Gena Davis institute on Gender in media tries to link violent games to mass shootings and police violence

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
2) Obviously. Means nothing
3) Because they added a strap for the gravity defying top and changed the thong into a bikini, yes. You are explicitly objecting to that
4) Unfalsifiable claim, made while arguing against their own opinions over *not having a choice*
And his football uniform isn't a swimsuit, yes
2) No it means societal expectations very much influence things and those can and do change
3) I was more about R Mika and Cammy not being allowed to use their default costumes in Fighting game tournaments at one point.......
4) Am I not allowed to have the position they should have the choice but also the choice may be being made for bad reasons? I mean you're working on the idea I want people to not be allowed to make bad decisions. I'm fine with bad decisions as long as they do no real lasting harm to people because people can often learn from them. Lets say they wear the covered up outfits and it instead attracts the attention of those who fetishize the idea of the Tradwife who is modest and reject the slutty looking girls and whores.........suddenly they get sexualised an entirely different way by an entirely different group and lessons end up learned. In an idea world nether costume would carry any implications or societal views as such as they'd be free to choose but the present age is this strange "Better not look sexy or people will think you're a slut and men won't respect you" attitude going round.

Shitty monetization doesn't make a game not a game.
Yet the monitisation methods and ideas were created and developed specifically in mobile gaming.

I don't give a shit about your past, you are actively not caring *now*
So me calling them shitty doesn't count as caring despite thinking they're shitty. But somehow I should specifically care more because it relates to the MCU?
I've realised trying to fight it is like King Canute trying to push back the tide and so while I'll occasionally say something against them (like now). I realise rallying against them is fighting a tide far bigger than me and I'm really not going to win anyone over in this case because I'd just be some-one they see as stopping them reaching their goal or desire out of I dunno jealously or something.

If that's all it is, why are you calling them prudes from wanting it?
Because that was in relation to the Volleyball stuff far more than the gymnastics and the outfits they went with were basically a compromise to stay within the rules and requirements.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
2) No it means societal expectations very much influence things and those can and do change
3) I was more about R Mika and Cammy not being allowed to use their default costumes in Fighting game tournaments at one point.......
2) Which is obvious because time is linear. By itself it means nothing
3)Then you probably should've mentioned that instead of assuming I can read your mind. 'Course, it's the same fucking issue with the same fucking fix: freely available costumes that don't have that issue.
4) Am I not allowed to have the position they should have the choice but also the choice may be being made for bad reasons? I mean you're working on the idea I want people to not be allowed to make bad decisions. I'm fine with bad decisions as long as they do no real lasting harm to people because people can often learn from them.
Fucking lmao. Worried that those deluded women who want to be comfortable doing sport are making a bad decision that's going to cause them real harm, which is why they should stick with the mandated bikinis while the dudes run around in long tanks and board shorts? Is that a fucking joke? Are you being completely serious

Yet the monitisation methods and ideas were created and developed specifically in mobile gaming.
Which doesn't make them Not Games

So me calling them shitty doesn't count as caring despite thinking they're shitty. But somehow I should specifically care more because it relates to the MCU?
I've realised trying to fight it is like King Canute trying to push back the tide and so while I'll occasionally say something against them (like now). I realise rallying against them is fighting a tide far bigger than me and I'm really not going to win anyone over in this case because I'd just be some-one they see as stopping them reaching their goal or desire out of I dunno jealously or something.
Yes, your argument that Marvel shouldn't stop demanding it's actors hurt themselves to provide a popular body type that lots of people are hurting themselves trying to achieve because that how the super powered comic book character looks in the comics isn' particularly persuasive.

Because that was in relation to the Volleyball stuff far more than the gymnastics and the outfits they went with were basically a compromise to stay within the rules and requirements.
And are they prudes for doing so? Despite them still being form fitting? And that the dudes are, once again, allowed to wear shorts without hurting their potential for scoring or whatever the fuck justification you wanted to use?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
2) Which is obvious because time is linear. By itself it means nothing
3)Then you probably should've mentioned that instead of assuming I can read your mind. 'Course, it's the same fucking issue with the same fucking fix: freely available costumes that don't have that issue.
2) Well we're not even sure on that anymore it may just be perceived that way but it seems again and again a sort of cycle repeats and societal views change again and again which prompts changes in attitudes and fashions etc. The 60's were all free love because sex wasn't seen as bad as such.
3) Well I figured as some of the more prominent examples and examples actually seeing changes to competitions just to appease or be aired on ESPN I figured that would be more what you were on about than speculative changes that may have been made for that reason....

