General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Ah, that's the dude who recently said adults don't like animation. Perfect fit for Disney.

EDIT: actually no, that ways the previous guy, Bob Chapek. Mea culpa. In my defence, ceos tend to blur into a rancid interchangeable soup.

"Over time, I started listening less and maybe with a little less tolerance of other people's opinions, maybe because of getting a little bit more overconfident in my own, which is sometimes what happens when you get built up," Iger told CNBC's David Faber in an exclusive interview.

1669078185268.jpeg

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

I’m sure it will be impressive to see in theaters but I’m really not feeling a “wow” factor from either of the two trailers so far. Most of the footage is just riding creatures either in the air or water, some fire and a really big whale of some sort.

Anyways, this is pretty much as expected -

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

It’s ironically cool that a guitarist from a band named Dr. Feelgood survived pancreatic cancer and wound up with a renewed zest for life. Glad he had a few more years to enjoy it. RIP

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

I’m sure it will be impressive to see in theaters but I’m really not feeling a “wow” factor from either of the two trailers so far. Most of the footage is just riding creatures either in the air or water, some fire and a really big whale of some sort.

Anyways, this is pretty much as expected -
Drinker thinks it likely will flop.

It has its challenges. 1) It needs to make End Game $ to be a real smash hit. 2) Yes, CGI has gotten better in the last dozen years since the OG but do we care? We won't spend big bucks Just for pretty pictures. Seen em in plenty of other places.

But I've discounted the guy a number of times, even for similar reasons (T2 had the biggest budget by far in its day).

Comes out 12/15. I plan on seeing it in the theater.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Drinker thinks it likely will flop.

It has its challenges. 1) It needs to make End Game $ to be a real smash hit. 2) Yes, CGI has gotten better in the last dozen years since the OG but do we care? We won't spend big bucks Just for pretty pictures. Seen em in plenty of other places.

But I've discounted the guy a number of times, even for similar reasons (T2 had the biggest budget by far in its day).

Comes out 12/15. I plan on seeing it in the theater.
I’m personally betting it’s gonna do business similar to Maverick, maybe a little less. I don’t think it’ll outdo it’s own original or Endgame unless maybe James Cameron just manages to get that magic hook in people’s brain. Again.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

A transformer movie based on beast wars?
That's not directed by Michael Bay?

I might actually go see this!
Holy moly! Late 90s I was pretty entertainment starved. I was working 60-80 hours a week and I was on baby duty in the mornings so I saw zero entertainment for my age group.

In an era of Barney the Dinosaur, this was about the most adult entertainment I got around then! I am jazzed to hear bout this!

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009

A transformer movie based on beast wars?
That's not directed by Michael Bay?

I might actually go see this!
These Transformers look a good deal less complicated/busy than the Bayverse Transformers. Like fewer moving and shifting parts and less alien looking faces

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Looks at thread...

Look, Beast Wars is the only Transformers cartoon I have any remote emotional connection with, but this looks like more of the same:

-Random kid stumbles upon Autobot car? Check.

-DAAARKNESSS is coming to Earth

-My God, Cybertronians have been on Earth for millions of years...again...sort of...(seriously, what the hell is continuity in the live-action forms anymore?), but, I dunno, act surprised or something.

-The DARRRKNESS arrives, and there's a big pew-pew fight

As for Indiana Jones, while it's stock Jones, that's at least a bit more appealing since it's not throwing mindless spectacle at the screen, and at least has an actual character behind its, um, character.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I used a gold coin ATM once. I took out a hundred coins, and it gave me a second lease on life.