroids are not just easy to re route. You're thinking of it from a perspective of infinite resources that would be poorly allocated by a terrible system. No one would do that.

it goes Scouting Party --> Send in colonizers if it is clear ---- colonize

Not "blow everything up with our limited resources that are spread thin via fast expansion"

On the second part, Solas has never succeeded in any of his plans. Ever. Every single plan has backfired on him in a huge way. Ripping the world apart was bad. helping andraste was bad. And putting the world back together will result in something he did not expect. It will end bad for him, and great for everyone else. As usual.

Even if that means changing the world of thedas.

I guess the Krogan thing is just a difference in opinion, as I don't think the Krogan are very smart, with some obvious exceptions for a couple of main Krogan characters in the series. I know there's plenty of points arguing both ways, which is what makes that ME3 genophage questline so great, but I'm of the opinion that they're dumb and dangerous. Obviously I'm in the minority though as I think only 8% of people were with me in not curing the genophage.

I agree that Solas fails with all his plans. What I mean by "success" was him successfully tearing down the veil and wiping out the world of Thedas to try and start from scratch again. Sorry about that, I should have been clearer.
 

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
1,692
0
0
As far as the moon comparison goes, one could just as easily claim (possibly moreso) that Thedas is a continent on a super-Earth with a larger sized moon, such as Ganymede, or maybe even as large as Mars (possible due to Klendagon being a picture of Mars, with the Valles Marineris being plainly visible). Not to mention that Presrop has a synchronous rotation. For every revolution around Klendagon (10.8 Earth days) Presrop will have a single rotation, causing it to have a day/night cycle of 5.4 days. It's much more likely that the moon that appears in Dragon Age is just reused from Mass Effect. If one also goes off the assumption that Thedas has air comparable to our own then where did it go? Presrop has both an incredibly thin atmosphere and one that is composed of Carbon Dioxide and Ethane. Ethane has a larger molar mass than air, so if Presrop is massive enough to hold ethane in its atmosphere, it would also be massive enough to hold air. A thin atmosphere would also make it impossible have liquid water, since any greenhouse effect would be negligible. The ancient disaster could also easily have been a major collision with another massive body.
 

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
335
0
0
Wait what , the dragon age codex is different for each race !!! Why did i not know this!
 

pookie101

New member
Jul 5, 2015
1,162
0
0
Klendragon is huge when viewed from the moon. much larger than when you view the moon on thedas

its probably more likely if assuming they share the same universe you have a protected or unknown world further out from klendragon thats left off charts. shifted to another dimension maybe? and as for the krogan either easter egg or possibly landed from escape pods, the ogre statue/creature shows it was visited at least once and people got off world

count the taint of dragon age be reaper based? makes no sense considering reapers dont touch worlds like that
 

Geek Remix

New member
Nov 25, 2015
17
0
0
Silentpony said:
Well its funny. Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are all in the Mass Effect universe too.

See, Star Wars takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. So there's no reason to see any overlap between Mass Effect and Star Wars, because the events of Star Wars have already taken place on the other side of the Universe. Ergo, they share the same universe, they just never meet or have anything to do with one-another.

Now Warhammer 40k takes place 40 thousand years in the future, maybe closer to 38, but whose counting. See with the Reapers gone, the Cycle is broken. And who here remembers their early 40k lore? During the Golden Age of Expansion, humanity traveled the stars, eradicated tons of races and created a race of AI slaves known as the Stone Men.
The Stone Men revolted and humanity was forced to destroy them in a centuries long war. Sound like something the Reapers warned us about, no?
Logically we can assume after the Reaper War, Humanity eradicated the Asari, Krogan, Turians and the others, circa 25,000 ADE. And with the Reapers gone, there's nothing to stop the Orks from coming onto the Galactic stage and fuck it, the Eldar were in self-imposed exile in the WebWay when the Reapers were about and they come back at some point. And we already know Daemons and Dark Gods exist in Mass Effect, because Dragon Age also happened. So that clears up the Warp, don't it?

Then another 20,000 years later Warhammer 40k happens.

It all makes complete sense!
I though it was "Men of Iron/Iron Men" that they were called?
 