Fucking lmao. Worried that those deluded women who want to be comfortable doing sport are making a bad decision that's going to cause them real harm, which is why they should stick with the mandated bikinis while the dudes run around in long tanks and board shorts? Is that a fucking joke? Are you being completely serious
No try reading it again I said it wouldn't cause serious harm so I'd be fine with having what I'd consider a bad decision on the board and selected because the reason it would be bad would become clear but not leave lasting damage or harm of any real kind. In the case of the different uniform the "harm" being the emotional realisation they just swapped one kind of sexual objectification for another anyway. I also said before give the guys a choice too.

Which doesn't make them Not Games
Just like surfing is still a water sport.

Yes, your argument that Marvel shouldn't stop demanding it's actors hurt themselves to provide a popular body type that lots of people are hurting themselves trying to achieve because that how the super powered comic book character looks in the comics isn' particularly persuasive.
Because there are ways for the actors to achieve it in a healthier way............

And are they prudes for doing so? Despite them still being form fitting? And that the dudes are, once again, allowed to wear shorts without hurting their potential for scoring or whatever the fuck justification you wanted to use?
Men's scoring is weirdly slightly different and I wouldn't say they're prudes I'd just say it's kind of hilariously short sighted that some they figured the skin tight outfit would somehow lead them them being less sexualised lol

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
2) Well we're not even sure on that anymore it may just be perceived that way but it seems again and again a sort of cycle repeats and societal views change again and again which prompts changes in attitudes and fashions etc. The 60's were all free love because sex wasn't seen as bad as such.
3) Well I figured as some of the more prominent examples and examples actually seeing changes to competitions just to appease or be aired on ESPN I figured that would be more what you were on about than speculative changes that may have been made for that reason....
2) Which, again, is not an argument by itself.
3)"Well as I figured" still doesn't let me read your mind. I'm not actually living there, you know. And your "prominent examples" are the same damn thing with the same damn solutions so it's super weird you brought them up.

No try reading it again I said it wouldn't cause serious harm so I'd be fine with having what I'd consider a bad decision on the board and selected because the reason it would be bad would become clear but not leave lasting damage or harm of any real kind. In the case of the different uniform the "harm" being the emotional realisation they just swapped one kind of sexual objectification for another anyway. I also said before give the guys a choice too.
"Oh no, people are pigs anyway, we should've stuck with the bikinis we hated, *sob*"
You're bad at people, you know that?

Just like surfing is still a water sport.
Yes, it's still a real sport, glad we agree

Because there are ways for the actors to achieve it in a healthier way............
And Marvel isn't doing that, so it should stop, yes? Do you finally care about the eating disorders in men yet?
Men's scoring is weirdly slightly different and I wouldn't say they're prudes I'd just say it's kind of hilariously short sighted that some they figured the skin tight outfit would somehow lead them them being less sexualised lol
Judging by the commentary about "slut shaming" and "prudes", I'd say it's definitely harder. If not, why the pushback from the likes of you? Shit man, you're calling it censorship when a company changes a characters thong into a bikini, now you want me to believe that voluntarily changing a real woman's leotard into a unitard doesn't actually make a difference?

Defeat your own argument much?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
2) Which, again, is not an argument by itself.
3)"Well as I figured" still doesn't let me read your mind. I'm not actually living there, you know. And your "prominent examples" are the same damn thing with the same damn solutions so it's super weird you brought them up.
2) If you cannot see the curvature of the earth does that mean it is flat?
3) Well the simple answer is I thought you'd pick the most obvious clear example as your claim. I was wrong.

"Oh no, people are pigs anyway, we should've stuck with the bikinis we hated, *sob*"
You're bad at people, you know that?
No I'm quite good at people unfortunately. I'm quite bad with people.
As in I can worryingly predict where things will go and spot cues and other such stuff but people tend to get slightly weirded out by the psychology at play.

Also on the actual argument not the attempted deflection of "You're bad at people"

Billie Eilish is my evidence I'm right

Yes, it's still a real sport, glad we agree
Yeh still doesn't mean you apply the same ideas to all sports or can act like they are all 1 sport.

And Marvel isn't doing that, so it should stop, yes? Do you finally care about the eating disorders in men yet?
Oh is Marvel saying they have to do the crash diets not try to maintain the look healthily?

Judging by the commentary about "slut shaming" and "prudes", I'd say it's definitely harder. If not, why the pushback from the likes of you? Shit man, you're calling it censorship when a company changes a characters thong into a bikini, now you want me to believe that voluntarily changing a real woman's leotard into a unitard doesn't actually make a difference?
Defeat your own argument much?
Not when my argument is the change doesn't fix anything you claim is some issue thus yours becomes "Change it because change yay" which isn't a very compelling argument for making such changes now is it?