BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
We got the trailer for the HBO's TLOU:

And you know what? It looks pretty good IMO. Certainly makes me forget about all other bullshit about the franchise
I was talking about this on twitter. This does look really fucking good, for a video game adaptation. But...it also looks TOO good right? Like why wouldn't I just play the game instead?

I mean I guess it's for people who don't play games (fucking weird as that is) or who have never previously had interest in the game, but like...I hope there is something more to the show than just the video game with real people. I dunno, duality of a gamer. I want game movies to follow the games, but at the same time it's like I dont?

Either way hopfully it's great and it will show that you can follow a game's story and make something really cool. Maybe teach Hollywood a lesson or some shit.
]​

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
We got the trailer for the HBO's TLOU:

And you know what? It looks pretty good IMO. Certainly makes me forget about all other bullshit about the franchise
And Sony cheekily released an accolades trailer for The Last of Us Part 1 the same day. 'Oh, what's this - While you were watching the trailer for the next big HBO show I accidentally dropped the game of the same name in front of you. Dear, how clumsy of me.'

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

The idea of freely switching heroes in the first game was part of what made it great. Your seriously telling me this is no more, simply because the game is f2p live service?

I typically don’t want a game to fail, but not for this one. I really hope it dies faster than Babylon’s fall

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

The idea of freely switching heroes in the first game was part of what made it great. Your seriously telling me this is no more, simply because the game is f2p live service?

I typically don’t want a game to fail, but not for this one. I really hope it dies faster than Babylon’s fall
Every creative person in that company has bounced. Now it's just a vapid studio trying desperately to grasp at some rekindling of success.