General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Eggers is back! Reuniting with Anna Taylor-Joy and Dafoe too! And, err... *squints eyes* ...Bjork? Cannae wait!

Lol, this looks so insanely stupid, but with any luck, the kind of insanely stupid that's also just fun to watch unfold.

Absolutely hate the Bad Moon Rising remix tho
Yeah, am a little curious on that one even if only for the simplistic pleasures of the wtf apocalyptic spectacle of it all. But not without a healthy supply of THC to aid the journey of course.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So there's a lot of rumors going around that the Multiverse of Madness reshoots are so they can make the movie as crossover-y as No Way Home. And honestly, I don't see how they could possibly make me care as much as they did in No Way Home. I never gave two shits about the X-men movies or the Fantastic Four movies. Maybe it would be a little fun to see Hugh Jackman's Wolverine (but post-Logan? hmmm) and Nicholas Cage's Ghost Rider.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It's shit.
Not that I'm surprised aboutyour reaction, but can you please wait for a trailer first? Granted, it wouldn't do much good. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm going to give it a chance, unless there's something you know that I don't.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Don't like heavy blue on gold pattern and don't like the padding and looseness. Just looks like a biker suit. I expected stupid armor, but this isn't much better. I wanted sensual and cute.

Knew that wasn't going to happen in a million years, though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Don't like heavy blue on gold pattern and don't like the padding and looseness. Just looks like a biker suit. I expected stupid armor, but this isn't much better. I wanted sensual and cute.

Knew that wasn't going to happen in a million years, though.
I remember you're rant from before. I already knew it was not going to be anything similar to The Animated Series, nor the comics that don't feature her armored up.I am still going to give it a chance. Still looks better than her costume in Batman & Robin. No offense to Joel Schumacher (may you rest in peace you wonderful film maker), but yeah, nearly everyone's costume is tacky in that. Though you can mostly blame WB for that one. The only reason the costumes in that movie don't bother me much is because I am so used to it.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I remember you're rant from before. I already knew it was not going to be anything similar to The Animated Series, nor the comics that don't feature her armored up.I am still going to give it a chance. Still looks better than her costume in Batman & Robin. No offense to Joel Schumacher (may you rest in peace you wonderful film maker), but yeah, nearly everyone's costume is tacky in that. Though you can mostly blame WB for that one. The only reason the costumes in that movie don't bother me much is because I am so used to it.
Well, I'm not used to it, because I only watch a live action superhero movie every several years. Could count the ones I've seen since The Dark Knight Rises on one hand. They didn't have to totally de-feminize her.

Majestic_Manatee

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2017
Country
Wales
Well, I'm not used to it, because I only watch a live action superhero movie every several years. Could count the ones I've seen since The Dark Knight Rises on one hand. They didn't have to totally de-feminize her.
Could you define "de-feminize" please?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
So it's breasts then.
In part. You wanna reduce excessive bagginess and padding that takes away from the character's form and makes her look less like a comic superhero. Otherwise, everything just looks too ordinary, like a race car driver with a cape. Even the more modest comic versions of her that they seem to have taken inspiration from showed her feminine form more. Her pants were slim and her jacket was slimmer than the above.

Why make a comic book movie if you're so uncomfortable with the look that's in almost all of them?

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
And just to clear this sexism angle you're aiming at, this goes for Batman too. I've already said that all the armor on him in almost all the live action versions, going back to Burton's movies, is lame and they should go for a more theatrical (in the classical sense) look, meaning a tighter suit that shows his muscles more.

This looks theatrical. The live action versions look like they're embarrassed to be superhero movies. Probably loud for a ninja too. I'd love to see on set making of footage that shows how clangy the new suit is.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I just want DC movies to look like Alex Ross' art

Can we have the classic look of Superheroes in both DC and Marvel please?

Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Has Sophie Turner ever played a fun character? I've only seen her in Game of Thrones. If she's blonde, her skin color is perfect for a redhead. There don't seem to be many young, pretty redheads in the movies. Not young enough to play Batgirl anyway.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They didn't have to totally de-feminize her.
I don't see it. She looks how Barbara looks in purple with the next picture you posted afterward. At least wait until we see it in motion with the trailer. Until then, I'll refrain from judgement. So far I am not seeing any issues. I am eager to watch, and curious.

You're best bet is an animated movie or TV show with a great budget. Look, I appreciate awesome art and proper costume accuracy and representation, not everything needs to bat for "a 1000% it has to be this way or DIE!" Be happy we actually have colorful costumes, and not the late 90s/early 2000s where a good amount of comic book has their heroes wear black. Less they be not taken seriously or seen as "too goofy".

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

Can we have the classic look of Superheroes in both DC and Marvel please?
But that's not serious enough.

rev_1_TBM_SS_PD_0340rv2_High_Res_JPEG.png

Riddler looks like a gimp, but at least I can feel like an adult while I'm watching The Batman. Being gritty and dark makes it important.

I also think it has a small part to do with most superhero actors not wanting to work out much. Most don't have the muscles to make those suits look good.