RealRT

New member
Feb 28, 2014
1,058
0
0
Okay, am I the only one who finds "Hey, these two absolutely incompatible settings by the same company could be connected" theories incredibly annoying and unfunny? I like my theories as much as the next geek, but that's just stupid.
 

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
8,665
0
0
Silentpony said:
Well its funny. Star Wars and Warhammer 40k are all in the Mass Effect universe too.
Eh, Dragon Age being in Warhammer is pretty easy to believe. The Fade from DA is pretty much the Warp from WH. I guess the latter is a bit more hospitable but still - the two share a lot in common.
 

votemarvel

Regular Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
1,353
2
13
Country
England
It's a nice video. It could be added to the videos argument that the council are keeping the secret of Presop once supporting life a secret because there were clearly humans living on it.

Perhaps at some point in our past a race transplanted different races, including humanity, to Presop to see what would happen.
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Joxer said:
Long time lurker here, popping in as I just couldn't walk past this one too.

First to say, I'm not surprised deeing this junk on a site that crowned Dragon Age 2 with perfect 10/10 score then refused to make TW3 review probably because after 10/10 to DA2 it's impossible to give anything else a reasonable score.

*snip*

In the end...
Dear Escapist, how much you got paid by EA to advertise Mass Effect DLC?
In fact, isn't your "proof" article yet another proof that you belong to EA?
I'm a freelance contractor.

It is unfair to be mean to me because you think this website wronged you in some way. I chose to do this video on my own and the escapist did not prompt me to do a topic. I pick my own video ideas, write them and make them, and send them to the escapist and they post them.

There is no part in which they give me a prompt or specific request. I was just hired like 3 weeks ago.

If you think there is a conspiracy to put Bioware content on this website, then you're wrong. I just like bioware games because I get to be gay in them.
 

Zjarcal

New member
Jan 11, 2010
11
0
0
Joxer said:
In the end...
Dear Escapist, how much you got paid by EA to advertise Mass Effect DLC?
In fact, isn't your "proof" article yet another proof that you belong to EA?
This post is lulz for many reasons, but realistically speaking, if EA were to pay for anything, they would be more interested in promoting recent stuff, not y'know, several years old dlc.
 

Thyunda

New member
May 4, 2009
2,955
0
0
Silentpony said:
Thyunda said:
Good argument, actually - but it doesn't confront the issue where humanity has decided to forego energy weapons and seem to have regressed a little bit in terms of the efficiency of space travel.
Actually during the Dark Age of Technology, circa 25k-32k, humanity regresses hardcore. Loses most of its technology, all contact with all human colonies outside the Sol system is lost, and tens of billions die to civil wars, alien raiders and isolated demonic invasions.

So maybe during those dark days most of the mass effect technology is lost, including the Relays which lets say daemons are using as entry points into Real space from the outer dimensions.
I am satisfied with this.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Halyah said:
Silentpony said:
I though it was "Men of Iron/Iron Men" that they were called?
Just checked on that. We're both right, but you're more right than I am. Indeed during the Great Expansion, it was the Iron Men/Men of Iron that humanity built and eventually destroyed.
But in one of the Horus Heresy books, Captain Garviel Loken recalls a war he fought against robots called the Stone Men, that they later learned were hold-overs from the Iron Men.
So I just got my names confused within the timeline.
 

Thyunda

New member
May 4, 2009
2,955
0
0
Joxer said:
Long time lurker here, popping in as I just couldn't walk past this one too.

First to say, I'm not surprised deeing this junk on a site that crowned Dragon Age 2 with perfect 10/10 score then refused to make TW3 review probably because after 10/10 to DA2 it's impossible to give anything else a reasonable score.

1. A game is not DLC. Nor is DLC a game. A game is a game. DLC is DLC.

2. Moon and art is a proof that an artist is talented or not talented. Putting an art of a planet/moon as a proof of anything is pathetic.

3. Yes, Dragon Age does share the same universe with something. But that somethng is not Mass Effect. That something is DLC. Dragon Age does not share the same universe with Mass Effect. Never did. Dragon Age shares the same universe with Mass Effect DLC.

