General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Thanks! Was too lazy to make it myself lol

So, DC Fandome stuff not yet posted in the forums (as far as I can tell). First up, the Flash movie.

Yippee, Michael Keaton as Batman again. Yeah, I wasn't born yet and frankly I've never thought Batman 89 looked so good, so even as a huge Batman fan I'm only really interested in seeing more of Keaton. He's a great actor.

The Flash suit... kinda looks bad. I wasn't the biggest fan of his armored look in Justice League, but this looks very Green Lantern-esque. How exactly are they gonna explain his yellow highlights now? Everyone knows blue is faster then yellow. But seriously, I absolutely hate Ezra Miller as the Flash. I really hope this is his last outing as Barry. Hopefully he's toned down the geek incel personality in this one, as well as his dumb ice skate running.

Supergirl was revealed, I thought that was just a female Flash. At first I was a little miffed that she wasn't blonde, but you know there have been two blonde Supergirls on screen and both were pretty bad, so hey good luck to her. Her suit looks pretty cool from what I've seen, they gave her a muscle suit.

Lastly, man its sad that DC is late to the party yet again with the multiverse stuff even though this movie has been in production much longer than No Way Home.

Reactions: gorfias

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Next up, Black Adam

Hey, doesn't look bad at all. I expected Black Adam to be brutal, but I didn't think he'd electrocute a dude down to his bones. Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate sounds awesome, the dude who's in every Netflix romance garbage as Atom Smasher sounds less awesome.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
And last from me, Shazam: Fury of the Gods

I liked Shazam, but not exactly raring to see this one in cinemas. I think his costume looks a little worse as well, with that tiny little lighting bolt.

Anyway, I find it weird we're getting all these little sneak peeks and teaser trailers instead of actual trailers from DC Fandome. Like what I said in the video game news thread, we've all more or less seen this shit from the previous Fandome. If they announced anything actually new, I have no idea.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Mob Psycho Season 3! Probably one of my favorite animes of the past few years. I wish One Punch Man got this treatment. Mob Psycho has been so reliably good that I didn't bother checking out the manga (if there even is one) like I did with OPM.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Mob Psycho does have a manga and it is amazing:
5E8D31F5-00D8-493F-B7F4-9B68851B1607.jpeg

That said, it didn't get another artist to remake it like OPM did. Which I personally think is good: I honestly think the absolutely gorgeous art of the remade OPM detracts from the story a bit.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

This looks so dumb, I love it. I'll take any cartoon that's not trying to look like Rick and Morty these days.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This looks so dumb, I love it. I'll take any cartoon that's not trying to look like Rick and Morty these days.
That's that's what happens when you have a big hit. You get plenty of others that are trying to play follow the leader. Remember how many shows tried to copy and imitate South Park after it became successful?

In Rick and Morty's case, aren't there at least two different shows done by the same guy, where he uses the exact same art style? I know one of them is Star Trek: Below Deck.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Im Rick and Morty's case, aren't there at least two different shows done by the same guy where he uses the exact same art style? I know one of them is Star Trek: Below Deck.
The other is Solar Opposites. Good show, but man, looks like so much of the same.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Jesus Christ. Really not something that should still be happening. Can't help but think that this is a consequence of production employees being treated terribly, of course mistakes like this will be made if people can't even go to the bathroom or get any sleep.

EDIT: Darn, really can't get articles to show up properly. "Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Crew Member With Prop Firearm on Film Set, Authorities Say". Really terrible thing to have on your conscience.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Jesus Christ. Really not something that should still be happening. Can't help but think that this is a consequence of production employees being treated terribly, of course mistakes like this will be made if people can't even go to the bathroom or get any sleep.

EDIT: Darn, really can't get articles to show up properly. "Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Crew Member With Prop Firearm on Film Set, Authorities Say". Really terrible thing to have on your conscience.
Isn't that how Brandon Lee died?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Aye. I don't particularly like Alec Baldwin, but that is a burden no one should have to bear. Tho of course it is not his fault, it's the weapons master's. It's their responsibility to ensure shit like this doesn't happen, and this should end their career.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Aye. I don't particularly like Alec Baldwin, but that is a burden no one should have to bear. Tho of course it is not his fault, it's the weapons master's. It's their responsibility to ensure shit like this doesn't happen, and this should end their career.

On one hand I can agree, but on the other we don’t really know the full story yet. Even a weapon master, or to rephrase I’d assume there’s no protocol in place to have these things under lock and key until the director is readying the clapper board. This could‘ve been a premeditated thing and the gun was intentionally planted by some dipshit (yes, I’m sorry but even if you’re not being treated well on set you don’t sabotage it with deadly weapons that could kill even completely uninvolved people. You quit or organize a strike for decent treatment or something that doesn’t involve murder).

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
On one hand I can agree, but on the other we don’t really know the full story yet. Even a weapon master, or to rephrase I’d assume there’s no protocol in place to have these things under lock and key until the director is readying the clapper board.
There are actually protocols for that. The weapons master is responsible for prepping any weapons and checking them for safety before handing them to the actors just prior to shooting, and likewise taking them back and checking them again when shooting is done.
This could‘ve been a premeditated thing and the gun was intentionally planted by some dipshit (yes, I’m sorry but even if you’re not being treated well on set you don’t sabotage it with deadly weapons that could kill even completely uninvolved people. You quit or organize a strike for decent treatment or something that doesn’t involve murder).
There's a possibility of foul play, but it was much more likely just plain negligence.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes. You would think after something like that, that this would never happen again.
They said that after the Titanic went down. In fairness, a lot of safety was improved, but people still got careless and/or lazy every so often.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Maybe I've just played too many Hitman games, but I just cannot get around how the fuck an obvious movie "prop" for a movie gets loaded with live ammunition by complete mistake in this day and age. Someone had to make the conscious decision to put live ammunition in there at some point, knowing it was still meant to be used as a "prop" like wtf? There shouldn't be a single solitary hint of live ammunition near the bloody thing!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Maybe I've just played too many Hitman games, but I just cannot get around how the fuck an obvious movie "prop" for a movie gets loaded with live ammunition by complete mistake in this day and age. Someone had to make the conscious decision to put live ammunition in there at some point, knowing it was still meant to be used as a "prop" like wtf? There shouldn't be a single solitary hint of live ammunition near the bloody thing!
Could have been a blank? I think the reports said the nature of the ammunition was unknown. Although considering it was people who should be behind the camera, it does sound like live ammunition.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
That's the most famous example I know, yes. But that was from before I was even born, to see something like that still happen today is crazy.
That's something I don't understand, why, in 2021, are they still using practical and dangerous effects when you can find cinematic-quality CGI in commercials for allergy medicine nowadays? A gun with blank ammo is still effectively a weapon; remove the mechanical components and add some flash and bang effects in post, and shit like this doesn't happen.