General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
A CGI-talking-dog movie.... That's rated R? Okay, I'm definitely going to see this
You might want to have a look st Baxter, in a different genre.

It was marketed as a comedy, it barely is. Damn dark movie about a nasty dog, with dog thoughts. Trained to obey, for the worst. With the conclusion that dogs are fascists or that fascists are dogs, or something like that.

Quite an unforgettable thingy.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Believe it or not, the website is real.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Well fuck, looks like Flash movie is happening after all
Kinda sad how the Flash looks like he'll be the worst part of his own movie. He still has that annoying incel vibe, his suit looks like shit, and Miller has such a punchable face. Especially with both of those hairdos.

Everything else looks fun enough. Didn't expect to see THAT dude back in the DCEU. And seemingly in a major role. I wanna see Keaton turn his head. And Supergirl... Meh. If you're going to do her instead of Clark, then at least make her visually distinct. Her generic ass costume and short black hair had me mistaking her for Superman a bunch.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I agree, but Rick and Morty just needs to end. There's nothing left for the series at this point. Not for me anyway. And not for several others, if they're just going to do the same crap over and over again. You can only keep doing the same thing so many times before it gets boring, stale, and uninteresting. How about a compromise? Just do one more season and put an end to it.

Last edited:

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA

So...sounds like they're doing Flashpoint in broad strokes, then? I mean, on the one hand that gives them an excuse to call in a mulligan for the DCEU. But on the other hand...well let's be honest here, it's like when Snyder tried to borrow from the Dark Knight Returns. Half the damn source material is knife-twisting that the DCEU hasn't earned.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Based on internet reactions Im astounded by the lack of people tempering their expectations. I mean this is the studio that is like 1/5 right now. For me, the cgi looks incredibly bad. Like ps2 cut scene bad. In the opening scene barrys head doesn't even fit his body. Batman looks like hes moving at 4 frames a second. The story seems..neat? I dont really care about the ezra miller drama stuff. Im too old to participate in the internet mob stuff, so if its good great. Im not boycotting it.

I do find it intriguing that they took great pains to make all of Ezra 2s clothes yellow tented. Reverse flash?

james at mr sunday movies seems 100% confident Ezra2 is evil