General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Plenty of other news coming out of D23, but this is the one that actually made me hyped.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

The return of the king.

Altho Andor actually looks pretty good, or at the very least, visually doesn't look ass like Bobs Fett and Kenobi.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am surprised they're rebooting this into a TV series. The original movies are awful, and walking talking, annoying black stereotype throughout both three movies that weren't in any of the original novels. The author hated the movies. I was never a fan of this franchise at all, but best of luck of going a more serious direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I am surprised they're rebooting this into a TV series. The original movies are awful, and walking talking, annoying black stereotype throughout all three movies that weren't in any of the original novels. The author hated the movies. I was never a fan of this franchise at all, but best of luck of going a more serious direction.
The author is involved in the making of the show, so there's some hope.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I am surprised they're rebooting this into a TV series. The original movies are awful, and walking talking, annoying black stereotype throughout all three movies that weren't in any of the original novels. The author hated the movies. I was never a fan of this franchise at all, but best of luck of going a more serious direction.
The author made sure to be directly involved with the series for a reason. He learned from his mistake. Also, there were only two movies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The author made sure to be directly involved with the series for a reason. He learned from his mistake. Also, there were only two movies.
I could have sworn there were three. Hmm, goes to show how crappy those movies are that they could only get two of them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am surprised they're doing a TV series. I only really cared about the first movie. The second movie is more of the same, but even more convolted and not as interesting. I will give the TV series credit going for a mostly new cast, but I have zero interest in this.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The Depp-Heard trial to become a movie

If ever there was an argument in favour of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" it is this. There's sod all worthwhile drama to wring from it since they both come across as shitty - although Heard is the bigger shit by a furlong or three for sure - and you can't make some of the already outrageously stupid shit funny by exaggerating it.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
The Depp-Heard trial to become a movie

If ever there was an argument in favour of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" it is this. There's sod all worthwhile drama to wring from it since they both come across as shitty - although Heard is the bigger shit by a furlong or three for sure - and you can't make some of the already outrageously stupid shit funny by exaggerating it.
Heard seems like the bigger shit if you ignore everything Depp has been doing up until he met her.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Heard seems like the bigger shit if you ignore everything Depp has been doing up until he met her.
I’m talking contextually about the case. Prior character isn’t anything that is taken into account during trials like this. Or so I understand it. Either way, all I see are two shitheads who had enough individual financial security to walk out the fucking door at the drop of a hat, any hat, and neither did.

And I’m still bitter neither are serving time at His Majesty’s pleasure in one of MY country’s jails for their flagrant violation of our quarantine and Biosecurity laws.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
I’m talking contextually about the case. Prior character isn’t anything that is taken into account during trials like this. Or so I understand it. Either way, all I see are two shitheads who had enough individual financial security to walk out the fucking door at the drop of a hat, any hat, and neither did.

And I’m still bitter neither are serving time at His Majesty’s pleasure in one of MY country’s jails for their flagrant violation of our quarantine and Biosecurity laws.
Throughout this trial, only one person resorted to using a deranged fan base to harass and target people, was indifferent when that fanbase went after their own daughter, had texts talking about raping a woman's corpse after murdering them, texts confirming by their own staff confirming they were abusive and repeatedly lied about doing drugs.

Again, a lot about Depp has to be ignored to come to the conclusion Heard is as bad or worse. And one of the reasons guys like this get away with this crap is because people think their victims aren't victims despite all evidence to the contrary. We're already seeing this happen with Marlyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood.

Reactions: Thaluikhain