General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Oh dear, it's almost as if every idiot company trying to make their own streaming service, competing for the same dollar, made none of them profitable as a result.

Oopsie, who could've seen that coming?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Oh dear, it's almost as if every idiot company trying to make their own streaming service, competing for the same dollar, made none of them profitable as a result.

Oopsie, who could've seen that coming?
"Can't light money on fire"? That sounds like a challenge to me!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
DCU's new roadmap:

Gotta say, it's certainly a better roadmap than whatever DECU was supposed to be. A healthy mix of both familiar and unfamiliar heroes and villains. Still kinda sucks that we lost Henry Cavil, though

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
DCU's new roadmap:

Gotta say, it's certainly a better roadmap than whatever DECU was supposed to be. A healthy mix of both familiar and unfamiliar heroes and villains. Still kinda sucks that we lost Henry Cavil, though
I'm still not in a forgiving mood with WB Discovery & DC. I know most of these shows will be fine, but it's still stings. It still doesn't change the fact, that the president of company fired pretty much all of their workers that are colored or women in positions and powerful positions, destiny filled with a bunch of white guys so he can feel better about himself and cater to a bunch of racist jackasses.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
DCU's new roadmap:

I like that he's super excited for movies to come, then says they'll be a full reset. And don't think I didn't notice the backtracking he did on having the same actors play the same roles. He says they will, but then later when talking about the cartoons and video games he says they'll try to keep the same actors playing the same roles.
Lots of escape routes being prepared.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
DCU's new roadmap:

Honestly, I recall ages back when a roadmap was laid out with Kevin Smith. How much of that roadmap actually came to pass?

It also strikes me as odd that they're technically doing this as a continuation of the DCEU rather than starting from scratch (apparently Flash reboots it, but Aquaman 2 is still clearly a sequel, so...) but fine, whatever.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It also strikes me as odd that they're technically doing this as a continuation of the DCEU rather than starting from scratch (apparently Flash reboots it, but Aquaman 2 is still clearly a sequel, so...) but fine, whatever.
WBD/DC, either fucking commit or don't! I am glad to see Aquaman 2 is happening, but fuck off.

Well, that's slightly terrifying.
Cancelled after Season 1.

Still waiting for my Bubblegum Crisis series, Netflix. How hard a sell could “Cyberpunk, what-if Iron Man but four awesome chicks” be these days?
"Not popular enough/too niche"