General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Sick and tired of DC news. For some reason facebook has decided that I wanna slurp on Zack Snyder's testicles and now boomer-meme level DC posts are all I see on my feed. I don't know if Snyder himself is funding all these bots, but there's no way in hell this is all authentic behavior. I can only imagine how bad it would be if I was still on Twitter.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Reactions: BrawlMan

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I am loving this already. It's something different, it's not another tournament, and Kenji gets his own Elseworld spin-off! Thank you!
Kind of fitting. The MK games pretty much stopped being about the tournament after the second game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Kind of fitting. The MK games pretty much stopped being about the tournament after the second game.
I mean more so in terms of adaptions. Every adaption recently has been a rehash of either 1, a combination of 2-3, or a mediocre adaption. The two animated movies that have come out recently are good, but it's nice to have something different and be good. You can only rehash the same tournament/threat to the end of world so many times before it gets redundant and predictable.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I mean more so in terms of adaptions. Every adaption recently has been a rehash of either 1, a combination of 2-3, or a mediocre adaption. The two animated movies that have come out recently are good, but it's nice to have something different and be good. You can only rehash the same tournament/threat to the end of world so many times before it gets redundant and predictable.
There are a decent number of characters in tbe games to tell smaller scale stories with. Unfortunately, these adaptations tend to use them for cannon fodder. Li Mei from the last animated movie comes to mind as an example.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
https://www.avclub.com/the-fbi-has-completed-its-analysis-of-the-rust-shooting-1849407487

The FBI has now completed its forensic analysis of the Rust shooting that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza last year, The L.A. Times reports. Although the contents of the Bureau’s report haven’t been disclosed to the public, it’s still being viewed as a key milestone in the investigation into Hutchins’ death on the set of the low-budget Western, as New Mexico police were waiting to continue their own process until the FBI’s tests were completed.

The crux of the investigation, of course, will be who, if anyone, the police will be pursuing charges against over the incident—which occurred on October 21, 2021, and during which a gun in actor Alec Baldwin’s hand discharged while it was pointed at Hutchins, with a live round that had somehow made its way onto the film’s set firing, killing her and wounding Souza. Baldwin, also a producer on the film, has denied any responsibility for the accident, and instead pushed for investigations into how the live round made its way onto the set. Baldwin has reportedly been cooperating with New Mexico police, including providing his cell phone to them for investigation.

As we near the one-year anniversary of Hutchins’ death, the legal case surrounding Rust doesn’t seem much less murky than the confusing aftermath of the event itself. Multiple civil suits now surround the case, several of them from crew members on the production, who are accusing higher-ups of negligence; armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who was responsible for firearms on the film’s set, is also suing the company that provided the ammo to her, and Hutchins’ family is suing Baldwin, Gutierrez-Reed, and several other people involved in the production in a wrongful death suit.

The hope, presumably, is that the FBI analysis might clear up some of the questions surrounding Hutchins’ death—and allow a better understanding of how the events that led up to it were set in motion.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010