Geekend Update: Turtle Spies, Spacewalks, and Ancient Plagues

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Turtle Spies, Spacewalks, and Ancient Plagues

Your weekly look at the most interesting science stories in the ever-expanding universe.

For more on the stories this week, you can read about Ancient Plagues [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrRKdgb37mg].

To submit your favorite science stories or intro suggestions, send us an email here: [email protected]

Watch Video

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
As long as no one looses a half million dollar bag of tools, its a successful spacewalk.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'm on to you Ashley. Your cold robotic eyes and HK-47 snark likely mean you are working on plague spreading robots.

For real though I'm loving the show.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
Hey! New transitions! I think these work well. :)

On turtles: slow and steady does not win the arms race.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
Add a little ooze and you have the coolest spies ever.

...perhaps not the most effective though.

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
ellers07 said:
Add a little ooze and you have the coolest spies ever.

...perhaps not the most effective though.
I reeeally tried to work in a TMNT joke, and I just couldn't find the right one!

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Evil Smurf said:
I'm on to you Ashley. Your cold robotic eyes and HK-47 snark likely mean you are working on plague spreading robots.

For real though I'm loving the show.
Excellent, meatbag~

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Wouldn't someone in North Korea notice the turtle? It's not exactly the most inconspicuous thing ever.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Waitwaitwait.....
No mention that the plague of justinian preumalby birthed our favourite plaguefather, Nurgle? I'm severly disappointed.

Also: Surveillance turtle is best turtle.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
It sucks that the Escapist was down for 7 or so hours when the show was released Saturday. Still, I'm glad to get my Geekend Update fix even if it's a day late.

"Suck it Rabbit!"

Real turtles wouldn't need laser eyes, Ashley. Real turtles come after you with lightsabers!

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Copper Zen said:
It sucks that the Escapist was down for 7 or so hours when the show was released Saturday. Still, I'm glad to get my Geekend Update fix even if it's a day late.

"Suck it Rabbit!"

Real turtles wouldn't need laser eyes, Ashley. Real turtles come after you with lightsabers!

Haha, oh my god. That is amazing. How have I never seen that until today?

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
Must be so annoying to the turtle "Wha- where did this obstacle come from? Oh well, I'll just go around it" x ∞