General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

A transformer movie based on beast wars?
That's not directed by Michael Bay?

I might actually go see this!

"Beast Wars? WTF is that? No one will get it. We better change it to Rise of The Beasts!"

"Sir, we just named the last 5 hollywood movies RISE, Rise of the Little Witches comes out next week?"

"Trust the algorithm Smithers!"

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
"Beast Wars? WTF is that? No one will get it. We better change it to Rise of The Beasts!"

"Sir, we just named the last 5 hollywood movies RISE, Rise of the Little Witches comes out next week?"

In this age of extinction, beasts will rise to war, under the dark of the moon. The Fallen will find revenge, only for Bumblebee to transform into the Last Knight.

(Oh God, I somehow remember all those names. Help!)

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Oh so the leaks its a time travel movie with Indy and a new girl Indy going back in time to fight Nazis again is true. Which...oh well, guess we know how this one ends...
With lots of Nazi punching, Harrison Ford!Indy dying and handing over to a younger actor playing past!Indy.

I’m okay with most of that.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Please don’t suck

Can we please just step back for a second and acknowledge that theres nothing inherently special about indiana jones?

By that I mean, its just an archeologist whos goes on adventures. The only thing that made indiana jones special was that, at the time, harrison ford was great, the writing was great and the directing was great.

So you take all that out. Old harrison ford, new writers, new directors. The only reason we are even watching this is the name recognition and praying Harrison ford makes it work.

Im so fucking tired of this!

Make a new goddamn franchise already. Hell they already did this with "The Mummy". Good acting, good, writing, good directing!

Thats literally all it takes. I dont need another goddamn indiana jones movie. The milking needs to fucking stop. Its so pathetic.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The only reason we are even watching this is the name recognition
Name recognition is basically free advertising, the cost of advertising the film is comparable to the rest of the budget, so...

I mean, I agree in principle, but I'm not holding my breath. Even when we get a new franchise like John Wick, the milking just starts again on that.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It's amazing how pretty minor changes make the Transformers look so much more palatable than when Bay was making them. The boxier and simpler designs are much better.

As for Indiana Jones... Idk man, it looks just as CGI heavy as the last one. But we'll see. If there's one thing I loved about the originals, it was how Indy never, never looked out of place. He was always dirty, sweaty, and clearly tired of this shit. Not sure how they can replicate that with a de-aged Harrison Ford.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My God, Cybertronians have been on Earth for millions of years...again...sort of...(seriously, what the hell is continuity in the live-action forms anymore?), but, I dunno, act surprised or something.
With the way this is set up, Bumblebee is pretty much a hard reboot of the series at this point, and everything after it and itself might as well be an alternate continuity from the Bayformers. Makes it much easier to swallow. If Bayformers cares even less about its own continuity, I say let it be for this one.

I am loving the design of the Transformers and this is how it should have been in the first place.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
As for Indiana Jones... Idk man, it looks just as CGI heavy as the last one. But we'll see. If there's one thing I loved about the originals, it was how Indy never, never looked out of place. He was always dirty, sweaty, and clearly tired of this shit. Not sure how they can replicate that with a de-aged Harrison Ford.
At some point Jim Jarmusch is going to film an existential comedy staring Harrison Ford, as Harrison Ford trying to get out of contracts to play to Indiana jones and han solo.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
At some point Jim Jarmusch is going to film an existential comedy staring Harrison Ford, as Harrison Ford trying to get out of contracts to play to Indiana jones and han solo.
Wasn't he all excited to play Indy again? Much more than he was to play Han at least.

OT:

Little late to be bringing in the classic costumes isn't it? Anyway, looks good enough I suppose. I enjoy the Guardians, but they were never my favorite of the MCU like they seem to be for many others. That said, as Gunn's farewell to Marvel, I'm sure he's put out all the stops.

Although I'm 55% sure he's coming back after DC implodes for the nth time.

Reactions: gorfias and Piscian

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Wasn't he all excited to play Indy again? Much more than he was to play Han at least.

OT:

Little late to be bringing in the classic costumes isn't it? Anyway, looks good enough I suppose. I enjoy the Guardians, but they were never my favorite of the MCU like they seem to be for many others. That said, as Gunn's farewell to Marvel, I'm sure he's put out all the stops.

Although I'm 55% sure he's coming back after DC implodes for the nth time.

Goddamn you james gunn, that trailer remix better be on Spotify or Ill haunt your dreams.

Reactions: gorfias

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
By that I mean, its just an archeologist whos goes on adventures. The only thing that made indiana jones special was that, at the time, harrison ford was great, the writing was great and the directing was great.
The practical effects helped a great deal as well. A lot of the shots and scenes felt real because they were really happening and weren’t added in via a computer.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Oh there making a beast war movie, awesome! I always liked beast war way more than other transformer version cause there was no boring human and it was all about the robot, surely they'll keep that going, right? Right!?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Oh there making a beast war movie, awesome! I always liked beast war way more than other transformer version cause there was no boring human
Um, remember those proto-humans that the Predacons tried to wipe out?

Checkmate, pleb! :p

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Can we please just step back for a second and acknowledge that theres nothing inherently special about indiana jones?

So you take all that out. Old harrison ford, new writers, new directors. The only reason we are even watching this is the name recognition and praying Harrison ford makes it work.

Im so fucking tired of this!

Make a new goddamn franchise already. Hell they already did this with "The Mummy". Good acting, good, writing, good directing!

Thats literally all it takes. I dont need another goddamn indiana jones movie. The milking needs to fucking stop. Its so pathetic.

They were complaining about this on the radio this morning too. It’s because nostalgia sells, and apparently there’s no sign of that well running dry yet since there’s so much of it.

They also mentioned preferring more stuff like Cocaine Bear which I guess is actually a thing -

PITA will have their hands full with that one.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

This quote will probably stick with me forever -
“AS A SPECIES, we're fundamentally insane,” Ollie Weeks (Toby Jones) says. “Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?”

Gotta rewatch this soon, as an adult.

Last edited: