General Print Media News (Comics, Manga, Webcomics, Novels, etc)

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

Hellboy creator Mike Mignola is teaming back up with longtime BPRD collaborator artist Duncan Fegredo for Giant Robot Hellboy - a three issue limited series coming from Dark Horse that is all about exactly what it says in the title.

In the limited series, which is rounded out by colorist Dave Stewart and artist Clem Robins, a literal giant robot version of Hellboy will take on a series of kaiju. Giant Robot Hellboy #1 features a main cover by Fegredo, and a variant by Mignola and Stewart. Subsequent issues will feature variants by Geof Darrow along with series colorist Dave Stewart, and Art Adams.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

TBH, I think it would be better to have books and graphic novels in separate categories, but as to the claims in the article...

Taylor’s story revolves around the Lost Ones – it’s not all boys in Neverlanders – recruiting a number of homeless kids to come to Neverland to fight against a group of greedy, shortsighted adults who seem intent on destroying the world.
That's kinda true, but-

This is essentially a book about the climate crisis, but there’s a lot in there about family and issues with parents,” he says. “I’ve always used my writing to vent or as an outlet for outrage.”
Da fuq?

Parental issues are certainly a key thing in Neverlanders, but I never got any sense it was referring to climate change.

I dunno, something something death of the author something something.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I'm all for dressing up at book week, but the Matildas? Really?

Also, I think I dressed up as Cairo Jim once way back in the day in primary school, though I wasn't allowed to carry a toy gun as part of it (which, to be fair, I don't think Jimmy ever carried a gun, but it's been decades since I read the books).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I can't really comprehend people reading post-Fleming Bond, post-Conan Doyle Holmes, post-Frank Herbert Dune, etc...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I can't really comprehend people reading post-Fleming Bond, post-Conan Doyle Holmes, post-Frank Herbert Dune, etc...
There's some weird takes on Sherlock Holmes that are readable. But yeah, as a general rule, not going to be remotely the same, and probably shouldn't even try.