Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Wasn't he all excited to play Indy again? Much more than he was to play Han at least.

OT:

Little late to be bringing in the classic costumes isn't it? Anyway, looks good enough I suppose. I enjoy the Guardians, but they were never my favorite of the MCU like they seem to be for many others. That said, as Gunn's farewell to Marvel, I'm sure he's put out all the stops.

Although I'm 55% sure he's coming back after DC implodes for the nth time.
So two points, neither of them remotely important

1.) Looks like Rocket's Otter GF is gonna show up(I only know that because moviebob mentioned it once a long time ago, when I was still watching his videos).
2.) So Drax can wear a shirt? He spent so much time not wearing a shirt earlier that I was convinced he can't or something. And then he's wearing a sweater in the Christmas Special and now a uniform here. I don't know why this is bugging me but it is.

Last edited:

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Im at this weird space where IP name recognition means nothing to me anymore, so many shows about shit I like suck and all the most amazing shows are new ips or things I dont care about so honestly the only reason Im keeping an open mind is because Pedro Pascal is always pretty good. Im hoping hes as good as he was in Prospect

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
2.) So Drax can wear a shirt? He spent so much time not wearing a shirt earlier that I was convinced he can't or something. And then he's wearing a sweater in the Christmas Special and now a uniform here. I don't know why this is bugging me but it is.
Bautista is clearly tired of all the makeup lol

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why not just air the trailer unexpectedly? I know it's to build hype, but they could do a better job.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

This quote will probably stick with me forever -
“AS A SPECIES, we're fundamentally insane,” Ollie Weeks (Toby Jones) says. “Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?”

Gotta rewatch this soon, as an adult.
Writers tend to hate the adaptations that come to the screen but I think King thought this one was an improvement. The ending is original and quite mind blowing.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So if reports are to be believed, Wonder Woman 3 is canceled.

Honestly, don't feel like it's much of a loss. WW84 ruined the substantial goodwill I had for Gadot's version of the character.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Honestly, don't feel like it's much of a loss. WW84 ruined the substantial goodwill I had for Gadot's version of the character.
I'm gonna be one of the only people on planet Earth who is disappointed by this, but by fucking Christ, WB have got the almost literal First Lady of Comic Book Superheroines, closer than not to one hundred years worth of material to draw on - and as much of the Greek mythology free ideas bucket as they want - and there's been a grand total of one decent tv show and two good movies.

Oh well, I'll always have the No-Man's Land scene. They at least managed to give the character a moment that will likely stick in the broader popular culture. Maybe I'll get another one of these movies when I'm like, 80 or something.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

DC films are a bit of a mess, hey? Fancy that.
I am not exactly happy, but I am not surprised with the way WB-Discovery is now heading. WW84 is flawed, but I understand why some people didn't like it. Whatever mistakes 84 made, the third film could have course corrected or ironed out. As much as I enjoyed Black Adam, what I said before about the company remains true. Once the next Shazam movie comes out next year, I might be more or less done. WB-Discovery getting rid of anyone with authority who are non-White or female are an instant fuck off on my list. It's a shame, because Henry Cavill is back as Superman. Which makes me wonder how they're gonna even bring Wonder Woman or Gal Gadot back.

I'm gonna be one of the only people on planet Earth who is disappointed by this, but by fucking Christ, WB have got the almost literal First Lady of Comic Book Superheroines, closer than not to one hundred years worth of material to draw on - and as much of the Greek mythology free ideas bucket as they want - and there's been a grand total of one decent tv show and two good movies.
You are never alone. I know my parents are not going to be happy when they find out this news. I'll give them a minute and let them find out on their own.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
WB-Discovery getting rid of anyone with authority who are non-White or female are an instant fuck off on my list. It's a shame, because Henry Cavill is back as Superman. Which makes me wonder how they're gonna even bring Wonder Woman or Gal Gadot back.
I will say that it is pretty suspicious that Batgirl and Wonder Woman get the boot while apparently awful Ezra Miller gets to prance about as their awful version of Barry Allen, as well as the other upcoming male-led DC films.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I will say that it is pretty suspicious that Batgirl and Wonder Woman get the boot while apparently awful Ezra Miller gets to prance about as their awful version of Barry Allen, as well as the other upcoming male-led DC films.
People already noticed this, it's just a matter of how much of a high tolerance the audience is going to have. That includes both the male and female audiences, the ladies are going to be more than upset the most. WB is clearly closing off one market/demographic, out of sexism and racism, and not wanting to put effort into their product. People of color and women do not appreciate it, and will be going somewhere else or back to Marvel. Assuming they never left Marvel in the first place, and still watch their movies or TV shows. The new president of WB Discovery is literally shooting himself in a foot with a rocket launcher. Sure, you'll have your male white audience, but they don't make up everything and you're bleeding cash either way. In addition saying those that are non-white or women don't belong. All they've done was give Marvel and disney, and other streaming services more ammunition. All those people they fired probably went to a difference that's more than willing to accept them or go straight to Disney. So congratulations WB-Discovery I hope it was worth it.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I still cannot fathom the logic that cancelling a near complete movie that had a sub hundred million price tag is a more enticing write off than Flash, who's budget must be hitting two hundred million by now, along with whatever the actual fuck is going on with Ezra Miller.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I still cannot fathom the logic that cancelling a near complete movie that had a sub hundred million price tag is a more enticing write off than Flash, who's budget must be hitting two hundred million by now, along with whatever the actual fuck is going on with Ezra Miller.
I'd direct you back to Kevin's story on working for WB in the 90s, but the short of it is that they are a bunch of out of touch ego-driven lunatics.