General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Can someone explain this? Cuz I only know Paul Rudd as the dopey comic relief from the MCU.
He's a very conventionaly handsome man.
He also seems to be a chill, funny guy from his interviews.
I'd say it was a very safe choice they made.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I think we can all agree Jared Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad was contentious, but it could've been worse:
It's funny that David Ayer is trying to play it like he's another Zack Snyder, who's artistic masterpiece of a movie was drowned by studio interference, when more than likely "his" Suicide Squad was just as bad an idea as what we got in theaters.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Just a rumour, but meh. Would have much preferred if Nakia took the mantle. Nothing against the guy, but this isn't very interesting.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
They better keep the theme song. Oh, and no remix or rearrangement. Keep that shit unchanged.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
They better keep the theme song. Oh, and no remix or rearrangement. Keep that shit unchanged.
You know it’s funny; as much as I have fond memories of this show - it’s version of Gambit is still the yardstick by which I judge all others - my other clear memory of it is basically stoping watching it when the Phoenix saga starts. It’s the only version of the adaptation that’s any good - Looking at you, X3 and Dark Phoenix - and yet it’s still boring and insufferable to watch.

So it isn’t like there’s no room for improvement.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
The next Transformers movie has been delayed due to 2023 along with Star Trek 4.

Also according to the resident pessimist of the live action transformers films from tfw2005 (You know who you are if you’re reading this...jackass). The film’s villains the Terrorcons could be the bayverse Autobots from a corrupted future. This movie is also a direct sequel to bumblebee Incase anyone forgot.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Actually we don’t know if the film is a total reboot of the bay films or not.
I know Bumblebee acted as a prequel to the Bayverse, but everyone hated Transformers 5 so much, that Hasbro and Universal are trying to distance themselves from it. If rumors are believed to be true. Bay does not want to come back either, and I have no issues with his permanent leave to do his own projects. The better the distance/universal retconning, the better.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
I know Bumblebee acted as a prequel to the Bayverse, but everyone hated Transformers 5 so much, that Hasbro and Universal are trying to distance themselves from it. If rumors are believed to be true. Bay does not want to come back either, and I have no issues with his permanent leave to do his own projects. The better the distance/universal retconning, the better.
He is still a producer for the movie and actually was involved for 1 action scene. One of the producers for the movie Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, made contradictory comments regarding where Bumblebee and Transformers Rise of the Beasts were actually part of a rebooted universe or were in the bayverse.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
He is still a producer for the movie and actually was involved for 1 action scene. One of the producers for the movie Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, made contradictory comments regarding where Bumblebee and Transformers Rise of the Beasts were actually part of a rebooted universe or were in the bayverse.
We'll wait and see, because right now it's "he says, she says, they say" bullshit.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Exactly! I’ve been cautiously optimistic regarding this film, but whenever Lorenzo opens his mouth , he puts his foot in it.
They really should give that squawk box that walks like a person his golden handshake and get rid of him. The man is detrimental to the films public perception.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I hope Vin Diesel is okay

Jesus Christ, I hope this is a PR thing or at the very least a shitpost, because if not... I don't think Vin Diesel is right in the head. I was listening to a podcast where they talked about this while walking. Thankfully no one else was around, because they'd have seen me spasming from the cringe overload.

EDIT: For those who don't want to open Instagram
1637033359717.png

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hope Vin Diesel is okay

Jesus Christ, I hope this is a PR thing or at the very least a shitpost, because if not... I don't think Vin Diesel is right in the head. I was listening to a podcast where they talked about this while walking. Thankfully no one else was around, because they'd have seen me spasming from the cringe overload.

EDIT: For those who don't want to open Instagram
PR or not, still not seeing the fan fiction sequels. Vin Disel, just make another Riddick or something else. Either works fine.