General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I disagree with the take on no lightsabers always being a plus. It would be nice to watch a Star Wars series focusing on what Star Wars is about, knights and magic. The sequel movies were so limited by being part of the Skywalker saga and lasting only two hours each.

Yes, I know there are the cartoons, but I never watched any but Genndy's because I don't care for any of the other art styles. The CG makes everything look so wooden, especially the hair. Visions' designs have a lot of the worst traits of modern anime.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
It's funny how Agent Hunk is the Resident Evil equivalent of Boba Fett, yet does more by comparison and actually survives. Hunk doesn't do that much either in the grand scheme of things, yet everyone loves them for being a badass.
Well, if we factor in the EU, then obviously Fett is more developed than HUNK, but if we're looking straight at the movies...

Yeah, I've never understood Fett's popularity in the context of the OT. He spends the first two movies doing nothing, and the third movie trying to do something and failing against a man who's got blurred vision. HUNK, at least, survives, and accomplishes something, and even has some defined characteristics (usually the sole survivour of missions, hence the nickname Mr. Death, is a bit of a sociopath, etc.) Not deep by any means, but against Fett? Yeah, Hunk's actually the better defined character.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
(usually the sole survivour of missions, hence the nickname Mr. Death, is a bit of a sociopath, etc.)
There is no bit of a sociopath. The original version in RE2 and Umbrella Chronicles is a sociopath of the soldier/mission comes first variety. "This is war. Survival is your responsibility." Not as big as say Wesker or Nicholai, but this is a man that served Umbrella to almost a religious degree. They did tone down his sociopathy in the RE2Remake though.

Reactions: Hawki

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

So the video isn't actually news, but it's where I learned that Eternals is not only officially the lowest ranked MCU movie on Rotten Tomatoes, but the only "Rotten" MCU movie as well. It's currently at a 48%, lower than it was when the video was released.

I can't really comment on Eternals, as big daddy Disney has deemed us unfit to view their creations, but it is kinda crazy to think that the MCU hasn't gotten a single Rotten score until now. There are quite a few MCU movies that I think probably deserve this arbitrary dishonor, which really makes me wonder just why Eternals pissed off this many critics.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So the video isn't actually news, but it's where I learned that Eternals is not only officially the lowest ranked MCU movie on Rotten Tomatoes, but the only "Rotten" MCU movie as well. It's currently at a 48%, lower than it was when the video was released.

I can't really comment on Eternals, as big daddy Disney has deemed us unfit to view their creations, but it is kinda crazy to think that the MCU hasn't gotten a single Rotten score until now. There are quite a few MCU movies that I think probably deserve this arbitrary dishonor, which really makes me wonder just why Eternals pissed off this many critics.
I never even worry about Rotten Tomatoes, and I find the website not useful much. There are plenty of MCU films, mainly Phase 2, that deserves to have the rotten score. But with that said, opinion changes, and you're not gonna find many defenders of Iron Man 2. I plan on seeing Eternals on the weekend, but I am expecting a good time. I find most film critics unreliable and dead weight. Most of them are stuck up too far in their anal holes to give proper criticism.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I never even worry about Rotten Tomatoes, and I find the website not useful much. There are plenty of MCU films, mainly Phase 2, that deserves to have the rotten score. But with that said, opinion changes, and you're not gonna find many defenders of Iron Man 2. I plan on seeing Eternals on the weekend, but I am expecting a good time. I find most film critics unreliable and dead weight. Most of them are stuck up too far in their anal holes to give proper criticism.
I generally don't pay attention to Rotten Tomatoes as well, ever since I learned what the Tomato Score actually is. That said, for a film to dip below fresh into rotten is pretty significant. Oh well, better to go into Eternals not expecting much.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

This is somewhat old news, but I am glad I stopped watching those guys are 2016ish. I did not watch that many, but when stories started surfing around 2019, and a lot of the former teens on reaction described the discrimination on set (and all quit because of said discrimination), those two assholes and those at top can fuck off. Then again, this is the dynamic dimwitted duo who tried and failed to copyright the word, react. Greedy butt-fucks are what those Fine Bros are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_McMillan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Woohooo.

Glad you all want to make up, still not seeing your movies anymore. Enjoy the live action fanfiction.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
He got better.

I'm not kidding. They don't bother to explain how he survived, just that he somehow did. Unless they put that in a comic book or something.
Now, to be fair, do they really need to? We are talking about a character wearing a jetpack, packing wrist mounted rocket launchers and is inside of a creature that takes 1000 years to digest a small, person sized object.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
You know Kylo Ren wants more.
Fuck I cant watch a single scene from that movie without it making me hate it even...moar.

I was just pondering how bizarre it must be for Temuera Morrison coming back to Star Wars. I remember at the time of Attack of the clones, even in the released development videos, Lucas and crew were just kinda throwing shit at a wall and ended deciding to do a Boba Fett original story cause why not and randomly cast Temuera for what was essentially a bit part and he dies at the end rather anticlimactically which left star wars fans pretty disappointed. For a brief period there was a high expectation that Temuera, Jango and Boba would become like an integral player in more star wars movies. spin-off etc and then it all just kinda died off and Temuera went off back to blue collar acting. It must be so strange to have it all escalate 15 someaught years later. His agent must of been so excited to call him out of the blue. Like "hey remember that role you green screened for like 5 minutes a million years ago? YOURE GETTING A TV SERIES"

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Fuck I cant watch a single scene from that movie without it making me hate it even...moar.

I was just pondering how bizarre it must be for Temuera Morrison coming back to Star Wars. I remember at the time of Attack of the clones, even in the released development videos, Lucas and crew were just kinda throwing shit at a wall and ended deciding to do a Boba Fett original story cause why not and randomly cast Temuera for what was essentially a bit part and he dies at the end rather anticlimactically which left star wars fans pretty disappointed. For a brief period there was a high expectation that Temuera, Jango and Boba would become like an integral player in more star wars movies. spin-off etc and then it all just kinda died off and Temuera went off back to blue collar acting. It must be so strange to have it all escalate 15 someaught years later. His agent must of been so excited to call him out of the blue. Like "hey remember that role you green screened for like 5 minutes a million years ago? YOURE GETTING A TV SERIES"
So, I should point out that the clip has been edited for comedic purposes (the real version only lasts about 10 seconds), I used this one because it's funnier to me (especially when we cut back to our heroes hiding out and they can hear Kylo wanting more).

As for Morrison, it's not like he was only Jango for those five minutes. He was also the voice of Cody and the various troopers in the third movie, was redubbed into Empire, and was the voice for the clones in most of the videogames (mainly the Battlefront games).

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Some images from the upcoming Spider-Man movie got leaked, one perhaps confirming a big rumor, the other a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one:

If Charlie Cox is apparently back as Matt Murdock, maybe Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin too?
There's been rumors he's to appear in the Hawkeye show, but nothing concrete.
That's assuming they're real, of course.

Last edited:

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Can someone explain this? Cuz I only know Paul Rudd as the dopey comic relief from the MCU.
Ant-man, more like, Ab-Man!

But seriously, I'd say he's pretty attractive. Especially considering the man is old enough to be my dad. Doesn't hurt that he's got a great sense of humor. Plenty enough of my female (and I suppose some male) friends think he deserved the award.

Mister Mumbler

Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Can someone explain this? Cuz I only know Paul Rudd as the dopey comic relief from the MCU.
Because he was also Brian Fantana from the Anchorman movies as well;

Anyway, trailer and release date (Dec 1st) for the new season of Its Always Sunny;