General Chang and Brewmeister Smith Are Coming to Skyrim

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
General Chang and Brewmeister Smith Are Coming to Skyrim

General Chang, Brewmeister Smith, Colonel Tigh, Wonder Woman and more will all appear in the upcoming RPG epic The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Christopher Plummer is one of the finest Shakespearean actors of the modern era and has also notched up a remarkable collection of noteworthy film roles, while Max Von Sydow has put together a very long and distinguished international acting career of his own. Yet to a certain demographic - that'd be us - they will forever be known for two iconic roles: General Chang of Strange Brew [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-VI-Undiscovered-Remastered/dp/B002I9Z8DK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1317138825&sr=8-3]. It's kind of fitting, then, that they're finally coming together, not in a film but in a videogame.

And they're not alone. Also joining the cast will be Joan Allen, a three-time Academy Award nominee who's appeared in the The 13th Warrior [http://www.amazon.com/Trilogy-Identity-Supremacy-Ultimatum-Blu-ray/dp/B003H6KRIE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1317138888&sr=8-3].

Given Bethesda's history, it's not exactly a surprise that Skyrim will boast a star-studded cast, but even so this is a pretty impressive list of names. Not that many of them don't already have some experience in the realm of videogames; Plummer reprised his General Chang role for the 2000 release Morrowind [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Klingon-Academy-Pc/dp/B0000296ZB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317139156&sr=8-1]. When you get right down to it, most of these guys have pretty respectable nerd cred.

But perhaps even better news for fans of the franchise is that Bethesda has employed more than 70 difference voice actors for Skyrim, a far cry from the three or four guys it used in the last couple of games. Let's hope that translates into some actual vocal variety in the game world. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pc/dp/B004HYIAPM/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317139311&sr=1-3] comes out on November 11 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
And can we please get Sean Bean back? Please, Bethesda? Please? *puppy dog pout*

(I'm still going to get this game at midnight, Sean Bean or not, of course.)

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
$10 says that all of these people die or are otherwise removed from the story during the tutorial.

sindremaster

Apr 6, 2010
Dear Bethesda

Please spend less money on famous people and more money on getting more than 5 total voice actors.

Thank you

The Famous Mr. Klaw

Sep 27, 2011
So, Captian von Trapp is a greybeard? I can't wait until the emotionally-stirring ode to Tamriel's state flower, "Nirnroot."

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Jason Statham should totally be in here. As a Dark Brotherhood dude.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
oooo lets see how long their characters live before they die and we get to hear the same 6 voice actors 9000 times

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Yay! I'm very happy that Linda Carter will be back. Let's hope she gets to play some of the generic Nord women. My time in Oblivion would have been a lot less enjoyable without having the hear her all the time (and a lot more enjoyable if she didn't also play the orc women). xD

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
This game is gonna be good.

Shame my money is going to the Great Satan.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ser Imp said:
I think I speak for all RPG gamers when I say:
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/10/100614/1855648-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg
Why thank you sir, you saved me the trouble in doing that, and I believe you do.

OT: I didn't think I could get anymore excited about that game, and boy was I completely wrong!

They better not die somewhere in the game, if so, bad form Bethesda!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The Famous Mr. Klaw said:
So, Captian von Trapp is a greybeard? I can't wait until the emotionally-stirring ode to Tamriel's state flower, "Nirnroot."
Mr Claw!?
Always good to see another TMBG fan.

These games always have a great cast you hardly hear anything out of. Such talent but they're probably only going to have about a dozen lines between them all.

Jeez, I thought I was the only one who remembered Strange Brew - which is probably my favorite spoof on Hamlet.
"It's a nuclear bomb shelter."
"Great, let's get bombed."

Debatra

Kaedanis Pyran
Sep 6, 2008
Zaik said:
$10 says that all of these people die or are otherwise removed from the story during the tutorial.
A special edition copy of Skyrim as well.

The Famous Mr. Klaw

Sep 27, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
The Famous Mr. Klaw said:
Mr Claw!?
Always good to see another TMBG fan.
Haha, thanks. And obviously a thorough one at that! I've seen a number of Dr. Worm references on Steam and none of them seem to be aware my name is a reference too.

Anyway, just getting settled into the forums here. I guess this is getting off topic...

Suffice it to say, I'm impressed with Bethesda's ability to pull legitimate actors pretty consistently.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I'm excited, but this being Bethesda, how many of them will be dead within an hour or so?

Riveon

Mar 27, 2010
sindremaster said:
Dear Bethesda

Please spend less money on famous people and more money on getting more than 5 total voice actors.

Thank you
Well you clearly read the whole article... :p