General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
That's the most famous example I know, yes. But that was from before I was even born, to see something like that still happen today is crazy.
And @Gordon_4
Brandon Lee was shot with a blank, but if there is anything solid in the chamber, (someone said a button once. What would a button be doing there?) like the material they use to tamp down the gun powder ( paper or plastic wadding ), that solid can be propelled from the chamber like a bullet. EDIT: kinda complicated. But Lee wasn't even bleeding. The force of the solid appears to have been enough to cause a fatal blunt trauma: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee#Death

Before that, the guy who was to star in Lone Ranger in 1984 was goofing around on set and shot himself in the head point blank not understanding: yeah it is fake. Even a blank at point blank, at his own head, can and did kill him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

EDIT: I'm reading so far, for unknown reason, what Baldwin shot was NOT a blank but a single, real round in the stage gun. Why was it being pointed at, and trigger pulled, on a stage hand?

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Maybe I've just played too many Hitman games, but I just cannot get around how the fuck an obvious movie "prop" for a movie gets loaded with live ammunition by complete mistake in this day and age. Someone had to make the conscious decision to put live ammunition in there at some point, knowing it was still meant to be used as a "prop" like wtf? There shouldn't be a single solitary hint of live ammunition near the bloody thing!
Yeah, half of every detective show has an ep where a fake weapon is swapped for a real one for a murder that supposed to look like an accident.

That's something I don't understand, why, in 2021, are they still using practical and dangerous effects when you can find cinematic-quality CGI in commercials for allergy medicine nowadays? A gun with blank ammo is still effectively a weapon; remove the mechanical components and add some flash and bang effects in post, and shit like this doesn't happen.
They did that for the John Wick films, yeah.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
That said, it didn't get another artist to remake it like OPM did. Which I personally think is good: I honestly think the absolutely gorgeous art of the remade OPM detracts from the story a bit.
That's what's (...English is weird...) nice about the webcomic though, is that ONE is still updating it (less frequently the the manga, but still). Plus, you can see him get better as an artist as the series goes, which is fun in itself.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
That's what's (...English is weird...) nice about the webcomic though, is that ONE is still updating it (less frequently the the manga, but still). Plus, you can see him get better as an artist as the series goes, which is fun in itself.
Something can be updated less frequently than the manga? :O Seriously though, I need some weekly manga again, all the ones I've been reading keep going breaks.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
His first line better be a complaint about sand
I'm actually quite interested in seeing how Christensen will be as Anakin without George Lucas directing him. I've only ever seen him in Star Wars, but I hear he's supposed to be a decent actor. It's pretty cool he gets a chance at redemption, after years of being seen as a joke. If only Jake Lloyd could have gotten a chance, the poor guy.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Man dressed as Joker terrorizes Tokyo train

Very tangentially related to movies, but yet another reason why I'm tired of Joaquin Phoenix's Joker without even having seen the film.
I am a bit shocked this happened in Japan. I am not saying Japan does not have its fanatical asshole fans, but it's jarring for some of them to start acting like Joker and be an asshole. It's usually from the UK and US end where we see butt fucks causing problems.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I am a bit shocked this happened in Japan. I am not saying Japan does not have its fanatical asshole fans, but it's jarring for to start acting like Joker and be an asshole. It's usually from the UK and US end where we see butt fucks causing problems.
It is easy to forget just how fucked up it can be over there. I'm assuming his motivations are aligned with the usual incel shit.