4. Mass Effect DLC is not a game. That DLC is not even the same product category as the parent game. One can't buy Mass Effect DLC with proper cash but has to use taxfree money laundry scheme so-called Bioware Points.

In the end...
Dear Escapist, how much you got paid by EA to advertise Mass Effect DLC?
In fact, isn't your "proof" article yet another proof that you belong to EA?
Maybe keep being a long-time lurker - this post doesn't actually make any sense. Does DLC not exist in the same universe as the main game? Does that mean that when you begin a DLC mission you do a hard reset on everything that happened up to that point? Or that it creates a divergent timeline? But what about when there are lines of dialogue referencing DLC in other games? Like in Mass Effect 2 a character references the time terrorists hijacked a meteor to take out a colony. That's DLC for the first game. Are you saying that that particular character was a transdimensional visitor who entered the main universe purely to say that?

Your fourth point is utterly bizarre, too, because I paid for my DLC with money. I've never even heard of Bioware points. And your second point makes even less sense than all the others - if the same asset is used twice within the same IP, one can generally assume the two occurrences of that asset are connected. If that asset exists in two separate IPs, one can either call it an easter egg, lazy recycling or evidence of connection. The whole point of this video was to draw together the various reused assets or possible references and put them together to back up an opinion - that opinion being that the two universes are the same.

Did BioWare steal your girlfriend? Or buy out your start-up? Do they hang around drinking cheap lager outside your house and play trap music all night? I'm not sure I understand your grudge, dude.
 

Sheo_Dagana

New member
Aug 12, 2009
966
0
0
Joxer said:
Long time lurker here, popping in as I just couldn't walk past this one too.

-snip-
Perhaps you should go back to lurking, and if you HAVE been a 'long-time lurker', then perhaps you'd have noticed the multiple articles and videos that are Extreeeeemely critical of EA that this site has published in the past? You also don't seem to understand how the Escapist came by Geek Remix. Hell, they also post Wisecrack content as well, but they sure as shit don't own them or pick their topics.

OT: I would have to say first of all that I don't really agree with the video's topic. I feel like the moon is the only really solid connection to be had, but that's still pretty vague, considering it isn't unheard of for video game artists to reuse assets. It's a fun theory, but I just am not convinced that there is enough evidence to support it. Everything else across both games well and truly seems like they're just Easter Eggs.

Also, I'm miiiiiildly annoyed that there aren't spoiler tags attached to this video. I mean sure, it's my fault for looking at deep-searching videos like these that are trying to prove a vague connection like this, especially since I haven't been able to snag the Trespassers DLC yet, but Solas and his motivations are kind of the biggest spoiler there is for Inquisition. But maybe the actual YouTube video has a warning in the description where this one doesn't.
 

anonymity88

New member
Sep 20, 2010
337
0
0
geekremix_Mari said:
Joxer said:
Long time lurker here, popping in as I just couldn't walk past this one too.

First to say, I'm not surprised deeing this junk on a site that crowned Dragon Age 2 with perfect 10/10 score then refused to make TW3 review probably because after 10/10 to DA2 it's impossible to give anything else a reasonable score.

*snip*

In the end...
Dear Escapist, how much you got paid by EA to advertise Mass Effect DLC?
In fact, isn't your "proof" article yet another proof that you belong to EA?
I'm a freelance contractor.

It is unfair to be mean to me because you think this website wronged you in some way. I chose to do this video on my own and the escapist did not prompt me to do a topic. I pick my own video ideas, write them and make them, and send them to the escapist and they post them.

There is no part in which they give me a prompt or specific request. I was just hired like 3 weeks ago.

If you think there is a conspiracy to put Bioware content on this website, then you're wrong. I just like bioware games because I get to be gay in them.
I can't believe that it's been something like 5 years and people are still up in arms about that 5/5 score.

Jeez, never slight a nerd...
 

Geek Remix

New member
Nov 25, 2015
17
0
0
Silentpony said:
Halyah said:
Silentpony said:
I though it was "Men of Iron/Iron Men" that they were called?
Just checked on that. We're both right, but you're more right than I am. Indeed during the Great Expansion, it was the Iron Men/Men of Iron that humanity built and eventually destroyed.
But in one of the Horus Heresy books, Captain Garviel Loken recalls a war he fought against robots called the Stone Men, that they later learned were hold-overs from the Iron Men.
So I just got my names confused within the timeline.
I looked it up too and it seems there's a degree of confusion surrounding this subject(Golden Men gets mentioned too). Interesting tidbit this stuff I'll say. Just a shame with the lack of clarity.
 

cricket chirps

New member
Apr 15, 2009
467
0
0
RealRT said:
Okay, am I the only one who finds "Hey, these two absolutely incompatible settings by the same company could be connected" theories incredibly annoying and unfunny? I like my theories as much as the next geek, but that's just stupid.
Not the only one. This was all fan theory and the only actual "connections" were really only two Easter eggs, the rest were ALL conjecture. There was so little of this based on facts that it made it rather uninteresting.
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
cricket chirps said:
RealRT said:
Okay, am I the only one who finds "Hey, these two absolutely incompatible settings by the same company could be connected" theories incredibly annoying and unfunny? I like my theories as much as the next geek, but that's just stupid.
Not the only one. This was all fan theory and the only actual "connections" were really only two Easter eggs, the rest were ALL conjecture. There was so little of this based on facts that it made it rather uninteresting.
The name of the series is called "Fan Theory"

I don't understand why everyone comes here and gets disappointed that my series called "Fan Theory" is indeed a series of Fan Theories.
 

Joxer

New member
Dec 11, 2015
1
0
0
geekremix_Mari said:
Joxer said:
Long time lurker here, popping in as I just couldn't walk past this one too.

First to say, I'm not surprised deeing this junk on a site that crowned Dragon Age 2 with perfect 10/10 score then refused to make TW3 review probably because after 10/10 to DA2 it's impossible to give anything else a reasonable score.

*snip*

In the end...
Dear Escapist, how much you got paid by EA to advertise Mass Effect DLC?
In fact, isn't your "proof" article yet another proof that you belong to EA?
I'm a freelance contractor.

It is unfair to be mean to me because you think this website wronged you in some way. I chose to do this video on my own and the escapist did not prompt me to do a topic. I pick my own video ideas, write them and make them, and send them to the escapist and they post them.

There is no part in which they give me a prompt or specific request. I was just hired like 3 weeks ago.

If you think there is a conspiracy to put Bioware content on this website, then you're wrong. I just like bioware games because I get to be gay in them.
Eh?
I assume you're the authour of the video then?

Okay, lemme jump on your wagon a bit. Since the theory was stretched to visual art, and you claim being a fan (look, I'm Mass Effect #1 fan so...), how come you "forgot" to mention another common denominator: Inquisition?
Because there is Dragon Age: Inquisition, but there is also Mass Effect: Inquisition
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/comics/2010-10-25-masseffect25_ST_N.htm

I don't believe there is specifically Bioware conspiracy on this site.
I believe there is EA conspiracy on this site.
Shall I make a video with articles "proof" and pass it to Escapist? I'm pretty sure it'd born one of the longest forum threads in Escapist's history, perfect to get some clicks. ;)
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Joxer said:
geekremix_Mari said:
Joxer said:
Long time lurker here, popping in as I just couldn't walk past this one too.

First to say, I'm not surprised deeing this junk on a site that crowned Dragon Age 2 with perfect 10/10 score then refused to make TW3 review probably because after 10/10 to DA2 it's impossible to give anything else a reasonable score.

*snip*

In the end...
Dear Escapist, how much you got paid by EA to advertise Mass Effect DLC?
In fact, isn't your "proof" article yet another proof that you belong to EA?
I'm a freelance contractor.

It is unfair to be mean to me because you think this website wronged you in some way. I chose to do this video on my own and the escapist did not prompt me to do a topic. I pick my own video ideas, write them and make them, and send them to the escapist and they post them.

There is no part in which they give me a prompt or specific request. I was just hired like 3 weeks ago.

If you think there is a conspiracy to put Bioware content on this website, then you're wrong. I just like bioware games because I get to be gay in them.
Eh?
I assume you're the authour of the video then?

