General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So they're bringing back King of the Hill: https://deadline.com/2023/01/king-of-the-hill-revival-hulu-original-cast-returning-1235245072/
Which as someone who just a few days ago tried to watch some episodes, this is gonna be bad. Real bad. Like Rosanne needing to be killed by drugs off screen bad.
King of the Hill, with Hank Hill, a violent, alcoholic, racist, homophobic, abusive, Christian conservative anti-Government white guy from Texas. And he's the "good guy". If anyone was at Jan 6th and is a forever-Trumper, its...every single character from King of the Hill. With the possible, ironic, exception of Dale Gribble, who is so conspiratorial, he might think Q is so conspiratorial, its a conspiracy to get real truthers to out themselves over a bullshit zombie Jews from Cuba voting scandal.
If they don't change the show, people will realize how horrible these characters are. If they do change the show, the Hank Hill's of the world will cry "woke lefist liberal propaganda!".
Okay seriously, what is with these weird revival to shows that ended a long time ago? I know they're trying to reboot Futurama again, but I don't need to see that. That shows had like four different endings. Seriously, enough with the nostalgia baiting for 90s animated TV shows. Not every single one of them needs to come back. King of the Hill aired long enough as it was. Plus, Brittany Murphy has been dead for over a decade, so it wouldn't be the same without her.

Reactions: SilentPony

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
So they're bringing back King of the Hill: https://deadline.com/2023/01/king-of-the-hill-revival-hulu-original-cast-returning-1235245072/
Which as someone who just a few days ago tried to watch some episodes, this is gonna be bad. Real bad. Like Rosanne needing to be killed by drugs off screen bad.
King of the Hill, with Hank Hill, a violent, alcoholic, racist, homophobic, abusive, Christian conservative anti-Government white guy from Texas. And he's the "good guy". If anyone was at Jan 6th and is a forever-Trumper, its...every single character from King of the Hill. With the possible, ironic, exception of Dale Gribble, who is so conspiratorial, he might think Q is so conspiratorial, its a conspiracy to get real truthers to out themselves over a bullshit zombie Jews from Cuba voting scandal.
If they don't change the show, people will realize how horrible these characters are. If they do change the show, the Hank Hill's of the world will cry "woke lefist liberal propaganda!".
I don't think Hank Hill would vote for Trump. Trump is, personally, pretty much everything that Hank is suspicious of; Trump is loud, abrasive, immodest, overtly bigoted, a bankrupt, a cheat, a liar, a philanderer, and worst of all is from New York and eats steaks well done. Hank is the kind of conservative for whom personality and values are very important and Trump just isn't aligned with those. Hank pretty much has an existential crisis when he finds out his boss is only in the propane business for money and not because he loves propane. All his friends would vote for Trump though, except for Dale who is too far off the deep end to even be a Q guy, but Dale would participate in attacking Congress anyway.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I don't think Hank Hill would vote for Trump. Trump is, personally, pretty much everything that Hank is suspicious of; Trump is loud, abrasive, immodest, overtly bigoted, a bankrupt, a cheat, a liar, a philanderer,
Any number of Trumps supporters nominally are opposed to those things, in theory. Just when it came down to it...

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I don't think Hank Hill would vote for Trump. Trump is, personally, pretty much everything that Hank is suspicious of; Trump is loud, abrasive, immodest, overtly bigoted, a bankrupt, a cheat, a liar, a philanderer, and worst of all is from New York and eats steaks well done. Hank is the kind of conservative for whom personality and values are very important and Trump just isn't aligned with those. Hank pretty much has an existential crisis when he finds out his boss is only in the propane business for money and not because he loves propane. All his friends would vote for Trump though, except for Dale who is too far off the deep end to even be a Q guy, but Dale would participate in attacking Congress anyway.
See that's what the Hilary campaign thought. People like Hank Hill are ultimately good and will vote for Hilary over such an obvious scumbag. And then they didn't. And then they didn't twice. If we've learned anything over the last 6 years, its the party of "values" was all talk. Values in name only, but it never really mattered.
Two universal laws of American politics: Never trust a Democrat won't fuck up, and never trust a Republican to do the right thing.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
See that's what the Hilary campaign thought. People like Hank Hill are ultimately good and will vote for Hilary over such an obvious scumbag. And then they didn't. And then they didn't twice. If we've learned anything over the last 6 years, its the party of "values" was all talk. Values in name only, but it never really mattered.
Two universal laws of American politics: Never trust a Democrat won't fuck up, and never trust a Republican to do the right thing.
Hank is less the Conservative who actually exists than the Conservative we would hope who does. He is, after all, a cartoon character.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
On the one hand I don’t begrudge them on password sharing cos it can be a risk - for customers mainly - but on the other hand they chose the single most braindead way to go about it and when people not unreasonably got pissed off, they threw some poor countries under the bus to deflect blame, the cowards.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
On the one hand I don’t begrudge them on password sharing cos it can be a risk - for customers mainly -
Barely ever a problem as long as you know who you're sharing it with. I use my brother's Netflix account, but he and I are the only ones who use it.

but on the other hand they chose the single most braindead way to go about it and when people not unreasonably got pissed off, they threw some poor countries under the bus to deflect blame, the cowards.
Exactly why Netflix can get fucked twice as hard.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Look at that, Jill is finally in one of these movies. Leon, Chris, and Jill are all in the same story this time. I can barely get excited about this, as this will just be another prequel side story. Assuming wherever it takes place during the timeline. My feelings are most of whatever right now. Capcom can really tone it down with these type of movies.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

In the latest news, Moviebob still hates Batman v Superman

In other news, water is wet

Seriously Bob why did you make another video about this movie?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
In the latest news, Moviebob still hates Batman v Superman
An opinion that is hardly a minority, though I don't agree with ALL of the analysis presented here. That said I still can't think about that movie and not be angry that it wasn't a million times better.

Seriously Bob why did you make another video about this movie?
Gotta drive up the clicks somehow I guess.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
An opinion that is hardly a minority, though I don't agree with ALL of the analysis presented here. That said I still can't think about that movie and not be angry that it wasn't a million times better.

Gotta drive up the clicks somehow I guess.
I'm still dying on the hill that this movie is not a war crime of Adolf Hitler proportions bad.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm still dying on the hill that this movie is not a war crime of Adolf Hitler proportions bad.
No it isn't, but when you add up the talent involved, the characters it had, the reams of story material available, the sheer iconography both the main characters represent......how and why did we get a shitty cocktail comprising of one part Dark Knight Returns and two parts Death of Superman with Wonder Woman as the olive and served to us in a dirty glass?

That is what I can't fathom.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
No it isn't, but when you add up the talent involved, the characters it had, the reams of story material available, the sheer iconography both the main characters represent......how and why did we get a shitty cocktail comprising of one part Dark Knight Returns and two parts Death of Superman with Wonder Woman as the olive and served to us in a dirty glass?

That is what I can't fathom.
I digested it fine enough. Even the bad things here aren't as bad as the shit I've seen from Comic Book themselves.

You show me Jar of Piss, I show you Catholic Wonder Woman

You show me Batman using guns and killing, I show you an Older Giant Superman with a Santa Claus Beard using a 4 stacked chain gun and cares more about Gotham City then his own home towns.