Geekend Update: Blacklight Sheep, Moon Base, and Asymmetry

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Blacklight Sheep, Moon Base, and Asymmetry

Your weekly look at the most interesting science stories in the ever-expanding universe.

For more on the stories this week, you can read about Asymmetry [http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1627/20130427/glow-dark-sheep-genetically-modified-uruguay-lab-video.htm].

To submit your favorite science stories or intro suggestions, send us an email here: [email protected]

Watch Video

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
If there isn't Asymmetry in matter, we're in for some very weird discoveries in the future. Alot weirder than bouncy castles on the moon.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Gotta say, I don't ever want to find Blacklight lamb [http://prototype.wikia.com/wiki/Blacklight_virus] on my plate.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
As long as we are changing sheep DNA,

:) Good Show.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
When the bounce castle party finally starts on the moon maybe we can invite the blacklight sheep over to make it a blacklight party.

We can use that paint that glows under a blacklight and make it a bitchin' party! :D

Seriously, if no one brings a bounce castle to the moon for it's base I'm gonna be very disappointed with science.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Man, you don't want corporatizing of space exploration and travel so soon.

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
When the bounce castle party finally starts on the moon maybe we can invite the blacklight sheep over to make it a blacklight party.

We can use that paint that glows under a blacklight and make it a bitchin' party! :D

Seriously, if no one brings a bounce castle to the moon for it's base I'm gonna be very disappointed with science.
Me too, Fiz. Me too.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
You've never been around actual sheep, have you? They're hideous, dirty and noisy things. Blacklight cats are the future.

Why would you need a bouncy castle on the moon? You can just jump.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
I really like the new transitions between the stories.
At any rate, glow in the dark kittens were more adorable, even if they died out in ten days if I remember right.

I'd imagine the inflatable anything would be rather delicate because the material would have to be able to contract and expand like cloth, so not exactly the strongest? I'm probably wrong cuz' I ain't smarter then a scientist, but it'd be nice to know about.

Also the antimatter story was kinda interesting. Terrible shame that they're taking down the collider, for awhile anyways.
...Looking at this post it seems more of a string of thoughts, with nothing really connecting it. Sniff...bad writing.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
"At first scouentist though that when the universe began it was conprized of equal amoutns of matter and antimatter".
Okay... learn somethign new every day?
I always thought, like most scientists did, that it went from full antimatter and slowly increased in matter capacity, hence the existence of universe from nothing, and when the matter increase the condition may become that where humasn are not able to survive. excelt that is very slow process and we likely be extinct anyway by then, but still you put forth some intresting theorys noones ever heard of as truth...

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
kailus13 said:
You've never been around actual sheep, have you? They're hideous, dirty and noisy things. Blacklight cats are the future.

I want a blacklight kitty!

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Evil Smurf said:
kailus13 said:

I want a blacklight kitty!
O corse you do, everyone does. And eventually, blacklight kitties ON THE MOON.