Geekend Update: Old Water, Broken Telescopes and Google's Gone Quantum

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Old Water, Broken Telescopes and Google's Gone Quantum

Your weekly look at the most interesting science stories in the ever-expanding universe. For more on the stories this week, you can read about Old Water, Broken Telescopes and Google's Gone Quantum.

Watch Video

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Well that's a shame... I never felt the need to comment, but I really did enjoy this show.

Both of the escapist's science related shows gone in the same week... Terrible.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Huh, I never noticed this show even existed until now. I liked it! Too bad it's going away, best of luck!

ellieallegro

Mar 8, 2013
Guess I'm going back to slashdot for my geeky science news. Ashely was such a great host with a great sense of comedic delivery. Happy trails.

Eagi

Dec 10, 2008
Damn this show was awesome. It was a really nice way to keep updated... If the escapist don't bring it back in this form, I would love to see something similar

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Awww, don't go! I love the Geekend Update =(

This means I have to watch Wishlist more often to make sure Ashley stays around, and I don't like Wishlist all that much (except for Ashley hosting it); I either can't afford it or it's for North Americans only.

THE SACRIFICES I MAKE. /first world problems

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Why do you people not like Science?

Wait if Ashley is really going, does that mean the Wishlist is gone too?

Admittedly that show isn't great, but we need more Ashley!!

EDIT:

AC10 said:
Huh, I never noticed this show even existed until now. I liked it! Too bad it's going away, best of luck!
Hmm, so the problem could be one of web-design, and promoting your content, Escapist.

I wonder how much ad revenue this is costing?

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
First Reel Physics dies, and now the Geekend Update is going too? Does no-one on the Escapist like science or something? Both shows were just hitting their stride!

Good luck on your future endeavours Miss Esqueda.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Good luck on your new mission, Ashley!

You, (and your show) will be missed. :(

VortexCortex

May 1, 2013
Enjoyed the show while it lasted. The Universe needs more science savvy shows if we're ever going to save the species from extinction -- hint: All our eggs are in one basket. The more aware the public is the easier it will be to save the Planet, you've been a part of that most epic adventure.

Godspeed on your travels, you are a fine host.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Sigh. (Scratches yet another awesome show off the list.)

You've been great, Ashley. Hope to see you keeping up the geek-talkin' science-reportin' ninjutsu elsewhere.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
So its back to the depressing lunacy that is Game industry news? I can't say I'm looking forward to that.

You did great Ashley! Good luck in the future!

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
Last Episode? What? no way! This show has been awesome. Well best of luck Ashley, I'll actually miss your terrible puns.

Also little nit-pick on the episode. You said North-Western Canada while showing a picture of Ontario, which is where the news came from, but I don't think Ontario counts as North-Western Canada, 'cause Canada is really big.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Gotta admit, I'm mildly annoyed this is being canned. I rather enjoyed the presentation of this show, it was a lot of fun and, most of the time, had a pretty good sense of humor about it.

Ah well, best of luck Ashley. You've done good work here.