General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, No Pirate game for me!
Either they saw the reception and are re-structuring the game to me more monetized, OR they want to re-structure so the game is deceptive when it comes to monetization.

Regardless, this game can make like an ocean and wave goodbye. (Yes, I totally came up with that pun on my own)

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Sony's getting their sacks ready for PC players...

UPDATE: Sackboy: A Big Adventure is now listed on Steam and has been officially unveiled by Sony.

Though not yet available, it can be added to your wishlist and has a release date of 27th October. There's also a pre-purchase bonus of Sackboy costumes based on other PlayStation game heroes: Connor from Detroit: Become Human; Jin from Ghost of Tsushima; Deacon from Days Gone; and Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding.

A PlayStation Blog gives all the details, as already revealed by the PlayStation Latin America YouTube account earlier today.

✨ Sackboy: A Big Adventure is coming to PC ✨

From targeted 120fps to ultrawide support, see what's coming when Sackboy leaps onto PC and brings a (craft)world of fun with him. https://t.co/e3V5JicQrP pic.twitter.com/Pd0vtaQI7i
— PlayStation UK (@PlayStationUK) September 29, 2022

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Google Stadia is off to the Google Graveyard

Did anyone not see this coming a mile off?
Allow me to quote a couple of memes.

"Oh no! Anyway...."

"I'm shocked! SHOCKED! Well...not that shocked."

The problem with cloud streaming is that everyone who's tried it has forced a terrible business model with it. Stadia might have had a chance if it was just a subscription service like Gamepass where people could just play whatever game they wanted on the platform so long as they had an active sub. But instead, Google also wanted you to pay for the games on top of paying for the service, and there were no discounts every game was full price. It was bullshit and it's a wonder how they got any customers at all.

Instead of paying for a Super Bowl ad, they could have bought the rights to provide full games to people on their service.

Oh well, the idea is dead again. Hopefully it wont come back.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The problem with cloud streaming is that everyone who's tried it has forced a terrible business model with it. Stadia might have had a chance if it was just a subscription service like Gamepass where people could just play whatever game they wanted on the platform so long as they had an active sub. But instead, Google also wanted you to pay for the games on top of paying for the service, and there were no discounts every game was full price. It was bullshit and it's a wonder how they got any customers at all.
This. I can't believe the brains at Google, ostensibly the people with their fingers on the pulse of the Internet, couldn't see how bad an idea Stadia was (God it feels good to refer to that dumpster fire in the past tense.) I mean, just speaking the idea out loud...

1664476346946.png
And then to think enough people heard the idea, AGREED to it, then attempted to compete with firmly established consoles that have been providing the exact same product, less a [mandatory] subscription fee, and with the opportunity to own physical copies of the games people buy, since FOREVER. It... it's just mind-blowingly insipid and stupid. That's like a billionaire trying to steal a another billionaire's wife by asking her for money.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This. I can't believe the brains at Google, ostensibly the people with their fingers on the pulse of the Internet, couldn't see how bad an idea Stadia was (God it feels good to refer to that dumpster fire in the past tense.) I mean, just speaking the idea out loud...

And then to think enough people heard the idea, AGREED to it, then attempted to compete with firmly established consoles that have been providing the exact same product, less a [mandatory] subscription fee, and with the opportunity to own physical copies of the games people buy, since FOREVER. It... it's just mind-blowingly insipid and stupid. That's like a billionaire trying to steal a another billionaire's wife by asking her for money.
You can't fix carelessness and stupidity.
Put in blind arrogance to the mix, and you get a constant downpour of oil into the 🔥.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Arrogant Sony is back at it again.

And I will continue not paying for crappy $70 plus games. AA & indie all the way. For the people still supporting this, you are all fools and being duped as usual. Have fun continuing to buy broken, unfinished, or fames held back by content that should have been in there to begin with had it been almost any other generation.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You can't fix carelessness and stupidity.
Put in blind arrogance to the mix, and you get a constant downpour of oil into the 🔥.
I think it also has to do with all the incusive and diversity hires that these tech and media companies are engaging in. I mean when you are actually releasing reports about how diverse your employee's are, that means you are hiring to fill check boxes and not hiring people who know what the fuck they are doing.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/diversity.google/en//annual-report/static/pdfs/google_2021_diversity_annual_report.pdf?cachebust=2e13d07

Of course there is overlap as it's quite easy to assume that someone can tick a minority or oppressed group box but also actually be very much qualified for the job. But I don't think their hiring practices are in the right place for the best decisions.

Google has enough money that they probably can hire whomever and make whatever dumbass choices they want so long as Youtube and the Googleplay store bring billions into the company. However I have to imagine at some point investers will get tired of the losses and pull out of the company.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Google Stadia is off to the Google Graveyard

Did anyone not see this coming a mile off?
A Stadia-like service will eventually work. In that respect, Stadia (and services like it) was ahead of its time.

But we aren't there yet, and likely won't be there for a good few more years.

In the end, it was little more than a waste of time, talent, effort, and money.

Maybe next time, eh?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Arrogant Sony is back at it again.

And I will continue not paying for crappy $70 plus games. AA & indie all the way. For the people still supporting this, you are all fools and being duped as usual. Have fun continuing to buy broken, unfinished, or fames held back by content that should have been in there to begin with had it been almost any other generation.
People being upset about getting better customer service is kind of confusing to me. And the article is confusing for a couple of other things as well.

First of all, how often does someone need to contact customer service in that a faster customer service ranking is desirable? Like when you have a problem with a service or something, usually that's one customer service need and hopefully is resolved then you're done. Who would use a service that has you constantly calling in to fix issues? That makes no fucking sense.

Second of all, four games or 125 rare trophies? That seems like an exceptionally low bar for "preferred" service if that's something you care about and need to use all the time. If you are a Playstation fan, you probably have the trophy requirement anyway, or some combination of a couple of games and trophies depending on if it looks at your profile retroactively.

Frankly the fucking "Stars" thing is stupid anyway because the rewards and benefits of the program are stupid. Oh a badge on your profile? Better customer service? Who the hell gives a shit? Certainly nothing something worth paying into.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think it also has to do with all the incusive and diversity hires that these tech and media companies are engaging in. I mean when you are actually releasing reports about how diverse your employee's are, that means you are hiring to fill check boxes and not hiring people who know what the fuck they are doing.
I highly doubt it. I'm sure some people were hired for the shallowest reason or to check off a box, but it all boils down to those at top with the arrogance to think they know and can do anything, without consequence. It's those at the top and the idiotic investors in charge whom are problem.