Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Have to admit, a little disappointed that it seems Shuri is the new Black Panther. I thought Nakia would have been a much better choice.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Have to admit, a little disappointed that it seems Shuri is the new Black Panther. I thought Nakia would have been a much better choice.
Most fans and audiences were hoping or predicting Shuri for years, to be the next generation Panther. Even before Chadwick Bosman's untimely death. I honestly don't have a problem with it, nor will most of audience. As long as the movie is good, that is all that matters to me. I have no worries or concerns.

Reactions: Cicada 5

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Most fans and audiences were hoping or predicting Shuri for years, to be the next generation Panther. Even before Chadwick Bosman's untimely death. I honestly don't have a problem with it, nor will most of audience. As long as the movie is good, that is all that matters to me. I have no worries or concerns.
It looks like Shuri is going to be more of a high-tech Black Panther than a magic-herb super soldier Black Panther.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Oh FFS. They wanted to shoot a night scene, and typically night scenes aren’t all that bright; especially ones on location that wouldn’t naturally be well lit let alone have artificial light sources. We saw as much as we needed to, provided any TV with decent black levels.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Looks like the new Bleach series is going to be streamed on Disney+ in some locations. The Mouse is getting his paws on some weeb shit huh? I wonder if they're going to produce proprietary anime. That should be an interesting experiment.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Looks like the new Bleach series is going to be streamed on Disney+ in some locations. The Mouse is getting his paws on some weeb shit huh? I wonder if they're going to produce proprietary anime. That should be an interesting experiment.
Yeah that shit took me by surprise. They’ll probably stick it under Star, that’s where all the non-Disney and more adult themed shit goes.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
https://www.avclub.com/sherlock-holmes-watson-cbs-elementary-medical-drama-1849612179

Deadline explains that Watson takes place in a different contemporary Sherlock Holmes universe, one where the famous detective has already been killed by his nemesis, Moriarty.

With no opium-addicted detective’s coattails to hang off of, Watson becomes “the head of a clinic dedicated to treating rare disorders.” But don’t get too comfortable, because Deadline goes on to say that “Watson’s old life isn’t done with him, though—Moriarty and Watson are set to write their own chapter of a story that has fascinated audiences for more than a century.” That means it’s a medical drama… with an evil villain involved in some way! That’s not a bad hook!

Of course, proper Baker Street Irregulars will know that Sherlock Holmes getting killed Moriarty is a thing from the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle stories, and the only thing more famous than Sherlock Holmes getting killed in one of the stories is that Sherlock Holmes came back in one of the other stories. It happened in Sherlock, it happened in the Robert Downey Jr. movies, it happened in Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century, it even happened on Elementary! So, you know, don’t be surprised when he eventually comes back on Watson as well.

Watson is currently in development at CBS, and in addition to Sweeny, its team of executive producers includes Shäron Moalem, a real geneticist and physician who apparently discovered hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia-renal defect syndrome and nephronopthisis-associated ciliopathy. We don’t know what that means and we won’t look it up, but it sounds like the kind of résumé detail that will be helpful if he’s working on a show about medical mysteries.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It looks like Shuri is going to be more of a high-tech Black Panther than a magic-herb super soldier Black Panther.
In the world of the MCU does it even matter anymore? Any shmuck can just wear one of those nano-tech suits and they can go toe-to-toe with Captain America. All that Stark tech really balls'd up the super strength appeal of superheroes in this universe.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Velma has been officially queer since at least 2010.
Yep. I have not forgotten Incorporated. It's been too long, but I thought they did play some ambiguity/fan-wank at least in the beginning of that version of the series.

Unofficially probably much much longer.
The first time I heard about the Velma is lesbian talk, I was about either 12 or 13.

Also a fun fact: That series is how I learned Ska music was a thing(yes, I'm behind the times here).
I don't even remember this scene. Love the reggae.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It begins...

Who going to win the battle on the silver screen.

Once again, it's Sega vs. Nintendo.