Geekend Update: Old Water, Broken Telescopes and Google's Gone Quantum

tobias_rocks

Nov 19, 2010
i'll miss you Ashley. good luck for the future, hope to see you doing something else really cool really soon. this was a great show, thank you for hosting it. you've done a great job.

ps. keep up the puns, you can never have too many puns.

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Smilomaniac said:
Happy trails Ashley! Bring back some souvenirs!
I'll bring you back that reaction wheel!

Yeah, I'm bummed I won't be able to make the Geekend Update any longer -- but if it's any consolation, it's because I got a full time gig, and in the world of internet freelancing, that's like finding the Higgs Boson~

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Ashley Esqueda said:
Smilomaniac said:
Happy trails Ashley! Bring back some souvenirs!
I'll bring you back that reaction wheel!

Yeah, I'm bummed I won't be able to make the Geekend Update any longer -- but if it's any consolation, it's because I got a full time gig, and in the world of internet freelancing, that's like finding the Higgs Boson~
I'm bummed that you're leaving us...but relieved that you're moving on to something better (from the sound of it). Should we just Google your name in a month or so to find out where you'll be setting up shop or can you offer us some juicy hints?

In any case before you leave...

*rummages around in back room*

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Th-the last...? B-buh...! Well, I don't suppose someone out there will keep trying to post science articles? Alas... thanks for the interesting and entertaining show while it lasted!

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
Wait, what? Oh...that's too bad. This show was awesome, I learned a fair bit and I loved watching it on the weekend! Any particular reason why?
I'll add you to my G+. I look forward to seeing what other shows you make :D

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Aww, not you too! First Reel Physics and now Geekend Update... I'm gonna have to watch gaming news again, and that crap is depressing these days.

Fly safe Ashley, and say hi to The Doctor for me.

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
rhizhim said:
Ashley Esqueda said:
Old Water, Broken Telescopes and Google's Gone Quantum

Your weekly look at the most interesting science stories in the ever-expanding universe. For more on the stories this week, you can read about Old Water, Broken Telescopes and Google's Gone Quantum.

Watch Video
wait, are you gone from the show or are you going to leave the site entirely?
Gone entirely, I'm afraid (with the exception of E3 coverage -- but I'm done with The Wishlist and Geekend Update).

I can totally tell you guys where I'm headed. I'll be starting in a week (6/4) as the Senior Content Producer at TechnoBuffalo. We do have a science section there, but I'm not sure anyone can match the awesome of guys like Josh and Jon here at Esc. :) I'll be hosting, writing, producing, and doing all kinds of other stuff.

I also have a very NSFW tech podcast, filled with swearing and gadgets and weird, weird news. It's called Techfoolery, and you guys are ALWAYS welcome to listen and hang out with us:

www.techfoolery.net

I really meant it when I said this was the most fun show I've ever written and hosted in my career. I learned new things every week, and got to talk about things that make me excited to wake up in the morning. You never know when we'll get out of bed and learn our whole lives have changed because of science, and that's such a great, amazing thing to me.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Sorry to see you go.

Best of luck out there. What am I saying? You don't need luck.
Besides, luck is just an abstract concept we humans came up with.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well, best of luck in your new job.

Quantum computer..... so google have created one under the rug while everyone else says we yet dont know how to do that? Are they time traveling wizards?