Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Because most are idiots that claim to know what's best for everyone. How they miss this guy in most adaptions is beyond me. I did not even know that was the case. I vaguely read Dracula once in high school. Carmailla too while I'm at it, so I don't remember much. At least Castlevania done something with the Morris family and Quincey got a name drop in Bloodlines.

Off-topic: Watch Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, if you have not done so. You won't be disappointed and it's directed by the man who did Ninja Scroll and Wicked City.
I read Carmilia a long time ago. I only remember the Lesbian Vampire bit of it, which made it feel approps that the one in the show was part of an All Lady Squad ruling Styria, even if she never really shows particular interest in the other 3...or anyone(I guess since show Carmilla's main traits are being Bitter, Scheming and Misandrist).

I've already seen Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and always happy to watch it again. Particularly love the setting with the weird mix of Gothic castles, Wild West and kinda everything in between going on. I guess it's kinda explained by the Post-Apocalyptic setting but I'm not gonna complain because it's very nicely rendered.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Because most are idiots that claim to know what's best for everyone. How they miss this guy in most adaptions is beyond me. I did not even know that was the case. I vaguely read Dracula once in high school. Carmailla too while I'm at it, so I don't remember much. At least Castlevania done something with the Morris family and Quincey got a name drop in Bloodlines.

Off-topic: Watch Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, if you have not done so. You won't be disappointed and it's directed by the man who did Ninja Scroll and Wicked City.
Ninja Scroll was my first real foray into anime as a kid and my kind was blown. Hoping to check that one out this weekend.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Odds are it'll be a port or "Remaster" collection first. Even if they decide to go on a new game, I'm not looking forward to it. The problem being that it's modern EA. I do appreciate the news, but I'll take my chances with Negative Atmosphere.
If I'm being totally honest, I would be fine with a remastered collection, it would be a reason to buy a game from EA. Something I haven't done since...ummm...Dead Space 3. Of course, I could just play the games I already own. But that would mean getting my PS3 out of the box its in and setting it back up, ugh, seems like a lot of effort:) I share your concern about modern EA and I read somewhere that DS could be going to a first person perspective. If that's true, I imagine EA staring jealously at Capcom and the success its had with RE 7 and 8 and thinking "why can't we have a survival horror franchise that we can do that with? Wait a minute..." I will have to have a look at Negative Atmosphere and The Calisto Protocol is looking good too.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
The dog Dogmeat from Fallout 4 was based has unfortunately passed away (tweet leads to a thread about her involvement with development)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Fucking gross.

Assassin's Creed games finally got interesting to me after Origins and Odyssey, shame that's over already. Fucking stupid Ubisoft.
I'm not surprised in the slightest and I was expecting a bit later than sooner. They can still fuck off.

I said it a million times, and I'll say it again, the last good Assassin's Creed games were II, Brotherhood, and Black Flag. I want nothing from Ubisoft at this point, but to die a horrible flamimg death of despair.

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Fucking gross.

Assassin's Creed games finally got interesting to me after Origins and Odyssey, shame that's over already. Fucking stupid Ubisoft.
Honestly, they should've stopped after Desmond dying in the present timeline. And yes, I'm one of the rare people that cared about present timeline story, because we are experiencing AC games w/ desmond everything he enters the animus.

Now IDK what is going on anymore; something about Juno trying to enter the real world?

That being said, I do hope the live service model is something truly unique; the AC multiplayer games may not been too popular, but I do remember having blast with it, and I hope this does the same

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Honestly, they should've stopped after Desmond dying in the present timeline. And yes, I'm one of the rare people that cared about present timeline story, because we are experiencing AC games w/ desmond everything he enters the animus.

Now IDK what is going on anymore; something about Juno trying to enter the real world?

That being said, I do hope the live service model is something truly unique; the AC multiplayer games may not been too popular, but I do remember having blast with it, and I hope this does the same
There was a "Juno is trying to escape from the internet" plot running from the end of ACIII though Syndicate. And then they resolved the whole thing in a comic and pretty much never brought it up again except for some oblique and easy to miss references in Origins/Odyssey.

One of the lesser reasons Ubisoft is on the my shit list, because that's an awful way to resolve what's supposed to be a major plot arc IN A VIDEO GAME! "Hey, go read this comi...." "No, asshole, put it in the fucking GAME SERIES IT WAS DRIVING!" I don't care if you want to put Desmonds first Wank or how Aiden got his stupid fucking hat in the damn comics, but if it's important to the games, it should be in the games.

But yeah, I read that and pretty much thought that this is Ubisoft Tripling down on the GAAS they've already been pretty much doing anyway for the past few years. The Division, the shitty MTX in all the recent AC games, etc. And as I've been saying with all the Ubisoft Sexual harassment/"Women don't sell" and the shit they've been pulling with Valhalla, I feel increasingly justified in my decision to stop buying Ubisoft games after Odyssey.

I enjoyed Odyssey but in spite of it's many flaws, generally because Bumming around Ancient Greece and the insane Afterlife/Atlantis shit was enough to keep me going, but that was it. I'm done. And I keep seeing what they're putting out and feeling like I'm not missing anything.