Geek Remix: Proof Mass Effect & Dragon Age Share a Universe?

Thyunda

New member
May 4, 2009
2,955
0
0
geekremix_Mari said:
Zacharious-khan said:
Thyunda said:
Well, since the medieval society was basically forged in combat against dragons, darkspawn and daemons, krogan warriors are piss.
It's not about battle experience, its about the technology. A space faring society should have no problem annihilating them. From miles away or from orbit if necessary.
Not if it's a scouting party with space weapons from 1300 years ago. Also, you're all forgetting that the people of thedas also have magic. And magic that can be used by non magic users (alchemy). And dragons. And demons they can summon.
Or if it isn't a scouting party so much as it is the scattered remnants of the krogan forces either trying to evade the Council fleet or having already been shot down. There are a hundred reasons why the krogan might not randomly blitz an entire moon - from having lost all of their genocide-capable ships to the Council or deciding they'd do a better job just hiding out in the many available forests.
It's also possible that the Veil causes the ships' computers to go haywire - and would basically make the moon inaccessible.

The only real question would be the presence of humans on the planet - which I'm sure we can blame the Protheans for somehow.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
I never played Dragon Age beyond the first game, but your idea of the two being in the same universe intrigues me.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
6,759
1,397
118
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Interesting. I look forward to seeing more of these.

That was a lot more intriguing then listening to MatPat picking through FNAF yet again, not to mention easier to listen to.
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Dalisclock said:
Interesting. I look forward to seeing more of these.

That was a lot more intriguing then listening to MatPat picking through FNAF yet again, not to mention easier to listen to.
He's just doing his job. He's got employees to pay that need videos that will get views. Editors, script writers, researchers, ext.

Thyunda said:
The only real question would be the presence of humans on the planet - which I'm sure we can blame the Protheans for somehow.
My personal excuse for that is the phenomenon in evolution where two separate and unrelated species end up looking almost the same, due to them being in the similar environments and having the same needs.

008Zulu said:
I never played Dragon Age beyond the first game, but your idea of the two being in the same universe intrigues me.
Well i hope it makes you want to play the games more. (I know DA2 was pretty lack luster. but the romances are SAUCY)
 

Herman Hedning's mace

Puns are my PUNishment
Nov 18, 2009
43
0
0
I really like this theory but there are some things I'm confused about.

*Why would krogans only send scouts? The krogans are many things but "cautious" is not one of them. If they found a world that could support them wouldn't they send an entire colonisation armada? They did after all have a huge overpopulation problem.

*If Presrop is (or was) Thedas wouldn't there be human remains there? When this cataclysmic event happened on Presrop wouldn't the Council Species investigate what caused it? If they did they would have found a bunch of dead elves, qunari and HUMANS. The same species that a few thousand years later showed up again in a diffrent part of the galaxy activating relays. Whatever destroyed Presrop only happened about two Asari lifetimes ago. Wouldn't they at least be a bit freaked out by the sudden reappearance of a "recently" extinct race?

(I apologies for all my inevitable misspellings and grammatical mistakes)
 

geekremix_Mari

New member
Nov 25, 2015
57
0
0
Herman Hedning said:
I really like this theory but there are some things I'm confused about.

*Why would krogans only send scouts? The krogans are many things but "cautious" is not one of them. If they found a world that could support them wouldn't they send an entire colonisation armada? They did after all have a huge overpopulation problem.

*If Presrop is (or was) Thedas wouldn't there be human remains there? When this cataclysmic event happened on Presrop wouldn't the Council Species investigate what caused it? If they did they would have found a bunch of dead elves, qunari and HUMANS. The same species that a few thousand years later showed up again in a diffrent part of the galaxy activating relays. Whatever destroyed Presrop only happened about two Asari lifetimes ago. Wouldn't they at least be a bit freaked out by the sudden reappearance of a "recently" extinct race?

(I apologies for all my inevitable misspellings and grammatical mistakes)
Because contrary to popular belief, the Krogan were not "stupid" before the genophage. They had a very advanced understanding of technology before being uplifted. They simply had not passed the "nuclear war" test in evolution. Additionally, everyone needs scouts to just see if a world is worth exploring.

They were a pre space flight world and we don't know how big thedas is in comparison to the rest of the moon. There were human LOOKING people there, and they are all long gone by the time the council sees humans. if Solas managed the merge the veil, that means everything is gone. Not destroyed, gone. As in put into another "dimension". No dead bodies, no structures, nothing.