Okay, lemme jump on your wagon a bit. Since the theory was stretched to visual art, and you claim being a fan (look, I'm Mass Effect #1 fan so...), how come you "forgot" to mention another common denominator: Inquisition?
Because there is Dragon Age: Inquisition, but there is also Mass Effect: Inquisition
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/comics/2010-10-25-masseffect25_ST_N.htm

I don't believe there is specifically Bioware conspiracy on this site.
I believe there is EA conspiracy on this site.
Shall I make a video with articles "proof" and pass it to Escapist? I'm pretty sure it'd born one of the longest forum threads in Escapist's history, perfect to get some clicks. ;)
What?
 

cricket chirps

New member
Apr 15, 2009
467
0
0
geekremix_Mari said:
cricket chirps said:
RealRT said:
Okay, am I the only one who finds "Hey, these two absolutely incompatible settings by the same company could be connected" theories incredibly annoying and unfunny? I like my theories as much as the next geek, but that's just stupid.
Not the only one. This was all fan theory and the only actual "connections" were really only two Easter eggs, the rest were ALL conjecture. There was so little of this based on facts that it made it rather uninteresting.
The name of the series is called "Fan Theory"

I don't understand why everyone comes here and gets disappointed that my series called "Fan Theory" is indeed a series of Fan Theories.
While i will walk away from this conversation and admit some fault, that it is totally fine to make videos about fan theory. Nowhere on the page does it say "Fan Theory", or the link to the video. It is titled "Geek Remix" and is talking about game connections. I clicked and watched with that expectation in mind, that there were actual definitive connections and was interested in what they were.

May want to actually add the "fan theory" or "Geek Remix does Fan theory" as a part of the title. Otherwise you should expect this to be a reaction to your videos as to some, like me, they are not what was expected and desired.

Sincerely hope this helps clear up my end of the confusion.
 

Fdzzaigl

New member
Mar 31, 2010
822
0
0
I hate shared universes, so no. Plus there isn't a shred of explanation why magic and the veil would work in the Mass Effect universe the way they do in Dragon Age, nor should there be.

At least games like Endless Legend / Endless Space keep a consistent theme throughout the games (dust). If the developers didn't do that, why assume that the games share universes?
 

Zacharious-khan

New member
Mar 29, 2011
559
0
0
Yeah I don't think so. Things like this do better as easter eggs as opposed to connections especially where magic and sci-fi are involved. It's like the pokemon war thing, you end up having to blind yourself in a lot of ways to make things work out. Like how did a medieval society manage to best krogan warriors and the thousand questions that follow that answer. Being the moon of a planet brings up a host of astronomical problems. Does magic only exist on the dragon age planet?

Problems.

PS i would guess the Asari are ok with the female pronouns because they understand since their gender scheme doesn't exist in humans they understand that humans just want a word that refers to a person quickly.
 

Thyunda

New member
May 4, 2009
2,955
0
0
Zacharious-khan said:
Like how did a medieval society manage to best krogan warriors
Well, since the medieval society was basically forged in combat against dragons, darkspawn and daemons, krogan warriors are piss.
 

Zacharious-khan

New member
Mar 29, 2011
559
0
0
Thyunda said:
Well, since the medieval society was basically forged in combat against dragons, darkspawn and daemons, krogan warriors are piss.
It's not about battle experience, its about the technology. A space faring society should have no problem annihilating them. From miles away or from orbit if necessary.
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Zacharious-khan said:
Thyunda said:
Well, since the medieval society was basically forged in combat against dragons, darkspawn and daemons, krogan warriors are piss.
It's not about battle experience, its about the technology. A space faring society should have no problem annihilating them. From miles away or from orbit if necessary.
Not if it's a scouting party with space weapons from 1300 years ago. Also, you're all forgetting that the people of thedas also have magic. And magic that can be used by non magic users (alchemy). And dragons. And demons they can summon.
 

