General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
My, oh my, that looks really stupid. But will it be fun stupid, or just regular stupid

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My, oh my, that looks really stupid. But will it be fun stupid, or just regular stupid
I saw the trailer for this couple of months ago in September. It's an Emmerich disaster movie; they're known for going full stupid.

I'll see it.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Not sure I like the idea of a whole series set in Tatooine, but I actually quite like Temuera Morrison's Boba and frankly I'm just glad for more Star Wars content.
It wouldn't surprise me if the trailer is like from the first three episodes. It's funny though throughout motion picture history how many movies and shows take place a desert because it's so cheap to film there.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It wouldn't surprise me if the trailer is like from the first three episodes. It's funny though throughout motion picture history how many movies and shows take place a desert because it's so cheap to film there.
With that new tech they're using to film the Mandalorian, I would have thought they aren't constrained by such things anymore. But yeah, I think Filoni and Favreau know what they're doing. I think we'll be seeing a lot of the seedy criminal underworld that they planned to make a TV show of way back in the day.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Man I still think this is stupid. It's honestly a little embarrassing to see them tease Venom and Vulture, as if anyone actually cares about a team-up with all three of them.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

Not sure I like the idea of a whole series set in Tatooine, but I actually quite like Temuera Morrison's Boba and frankly I'm just glad for more Star Wars content.
I'll bite. It'll be interesting to see Boba and Fennec building an organized crime empire from nothing, even it is on Tatonie. And any time taking a break from the fucking Jedi/Sith and RGB lightsabers is always nice.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Didn't he die? I expressly remember him getting accidentally getting poked by Han Solo causing his jetpack to malfunction, flying him smack into the side of a hovership, and then falling into a giant ant lion to get eaten for, like, a thousand years. Guess he climbed out?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Didn't he die? I expressly remember him getting accidentally getting poked by Han Solo causing his jetpack to malfunction, flying him smack into the side of a hovership, and then falling into a giant ant lion to get eaten for, like, a thousand years. Guess he climbed out?
Probably exploded his way out, considering he somehow managed to lose his armor in the process. Or maybe the sheer willpower of thousands of fanboys lifted him from the sarlacc, stripped him, and plopped him in some sand dune.

And any time taking a break from the fucking Jedi/Sith and RGB lightsabers is always nice.
After Visions, I do feel pretty damn lightsabered out.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
He got better.

I'm not kidding. They don't bother to explain how he survived, just that he somehow did. Unless they put that in a comic book or something.

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I watched the new Morbius Trailer, before I start doing my google-fu anybody notice how hard they're pushing the "DONT WORRY GUYS THIS IS A MARVEL FILM" narrative in the trailer?

That said it looks a lot better than the early stuff. I'm betting Kevin swooped in to try and save this dumpster fire. Reminds of that interview that came out recently where Kevin made Amy Pascal cry when they started planning Spider-man homecoming. "Thats some great ideas you and sony have amy, but lets just throw all that in trash." - paraphrasing.

Ah yeah I think Marvel did step in clean this mess up.

Post-production
In September 2019, Sony announced a new agreement with Disney that extended a previous deal to have Marvel Studios and its president Kevin Feige produce a sequel to Far From Home, keeping Spider-Man in Marvel's shared universe, the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). As part of the new agreement, Feige stated that moving forward the MCU's Spider-Man would be able to "cross cinematic universes" and appear in Sony's own shared universe as well.[39] This interaction was said to be "a 'call and answer' between the two franchises as they acknowledge details between the two in what would loosely be described as a shared detailed universe".[40] The film's first trailer, released in January 2020, included an image of Spider-Man that commentators equated to the Sam Raimi-directed Spider-Man films, though it appeared to be used as a reference to the ending of Far From Home.[41] The trailer also included a brief appearance by Michael Keaton, reprising his role as Adrian Toomes / Vulture from the co-produced Marvel Studios Spider-Man film, Spider-Man: Homecoming.[14][42] At that time, Sony also revealed that Art Marcum and Matt Holloway had made uncredited contributions to the film's script.[43][44]

Reshoots for the film began in Los Angeles by early February 2020,[45] and were finished a month later when film productions around the United States were halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[46] At the end of March, the film's release date was pushed back to March 19, 2021, due to the pandemic closing theaters around the world.[47] In January 2021, the film was delayed again, first to October 8, 2021, and then to January 21, 2022, when No Time to Die was moved to the October 2021 date.[48] At the end of January 2021, Leto revealed that additional reshoots were taking place in mid-February.[49] The film's release was moved back another week at the end of April 2021, moving to January 28, 2022.[48]

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

I would be completely fine with no future Star Wars ever revisiting Tatooine. How did a planet from the sparsely populated Outer Rim ever become so important?

I'm not a fan of Boba Fett. To me, he is still the uninteresting henchman with five lines who died like a *****. Oh, I'm sorry, fell into the sarlaac like a *****. In comic relief fashion. Gonna be pretty jarring to then watch the inevitable scene of him escape the sarlaac, like a badass. From ***** to badass with no self-awareness. I wonder what the point of The Mandalorian even was if we now get another show with another Mandalorian in the same kind of costume. The outfit should have stayed exclusive to him rather than become the look of his entire people. Never watched the second season. Didn't wanna pay the sub for something that was just fine.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I would be completely fine with no future Star Wars ever revisiting Tatooine. How did a planet from the sparsely populated Outer Rim ever become so important?

I'm not a fan of Boba Fett. To me, he is still the uninteresting henchman with five lines who died like a *****. Oh, I'm sorry, fell into the sarlaac like a *****. In comic relief fashion. Gonna be pretty jarring to then watch the inevitable scene of him escape the sarlaac, like a badass. From ***** to badass with no self-awareness. I wonder what the point of The Mandalorian even was if we now get another show with another Mandalorian in the same kind of costume. The outfit should have stayed exclusive to him rather than become the look of his entire people. Never watched the second season. Didn't wanna pay the sub for something that was just fine.
It's funny how Agent Hunk is the Resident Evil equivalent of Boba Fett, yet does more by comparison and actually survives. Hunk doesn't do that much either in the grand scheme of things, yet everyone loves them for being a badass.