Thyunda

New member
May 4, 2009
2,955
0
0
geekremix_Mari said:
Zacharious-khan said:
Thyunda said:
Well, since the medieval society was basically forged in combat against dragons, darkspawn and daemons, krogan warriors are piss.
It's not about battle experience, its about the technology. A space faring society should have no problem annihilating them. From miles away or from orbit if necessary.
Not if it's a scouting party with space weapons from 1300 years ago. Also, you're all forgetting that the people of thedas also have magic. And magic that can be used by non magic users (alchemy). And dragons. And demons they can summon.
Or if it isn't a scouting party so much as it is the scattered remnants of the krogan forces either trying to evade the Council fleet or having already been shot down. There are a hundred reasons why the krogan might not randomly blitz an entire moon - from having lost all of their genocide-capable ships to the Council or deciding they'd do a better job just hiding out in the many available forests.
It's also possible that the Veil causes the ships' computers to go haywire - and would basically make the moon inaccessible.

The only real question would be the presence of humans on the planet - which I'm sure we can blame the Protheans for somehow.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
I never played Dragon Age beyond the first game, but your idea of the two being in the same universe intrigues me.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
6,633
1,277
118
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Interesting. I look forward to seeing more of these.

That was a lot more intriguing then listening to MatPat picking through FNAF yet again, not to mention easier to listen to.
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Dalisclock said:
Interesting. I look forward to seeing more of these.

That was a lot more intriguing then listening to MatPat picking through FNAF yet again, not to mention easier to listen to.
He's just doing his job. He's got employees to pay that need videos that will get views. Editors, script writers, researchers, ext.

Thyunda said:
The only real question would be the presence of humans on the planet - which I'm sure we can blame the Protheans for somehow.
My personal excuse for that is the phenomenon in evolution where two separate and unrelated species end up looking almost the same, due to them being in the similar environments and having the same needs.

008Zulu said:
I never played Dragon Age beyond the first game, but your idea of the two being in the same universe intrigues me.
Well i hope it makes you want to play the games more. (I know DA2 was pretty lack luster. but the romances are SAUCY)
 

Herman Hedning's mace

Puns are my PUNishment
Nov 18, 2009
43
0
0
I really like this theory but there are some things I'm confused about.

*Why would krogans only send scouts? The krogans are many things but "cautious" is not one of them. If they found a world that could support them wouldn't they send an entire colonisation armada? They did after all have a huge overpopulation problem.

*If Presrop is (or was) Thedas wouldn't there be human remains there? When this cataclysmic event happened on Presrop wouldn't the Council Species investigate what caused it? If they did they would have found a bunch of dead elves, qunari and HUMANS. The same species that a few thousand years later showed up again in a diffrent part of the galaxy activating relays. Whatever destroyed Presrop only happened about two Asari lifetimes ago. Wouldn't they at least be a bit freaked out by the sudden reappearance of a "recently" extinct race?

(I apologies for all my inevitable misspellings and grammatical mistakes)
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Herman Hedning said:
I really like this theory but there are some things I'm confused about.

*Why would krogans only send scouts? The krogans are many things but "cautious" is not one of them. If they found a world that could support them wouldn't they send an entire colonisation armada? They did after all have a huge overpopulation problem.

*If Presrop is (or was) Thedas wouldn't there be human remains there? When this cataclysmic event happened on Presrop wouldn't the Council Species investigate what caused it? If they did they would have found a bunch of dead elves, qunari and HUMANS. The same species that a few thousand years later showed up again in a diffrent part of the galaxy activating relays. Whatever destroyed Presrop only happened about two Asari lifetimes ago. Wouldn't they at least be a bit freaked out by the sudden reappearance of a "recently" extinct race?

(I apologies for all my inevitable misspellings and grammatical mistakes)
Because contrary to popular belief, the Krogan were not "stupid" before the genophage. They had a very advanced understanding of technology before being uplifted. They simply had not passed the "nuclear war" test in evolution. Additionally, everyone needs scouts to just see if a world is worth exploring.

They were a pre space flight world and we don't know how big thedas is in comparison to the rest of the moon. There were human LOOKING people there, and they are all long gone by the time the council sees humans. if Solas managed the merge the veil, that means everything is gone. Not destroyed, gone. As in put into another "dimension". No dead bodies, no structures, nothing.